New Book Coming Out: Alice in Wonderland Made Simple for Kids

Old December 9th 07, 06:52 PM posted to misc.kids
Welches

Default New Book Coming Out: Alice in Wonderland Made Simple for Kids

"Sam Sloan" wrote in message
When I wrote that it is coming out soon, I really meant soon.

It is coming out tomorrow.

The entire original book has been re-written by Sam Sloan in short
sentences and easy words that even an adult can understand.snip

You wouldn't be biased would you?
My 6 year old girl enjoyed the original format anyway.
Debbie

Old December 9th 07, 07:08 PM posted to misc.kids, rec.games.chess.politics, rec.arts.books.childrens,alt.fan.harry-potter, soc.culture.usa
samsloan

On Dec 9, 1:52 pm, "Welches"
wrote:
"Sam Sloan" wrote in message

... When I wrote that it is coming out soon, I really meant soon.

It is coming out tomorrow.

The entire original book has been re-written by Sam Sloan in short
sentences and easy words that even an adult can understand.snip

You wouldn't be biased would you?
My 6 year old girl enjoyed the original format anyway.
Debbie

Thank you for your feedback.

My six-year-old can only read a few of the words. However, my six-year-
old is way behind in her reading, so I imagine that there are some six-
year-olds who can read it.

On the other hand, I am a 63 year old and I have trouble getting
through it.

Are you sure that your six-year-old can read it by herself and is not
having it read to her by you?

I wrote this book to make it possible for my own daughter to read it.
I have blown up all the drawings to make them almost completely fill
up a 8.25 x 10.5 page, so that it can be used as a coloring book.

The actual text as re-written by me would only be 10 pages long in
normal 10 point type, but I have used very large 24 point type and put
only words on even-numbered pages and drawings on only odd-numbered
pages and made sure that the words on the left match the pictures on
the right. This has expanded the book to 120 pages.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Sam Sloan
Old December 9th 07, 07:34 PM posted to misc.kids,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.arts.books.childrens,alt.fan.harry-potter,soc.culture.usa
Donna Metler

"samsloan" wrote in message
On Dec 9, 1:52 pm, "Welches"
wrote:
"Sam Sloan" wrote in message

[...]

Personally, I'd rather have my child encounter rich stories as readalouds,
then read them herself later. My 3 yr old LOVES hearing the original Winnie
the Pooh stories, even though there is language in them which is not
commonly used in day to day life, and she can certainly follow the stories.
I remember hearing, and reading Alice in Wonderland, The Chronicles of
Narnia, Lord of the Rings, many of the OZ books, and a lot of other pretty
detailed stories in elementary school, and even when I could read them
aloud, I still loved being read to.

There is a place for simplified books-Margaret Hillert's easy readers are
favorites of my 3 yr old's, including "The Three Little Pigs", "Cinderella
at the Ball" and the like. She is very excited when she can read these books
all by herself, so I understand what you're trying to do. But in no way does
"Cinderella at the Ball" come near to the detail and magic of a more full
retelling of the story.

Here is an exciting new book called: Creative Parenting Made Easier! FashionBags & More Breastfeeding 0 May 30th 06 10:46 PM
I made a baby book! arachne Pregnancy 4 June 19th 05 04:31 AM
Bad times coming for your kids ! ! ! Karl-Hugo Weesberg Pregnancy 0 October 23rd 04 05:58 AM
Simple activities for kids Mary Willston General 2 July 29th 04 04:27 PM
Review: Wonderland (*** 1/2) Steve Rhodes General 0 October 11th 03 11:40 PM