Christmas Family Letter...What Would You Do?

Old December 5th 05, 03:43 AM posted to misc.kids

Default Christmas Family Letter...What Would You Do?

"dejablues" wrote in message

"toypup" wrote in message
. net...

"dejablues" wrote in message
DH brought home a copy of a family newsletter that his mom is planning
to send out as a greeting this Christmas season. There are several
glaring errors that I would wish to correct . Would it be awful of me to
email my MIL and point out these errors?

I would think that if he has a copy, that it is meant for him to help
edit? I mean, why would he have a copy when she hasn't sent them out yet?

He was helping his dad post stuff on ebay. The letter was just there , not
meant for anyone else to see yet. I'm sure his mom didn't mean for him to
see it. :-/

Can't her son mention it instead, since he was the one
who accidentally saw it? Maybe he could bring it up
with his dad so that they could decide together how to
approach it. Something path ought to work that doesn't
step on toes all that much.

Purely guessing, I don't think that an email would
be the best path.

P. Tierney

Old December 5th 05, 04:44 AM posted to misc.kids

Cathy Kearns wrote:
"dragonlady" wrote in message
In article ZDLkf.1697$567.1356@trnddc01,
"dejablues" wrote:

DH brought home a copy of a family newsletter that his mom is planning

send out as a greeting this Christmas season. There are several glaring
errors that I would wish to correct . Would it be awful of me to email

my
MIL and point out these errors?

Personally, I think it would be MORE awful of you to allow the letter to
go out with inaccurracies.

It depends on what the inaccurracies are. Kids ages? Kids grades? What is
she be getting wrong that your mother would get upset by? In the long run,
the vast majority of the folks that read them pretty much forget them within
the next 5 minutes. I'd just leave it alone.

I tend to agree, it depends on the inaccuracies. If they are merely
silly, then it just reflects badly on your mil. Otoh, if they are
potentially embarrassing (like, saying a kid placed 1st in a
competition that he actually lost, and he would have to correct
everyone congratulating him), that's different. Ok, so that's still a
pretty trivial example, but I'm not coming up with a better one at the
moment!

Another option, if you aren't comfortable with bringing it up, would be
to send out your own newsletter with the correct information (and other
stuff, as well, so it doesn't look like you are just doing it for that
one reason), and let people make their own interpretation.

Irene