Brain Speed

Old January 19th 07, 01:31 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking
gene joyce

Default Brain Speed

Would you like to train your child's brain to work much faster? Is it
possible? What is it good for?
I have noticed a long time ago, that my son sees and notices things
much faster. When we are out and about, he always notices a lot more
details than I do. When we are watching a movie, he will later mention
details that I have never noticed. After a recent movie that we have
watched, he was able to come up with little details and nuances that I
haven't gotten at all. It seems that his eyes see faster and his ears
hear faster than mine. His brain works faster too. Because of all this,
he is also able to react faster, come up with an answer faster, and
solve a problems much faster than most people.
If you'd like to train your child's brain to work faster, there are
some activities that you can do with your child - in only a few minutes
a day, that will train their brain to work at lightning speed! Here are
a few of them:
1. Fast pictures. Create some flash cards with pictures or words
(depending on your child's age and ability).
If your child reads already, start with word cards. Choose words that
make up a sentence. Make flash cards that contain the words that you
have chosen. Hold the cards in one hand, like a little book, and flip
through them, like you would flip the pages of a book, at high speed.
Have your child tell you what the sentence is. Practice this several
time, increasing the speed of flipping the pages.
When you feel that your child is ready - increase the speed, or
increase the complexity of the material you are working on.
Important: Remember to make it fun and keep it a game. Make sure it's
not a frustrating experience! Reduce the speed if necessary and
increase it only gradually.
2. Speed listening: Play some of your favorite music, recorded at 4
times faster than normal. You can also do the same with speeches and
talks. Play some music at fast speed. When you play fast music to your
child, you are training his right brain to take over. Since the music
is for the most part unrecognizable, the left brain tends to get
inactive, and lets the right brain take over during this exercise. This
is an excellent exercise for speed as well as right brain training.
http://childgeniusphym.blogspot.com/#

Aspartame Jan Drew Kids Health 15 November 16th 06 05:44 PM
7-Up's Audacious New Ads Exceed Outrageous Limits-FTC does nothing Jan Drew Kids Health 54 October 21st 06 03:15 PM
FDA—KNOWING WILLFUL PARTY TO THE ADHD FRAUD Ilena Rose Kids Health 9 February 10th 06 09:49 PM
Eating smart is good for your brain Roman Bystrianyk Kids Health 2 September 28th 04 06:17 AM
GLOBAL RELEASE - ASPARTAME TOXICITY Jeff Kids Health 3 September 20th 04 02:28 PM