FOLLOWUP: SPOTSYLVANIA COUNTY SHERIFF/PIZZA BOXES

Old May 26th 07, 10:54 AM posted to alt.child-support
John Meyer[_2_]

Default FOLLOWUP: SPOTSYLVANIA COUNTY SHERIFF/PIZZA BOXES

Bob Whiteside wrote:
"John Meyer" wrote in message
. ..
Bob Whiteside wrote:
Some other good questions to ask is how does the flier content get to

the
private group? Are privacy laws being broken when this information

makes
the transition from government records to the private groups? How is

the
flier content verified?

I see where you are going with this, and in as much as I'd love to
agree, but unless those court orders are under some sort of seal, they
are public records.

Court orders are public records. Case balances are not public information
and cannot be disclosed in my state.

See
http://www.dcs.state.or.us/oregon_ad...les/055_1140.p
df Paragraphs 11,12, and 13 cover this issue.

Whenever someone other than a party calls for case information they must
know the SSAN or case number, and be married to or living with the party.
The obligor can provide a written release to disclose case records. Even
the child for whom CS is paid cannot get case information and balances.

My point is Virginia probably has its own confidentiality and privacy rules
regarding CS administration. And my guess is this pizza box flier program
violates states law.

I get a 404 page with that link.
All right, granting that, I doubt that the group itself is really
afraid. After all, even if that the case, the first time a person
actually files on it, the state just swoops on down and arrests them.
Old May 26th 07, 12:13 PM posted to alt.child-support
[email protected]

On May 25, 10:07 pm, "Bob Whiteside" wrote:
"John Meyer" wrote in message

. ..

Seehttp://www.dcs.state.or.us/oregon_admin_rules/child_support_rules/055...
df Paragraphs 11,12, and 13 cover this issue.

Whenever someone other than a party calls for case information they must
know the SSAN or case number, and be married to or living with the party.
The obligor can provide a written release to disclose case records. Even
the child for whom CS is paid cannot get case information and balances.

My point is Virginia probably has its own confidentiality and privacy rules
regarding CS administration. And my guess is this pizza box flier program
violates states law.

I'm researching this on Westlaw this weekend...according to DCSE, I
can't even get a number from them that's a subset of the total amount
of arrearage owed in this state.

Old May 26th 07, 09:06 PM posted to alt.child-support
Bob Whiteside

"John Meyer" wrote in message
. ..
Bob Whiteside wrote:
"John Meyer" wrote in message
. ..
Bob Whiteside wrote:
[...]

Check the line length. It is a fairly long link to the Oregon
Administrative Rule on this topic. It's a pdf file and my newreader shows
the df at the end of the link on a second line.

All right, granting that, I doubt that the group itself is really
afraid. After all, even if that the case, the first time a person
actually files on it, the state just swoops on down and arrests them.

My point is the private group is getting their flier input from some source.
The source apparently has access the CS records. It is that source who is
breaking the law.

Old May 26th 07, 09:40 PM posted to alt.child-support
Bob Whiteside

wrote in message
oups.com...
On May 25, 10:07 pm, "Bob Whiteside" wrote:
"John Meyer" wrote in message

. ..

Bob Whiteside wrote:
[...]

See 22VAC40-910-90 and the references to 63.2-102 and 63.2-103. They cover
the VA confidentiality issues regarding CS records. Disclosure of CS case
information outside of CS administration is a Class 1 misdemeanor.

Old May 28th 07, 03:35 PM posted to alt.child-support
John Meyer[_2_]

Bob Whiteside wrote:
All right, granting that, I doubt that the group itself is really
afraid. After all, even if that the case, the first time a person
actually files on it, the state just swoops on down and arrests them.

My point is the private group is getting their flier input from some source.
The source apparently has access the CS records. It is that source who is
breaking the law.

Still, actually bringing a test case is going to be hard as hell anyway.
And onto the whole swooping down and arresting them. If that doesn't
strike you as odd, check out this thread. Hell, they're actively
plotting stings using the children as bait.
http://www.divorcesupport.com/ubbthr...e/0#Post108600)
I thought child custody/visitation and support were two separate things.
Argue what you will, but if you allow things like this to happen
essentially you have more than a "chilling effect" on child visitation:
you have a mini Ice Age.

Old May 28th 07, 10:00 PM posted to alt.child-support
[email protected]

Bob, the Virginia administrative and state code statutes you've
provided are correct, however, the "wanted" flyer I got say both dads
are charged with criminal desertion under §20-61 of the Code of
Virginia. The charging document likely has the arrearage amount on it
and once that warrant's been cut, it's a public document.

FOLLOWUP: SPOTSYLVANIA COUNTY SHERIFF/PIZZA BOXES [email protected] Child Support 0 May 23rd 07 02:24 PM
FOLLOWUP: SPOTSYLVANIA COUNTY SHERIFF/PIZZA BOXES [email protected] Child Support 12 May 23rd 07 02:11 PM
deadbeat MOMs on Pizza Boxes? whatamess Child Support 3 April 5th 07 07:43 PM
pizza?? Chris[_3_] Child Support 5 March 28th 07 03:36 AM
Best pizza in Portland Oregon Todd Gastaldo Pregnancy 15 January 26th 05 01:31 PM