Shoes

Old February 5th 04, 02:22 AM
Leanne

Default Shoes

is it just me, or does anyone else have an obsession with your bubs shoes??

I do, and he isn't even here yet!! So far I have 2 pair of size 2 nike and
adidas sneakers, size 0 nike sneakers, and a pair of size 4 ralph lauren
dress shoes... and every time i walk into a store i have to really try hard
not to buy anything else!! I'm not as bad with clothes anymore, since we
have been given sooooo many new and older ones!

but shoes... cant get enough of shoes!! they're soooooooo cute... its a
conspiracy i say!! lol

Leanne
edd: 23rd april 2004 with #1

Old February 5th 04, 02:48 AM
New York Jen

"Leanne" wrote in message
is it just me, or does anyone else have an obsession with your bubs

shoes??

I do, and he isn't even here yet!! So far I have 2 pair of size 2 nike and
adidas sneakers, size 0 nike sneakers, and a pair of size 4 ralph lauren
dress shoes... and every time i walk into a store i have to really try

hard
not to buy anything else!! I'm not as bad with clothes anymore, since we
have been given sooooo many new and older ones!

but shoes... cant get enough of shoes!! they're soooooooo cute... its a
conspiracy i say!! lol

Leanne
edd: 23rd april 2004 with #1

Just so you know, you really shouldn't put any shoes on your baby until they
are able to walk. And even then, they should be very flexible shoes. I
know they are cute, but putting shoes on too early can actually effect the
development of foot muscles and walking ability, etc.

I put Laszlo in those little booties a lot when he was tiny, then my shoe
obsession took over too, but not until he was able to walk on his own, at 13
months...

- Jen

Old February 5th 04, 02:59 AM
alissa

"Leanne" wrote in message
is it just me, or does anyone else have an obsession with your bubs

shoes??

I do, and he isn't even here yet!! So far I have 2 pair of size 2 nike and
adidas sneakers, size 0 nike sneakers, and a pair of size 4 ralph lauren
dress shoes... and every time i walk into a store i have to really try

hard
not to buy anything else!! I'm not as bad with clothes anymore, since we
have been given sooooo many new and older ones!

but shoes... cant get enough of shoes!! they're soooooooo cute... its a
conspiracy i say!! lol

Leanne
edd: 23rd april 2004 with #1

Not at all, I am so not a shoe person, I own 3 pairs and one of thoseI

wear to work.....DD has two, sandles and joggers...they don't need them
until after they can walk and even then she only wears them if we are going
out. I do like cute booties and sox are a must in winter. I have bought 2
pairs of booties from pumpkin patch for my DS. My DD was size 5 before she
could walk at age 1.
Alissa

Old February 5th 04, 04:10 AM
Chotii

"Leanne" wrote in message
is it just me, or does anyone else have an obsession with your bubs

shoes??

I do, and he isn't even here yet!! So far I have 2 pair of size 2 nike and
adidas sneakers, size 0 nike sneakers, and a pair of size 4 ralph lauren
dress shoes... and every time i walk into a store i have to really try

hard
not to buy anything else!! I'm not as bad with clothes anymore, since we
have been given sooooo many new and older ones!

but shoes... cant get enough of shoes!! they're soooooooo cute... its a
conspiracy i say!! lol

Ugh. Those things cost like $20 pair!

I've made booties for my daughter (a picture of these may be seen at my
livejournal page: www.livejournal.com/users/chotii) from a pattern I picked
up at the storefront for Birth and Baby in Lynnwood, WA. I make them out of
flannel, corduroy or knit (for the exterior) and scraps of polar fleece (for
the inner lining) and they're cute and warm, without restricting the feet at
all. If I could justify their cost, I would buy Bobux or Robeez for later.
Goodness knows, I pay enough for shoes for my older 3 that the idea of
shelling out another $20 for a kid who doesn't even crawl yet goes against
the grain.

But, I can't pass up the Sassy line of infant educational toys.

--angela

Old February 5th 04, 04:13 AM
Puester

Leanne wrote:

is it just me, or does anyone else have an obsession with your bubs shoes??

I do, and he isn't even here yet!! So far I have 2 pair of size 2 nike and
adidas sneakers, size 0 nike sneakers, and a pair of size 4 ralph lauren
dress shoes... and every time i walk into a store i have to really try hard
not to buy anything else!! I'm not as bad with clothes anymore, since we
have been given sooooo many new and older ones!

but shoes... cant get enough of shoes!! they're soooooooo cute... its a
conspiracy i say!! lol

Leanne
edd: 23rd april 2004 with #1

Be careful about buying dress shoes. First of all, your
baby's feet will develop better without them. Secondly
they may not fit well if baby has wide feet. Dress shoes tend
to be quite stiff and uncomfortable. I work at a large airport
one day a week and it makes me very sad to see little kids
literally limping because their feet hurt in everything from
fancy patent leathers to hiking or cowboy boots. What on earth
are parents thinking? (Of course many women are limping also
because they are wearing ridiculous shoes.)

gloria p
Old February 5th 04, 04:39 AM
Plissken

I never even considered buying shoes. Babies don't even need them until they
walk. My DH did buy a pair of Robeez before DD was born and we did get
knitted booties as gifts but that's about it. IMO they are a waste of money.
I'd rather buy cute little socks. I've been considering buying another pair
of Robeez but have decided to hold off until DD is walking and really needs
them.

--
Nadene

Old February 5th 04, 07:19 AM
Denise Anderson

"Leanne" wrote in message
is it just me, or does anyone else have an obsession with your bubs

shoes??

I do, and he isn't even here yet!! So far I have 2 pair of size 2 nike and
adidas sneakers, size 0 nike sneakers, and a pair of size 4 ralph lauren
dress shoes... and every time i walk into a store i have to really try

hard
not to buy anything else!! I'm not as bad with clothes anymore, since we
have been given sooooo many new and older ones!

but shoes... cant get enough of shoes!! they're soooooooo cute... its a
conspiracy i say!! lol

Leanne
edd: 23rd april 2004 with #1

I bought lots of shoes for my first daughter. She only wore them for
pictures, but woo hoo we get lots of pictures of her. Now I wait till
they're toddlers and go crazy..

Old February 5th 04, 01:07 PM
rsitter

"Leanne" wrote in message ...
is it just me, or does anyone else have an obsession with your bubs shoes??

I do, and he isn't even here yet!! So far I have 2 pair of size 2 nike and
adidas sneakers, size 0 nike sneakers, and a pair of size 4 ralph lauren
dress shoes... and every time i walk into a store i have to really try hard
not to buy anything else!! I'm not as bad with clothes anymore, since we
have been given sooooo many new and older ones!

but shoes... cant get enough of shoes!! they're soooooooo cute... its a
conspiracy i say!! lol

Leanne
edd: 23rd april 2004 with #1

i definitely have a shoe thing. she simply must have shoes to match
every outfit. i'm just as bad with clothes. my husband counted her
shoes when we organized her closet and put them in the shoe cubbies.
at 1 year, she's had 27 pairs of shoes. i know that's ridiculous.
now, in my defense, she's really hard to fit, so some of those i've
bought and they didn't fit and i didn't get around to returning them.
at least we're having another girl, for whom i bought... a pair of
shoes a couple of days ago. i know, i know... i have a problem. but
my 10 year old hates shoes and doesn't care if she wears the same pair
for a year with every single outfit no matter how they look. :-)

riley's foot is so thick and wide that they don't sell baby shoes
around here that will fit her. the bigger her foot gets, the harder
it is to fit her. i'm afraid i'm going to have to special order them
and they're $30 - $40 a pair. why did she have to take after her
father's side of the family?

rsitter
mother of megan, 10, riley, 1, and chloe due in 7wks, 4 days!
Old February 5th 04, 01:45 PM
Mary W.

Leanne wrote:

is it just me, or does anyone else have an obsession with your bubs shoes??

I do, and he isn't even here yet!! So far I have 2 pair of size 2 nike and
adidas sneakers, size 0 nike sneakers, and a pair of size 4 ralph lauren
dress shoes... and every time i walk into a store i have to really try hard
not to buy anything else!! I'm not as bad with clothes anymore, since we
have been given sooooo many new and older ones!

but shoes... cant get enough of shoes!! they're soooooooo cute... its a
conspiracy i say!! lol

I must say, I had no interest in shoes for DD. She didn't get her first
pair until she was 12 months old and walking. I just love thier bare
little feet. Didn't even put shoes on her for her pictures until she
got her 18 month pictures taken. She mostly just wore socks
although I did buy a pair of warm slippers for wearing outside
when it was cold.

Still don't like to buy them. She usually wears Nike sneakers, the
same kind. I just keep buying them in bigger sizes.

Now she does have more clothes than I do.....

Mary

Old February 5th 04, 02:17 PM
Kari

I was like this with our first child. Way too many shoes, actually, she
still has the most of anyone in the house. I admit, I *love* girls shoes and
I do buy her ones to match all her little outfits.

With #2, he didnt have any until his first walking shoes which were plain
white stride rites, kept buying the same style until he was about 2. Now he
has 1 pair of sneakers for play, one for good, if we are going out anywhere,
like to the mall or something (they are from LLbean) same with summer
sandals, one leather fisherman type pair and one pair of Teva's. No dress
shoes because we dont dress up for anything. If we did, I'd buy him a pair
from payless or something.

With #3, he has Hanna Andersson leather moccasin shoes and that is it. He
stands in the excersaucer and I put those on his feet. Im thinking of
purchasing some Robeez though, for this summer because I expect he will be
starting to cruise by then and I will want something on him. Baby sandals
are not very forgiving on little feeties, at least not the ones I've seen.

Babies seem so much happier without shoes on, and it's better for their
feet. My MIL used to put shoes on her son (who is a year younger than
Kaylie) when she got him dressed, even if they weren't going out . She'd
keep them on his feet even during naps, all day until bed time. ****ed me
off, but then again, its my MIL so I can't say much, lol.

Kari
mom to Kaylie (8) Noah (4) and the Xan Man (4 mos)