Update on AFP

Old October 14th 04, 11:58 PM
Beach mum

Default Update on AFP

Well, as I'd mentioned, the OB said that 92% of Downs cases were found using
nuchal fold scan and AFP so I agreed to do the AFP. He called me (yes, you
heard right, he did...not a nurse) yesterday and said that it came back fine
and I shouldn't worry.

Yipee!

Next decision, whether to take the GD test since I barely failed last time
or to avoid it and start pricking my fingers...

--
Melissa (in Los Angeles)
Mum to Elizabeth 4/13/03

Old October 15th 04, 01:59 PM
Tara

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 22:58:18 GMT, "Beach mum"
wrote:

Well, as I'd mentioned, the OB said that 92% of Downs cases were found using
nuchal fold scan and AFP so I agreed to do the AFP. He called me (yes, you
heard right, he did...not a nurse) yesterday and said that it came back fine
and I shouldn't worry.

Yay! I know that's a big relief.

Tara
Old October 15th 04, 11:38 PM
Mamma Mia

"Beach mum" wrote in message
Well, as I'd mentioned, the OB said that 92% of Downs cases were found
using nuchal fold scan and AFP so I agreed to do the AFP. He called me
(yes, you heard right, he did...not a nurse) yesterday and said that it
came back fine and I shouldn't worry.

Yipee!

Next decision, whether to take the GD test since I barely failed last time
or to avoid it and start pricking my fingers...

--
Melissa (in Los Angeles)
Mum to Elizabeth 4/13/03
and ??? due early 3/05

i undrestand GD gets worse with subsequent pg's all things being equal, so i
vote dont do the test and just start pricking. that is what i am doing.
and at 14 weeks, so far so good, but apparently it doesnt fire up until
about 20.

christine

Great 1st appointment, 18 wk. update and AFP update Beach mum Pregnancy 0 October 5th 04 10:15 PM
Update Jamie Clark Pregnancy 4 October 1st 04 06:37 AM
Update: Problems with 14yr old sister... Daniel Single Parents 13 March 28th 04 02:18 AM
Update: Problems with 14yr old sister... Daniel Foster Parents 5 March 25th 04 01:44 PM
Use critical update Alex Nemeth Single Parents 0 October 2nd 03 03:42 AM