Kid is fussy

Old September 28th 05, 04:10 AM
Mystified One

Father was unavailable, both physically and emotionally. As a matter of
fact, the reason I stayed home with the children was their father's
insecurity about me being competent in the work force. I thought I was
being a good wife and mother by neglecting my own needs. I went so far as
to compromise my own values in an attempt to save the marriage. In the end
I had to accept that nothing I did would ever make him happy if he himself
wasn't a happy person. People spend years in therapy learning what it cost
me a marriage to find out. His final act before I decided it wasn't worth
it was force the sex issue.

Yes, he's on his 4th marriage, and from what the kids tell me, he's still
not happy. I've never been happier than I have been since I divorced him,
even with the stress of the current situation.

:
: This comment is an indication more fathers should be given custody of
their
: children. The emotional maturity provided by fathers is far more
beneficial
: to a child's development than the weak excuses mothers use to justify why
: they can't do what is needed to raise their children successfully.
:
:
:

Old September 28th 05, 04:51 AM
Bob Whiteside

"Mystified One" wrote in message

[...]

No one here gives a **** about your pathological need to bash your
ex-husband.

Why are you pumping your children for information about how their father is
doing? And why are you accepting your children's interpretation of his
situation as fact? Why are you trying to make people believe you are
happier now because you are divorced? These are some good questions for you
to bring up in therapy, if you ever go.

Old September 28th 05, 06:46 AM
CME

"'Kate" wrote in message
On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 02:54:58 GMT, "Bob Whiteside"
the following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

This comment is an indication more fathers should be given custody of
their
children. The emotional maturity provided by fathers is far more
beneficial
to a child's development than the weak excuses mothers use to justify why
they can't do what is needed to raise their children successfully.

Although it's a nice wish that fathers be involved in their children's
lives, many seem to lave less emotional maturity than physical ability
to help create a child. Gender does not make or break a parent in
itself.

BTW, you forgot your widdle wubber duckie last week when you asked me to
skwub your backie in the tubbie.

'Kate

Kate you bad bad ting joo. Don't feed da widdle trollzie woozies.

Christine

Old September 28th 05, 03:31 PM
Mulligan

Although it's a nice wish that fathers be involved in their children's
lives, many seem to lave less emotional maturity than physical ability
to help create a child. Gender does not make or break a parent in
itself.

BTW, you forgot your widdle wubber duckie last week when you asked me to
skwub your backie in the tubbie.

'Kate

He's painting women with a broad brush....but then so are you about fathers
in the above paragraph.
While I'll agree that most men under 30 aren't worth a damn I know quite a
few fathers in their 30's
including myself who have taken on the role of the primary "mature"
dependale parent when their wives and mine
included starting reliving their past high school glory days. That door
swings both ways.

Dave

Old September 28th 05, 03:36 PM
Mulligan

"Mystified One" wrote in message
I won't force them to eat something they don't like, but I'm not a short
order cook, either. I do expect them to try stuff, but if they don't
like
it, they can always have leftovers.

Yes, my kids are sometimes picky, but they are willing to compromise if I
do
as well. How would you react as an adult to someone telling you to eat it
anyway? Are there foods you don't like?

Well being the adult I "know" what my son does and doesn't like...and I also
know when he is playing me
or would rather play or watch tv instead of eat, I try not to be
"controlled" by my 4 yr old.

Dave

Old September 28th 05, 04:09 PM

Didn't you recently start a thread about your ex-husband having
molested your stepson (Jerry Springer-like scenario). Why would you
want to keep tabs on a sick **** like that? I'd lose him in a
heartbeat.

Old September 29th 05, 12:02 AM
Mystified One

Point well taken. I don't feed me kids things I know they won't eat, but I
also have opted lately to turn the TV off when it started becoming a
priority over schoolwork, chores, and dinner.

"Mulligan" wrote in message
:
: ...

Old September 29th 05, 12:04 AM
Mystified One

"Bob Whiteside" wrote in message
ink.net...
:
:
: No one here gives a **** about your pathological need to bash your
: ex-husband.
:
: Why are you pumping your children for information about how their father
is
: doing? And why are you accepting your children's interpretation of his
: situation as fact? Why are you trying to make people believe you are
: happier now because you are divorced? These are some good questions for
you
: to bring up in therapy, if you ever go.
:
:
I'm not pumping them for information. The information was available through
a social report done by the court system. I wouldn't dare pump my kids for
any information.

Old September 29th 05, 01:37 AM
Kim

"Bob Whiteside" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Kim" wrote in message
Hi Anna!

There are whole grain pastas AND vegetable pasta's... MUCH better if

Darrell
is going through a fuzzy spell... My boy - back in the day - would only

eat
peanutbutter and banana sammiches and a glass of milk... Brekky, lunch
and
dinner!

Why do mothers talk like babies when addressing adults? Sammiches?
Brekky?
What the heck is a "fuzzy spell"? Are you children having children?

By "fuzzy" I meant fussy... brekky is just that -- nothing to do with baby
talk... Sammich is a roll over from when I was a child... Sue me!

Kid is fussy A Carter Child Support 50 October 14th 05 06:48 PM
Tendring PCT: Dr. Sarah's baby is fussy - her baby is her priority - that is as it should be Todd Gastaldo Pregnancy 1 January 5th 05 04:24 PM
dairy problems or just a fussy baby? Molly Ging Breastfeeding 1 October 11th 03 01:25 PM
Very fussy after bottles Laurie Breastfeeding 0 July 14th 03 06:06 AM