Christmas Family Letter...What Would You Do?

Old December 5th 05, 12:14 AM posted to misc.kids

Default Christmas Family Letter...What Would You Do?

DH brought home a copy of a family newsletter that his mom is planning to
send out as a greeting this Christmas season. There are several glaring
errors that I would wish to correct . Would it be awful of me to email my
MIL and point out these errors?

I wouldn't care, usually, but she's probably going to send this to my mom,
who would be totally offended, as these errors involve her grandchildren !

Old December 5th 05, 12:23 AM posted to misc.kids

"dejablues" wrote in message
DH brought home a copy of a family newsletter that his mom is planning to
send out as a greeting this Christmas season. There are several glaring
errors that I would wish to correct . Would it be awful of me to email my
MIL and point out these errors?

I would think that if he has a copy, that it is meant for him to help edit?
I mean, why would he have a copy when she hasn't sent them out yet?

Old December 5th 05, 12:32 AM posted to misc.kids

"toypup" wrote in message
. net...

"dejablues" wrote in message
DH brought home a copy of a family newsletter that his mom is planning
to send out as a greeting this Christmas season. There are several
glaring errors that I would wish to correct . Would it be awful of me to
email my MIL and point out these errors?

I would think that if he has a copy, that it is meant for him to help
edit? I mean, why would he have a copy when she hasn't sent them out yet?

He was helping his dad post stuff on ebay. The letter was just there , not
meant for anyone else to see yet. I'm sure his mom didn't mean for him to
see it. :-/

Old December 5th 05, 12:35 AM posted to misc.kids

dejablues wrote:
DH brought home a copy of a family newsletter that his mom is planning to
send out as a greeting this Christmas season. There are several glaring
errors that I would wish to correct . Would it be awful of me to email my
MIL and point out these errors?

I wouldn't care, usually, but she's probably going to send this to my mom,
who would be totally offended, as these errors involve her grandchildren !

What is it that is making you hesitant about correcting the errors?
Are you worried that she'll be offended? Would it be easier/better if
her son let her know instead of you? I'd be unhappy if misinformation
were going to be shared about my famliy and would hope that since it's
my family, that I'd have the option of correcting it. The thought of
my mother composing one of those letters almost makes my skin crawl.
If my MIL did it...it would be written very Disney-esque :-)

From time to time I've thought about writing one of those letters; but

it would be like a Saturday Night Live version of a dysfunctional
family holiday letter with a bit more honesty about the
not-so-great-stuff that has gone on in our lives :-)

I say correct the errors but if it were my family; I'd definitely have
my husband be the messenger if it were his mother who wrote it. He's
her perfect son and can do or say no wrong :-)

Old December 5th 05, 01:06 AM posted to misc.kids

In article ZDLkf.1697$567.1356@trnddc01,
"dejablues" wrote:

DH brought home a copy of a family newsletter that his mom is planning to
send out as a greeting this Christmas season. There are several glaring
errors that I would wish to correct . Would it be awful of me to email my
MIL and point out these errors?

Personally, I think it would be MORE awful of you to allow the letter to
go out with inaccurracies.

But this might depend on your MIL, and your relationship with her.

I know if it were me in her shoes, I'd want to know that I had some of
the details incorrect.

Old December 5th 05, 01:07 AM posted to misc.kids

In article JULkf.1729$567.808@trnddc01,
"dejablues" wrote:

"toypup" wrote in message
. net...

"dejablues" wrote in message
DH brought home a copy of a family newsletter that his mom is planning
to send out as a greeting this Christmas season. There are several
glaring errors that I would wish to correct . Would it be awful of me to
email my MIL and point out these errors?

I would think that if he has a copy, that it is meant for him to help
edit? I mean, why would he have a copy when she hasn't sent them out yet?

He was helping his dad post stuff on ebay. The letter was just there , not
meant for anyone else to see yet. I'm sure his mom didn't mean for him to
see it. :-/

That complicates things -- especially if your MIL doesn't KNOW he took a
copy home!

But I think I'd still stand by wanting things to be corrected.

Old December 5th 05, 01:09 AM posted to misc.kids

In article ZDLkf.1697$567.1356@trnddc01, dejablues says...

DH brought home a copy of a family newsletter that his mom is planning to
send out as a greeting this Christmas season. There are several glaring
errors that I would wish to correct . Would it be awful of me to email my
MIL and point out these errors?

I wouldn't care, usually, but she's probably going to send this to my mom,
who would be totally offended, as these errors involve her grandchildren !

Discuss with your DH. Either he'll want to talk with his mother about it or
not. And leave it there.

Banty

Old December 5th 05, 02:36 AM posted to misc.kids

"dejablues" wrote:

DH brought home a copy of a family newsletter that his mom is planning

send out as a greeting this Christmas season. There are several glaring
errors that I would wish to correct . Would it be awful of me to email

my
MIL and point out these errors?

Personally, I think it would be MORE awful of you to allow the letter to
go out with inaccurracies.

It depends on what the inaccurracies are. Kids ages? Kids grades? What is
she be getting wrong that your mother would get upset by? In the long run,
the vast majority of the folks that read them pretty much forget them within
the next 5 minutes. I'd just leave it alone.

!

Old December 5th 05, 02:56 AM posted to misc.kids

In article .com,
"MsLiz" wrote:

From time to time I've thought about writing one of those letters; but

it would be like a Saturday Night Live version of a dysfunctional
family holiday letter with a bit more honesty about the
not-so-great-stuff that has gone on in our lives :-)

Have you read David Sedaris's "Season's Greetings"? It's brilliant.
--
Sara
accompanied by TK, number two, due in April of 2006
Old December 5th 05, 03:04 AM posted to misc.kids

Anonymama wrote:
In article .com,
"MsLiz" wrote:

From time to time I've thought about writing one of those letters; but

it would be like a Saturday Night Live version of a dysfunctional
family holiday letter with a bit more honesty about the
not-so-great-stuff that has gone on in our lives :-)

Have you read David Sedaris's "Season's Greetings"? It's brilliant.
--
Sara
accompanied by TK, number two, due in April of 2006

Never heard of it, but I'll check it out, thanks!