Do you guys send a thank you card?

Old November 25th 03, 04:31 PM
Kari

Default Do you guys send a thank you card?

Yes, I sent my midwife a thank you card with an enclosed picture of Xander.

Kari
mom to Kaylie (7) Noah (4) and Xander (7 weeks)

Old November 25th 03, 06:07 PM
Clisby

DD wrote:
Do you guys send a Thank You card along with a pic of your new baby to the
Doc who delivered your baby or maybe to a nurse at the hospital who assisted
and helped you out a lot?

What do you guys do?

Thank You

Uh, no. I paid 10% of their $3300 bill. I think that was plenty.

Clisby

Old November 25th 03, 07:57 PM
Taniwha grrrl

DD wrote:
Do you guys send a Thank You card along with a pic of your

new baby
to the Doc who delivered your baby or maybe to a nurse at

the
hospital who assisted and helped you out a lot?

What do you guys do?

I've always given my midwives a small gift at my 6 weeks
discharge. We don't pay directly for maternity care here
(but do indirectly from our taxs) so i like to give a little
something personal. I also am good friends with my midwive
so we exchange cards at christmas and keep in touch anyway.
It was different when I had Lydia as she was a c/section and
it was the first time I'd met any of those people and didn't
feel it appropriate to give them anything, even a thank you
card. I did take a box of chocolates into the post natal
ward nurses station though for the staff to share as I was
there for 5 day's and 'some' of them were very sweet to me
and helped me a lot.

--
Andrea

If I can't be a good example, then I'll just have to be a
horrible warning.

Old November 25th 03, 08:25 PM
Daye

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 07:39:07 GMT, "DD" wrote:

Do you guys send a Thank You card along with a pic of your new baby to the
Doc who delivered your baby or maybe to a nurse at the hospital who assisted
and helped you out a lot?

Nope. It is their job. They get paid to do it. I did verbally thank
them though. I also took the baby in when she was a couple of weeks
old.

However, I am in the public health system in Australia. I don't have
a specific doctor.

--
Daye
Momma to Jayan
Old November 26th 03, 04:46 AM
Irrational Number

DD wrote:
Do you guys send a Thank You card along with a pic of your new baby to the
Doc who delivered your baby or maybe to a nurse at the hospital who assisted
and helped you out a lot?

Our story was a bit different... We had a horrible
diagnosis at 29 weeks... We scheduled a fetal MRI
to confirm or deny the diagnosis, but before we got
the final results, we gave the presents we were
going to give at the birth to my obstetrician and his
two assistants who were fabulous in helping us. Yes,
they are paid to work for us, but their attitude was
always helpful and they spent so much time far and
above the call of duty.

After giving birth, we gave them each a bottle of
bubbly wine (Korbel, I think). We gave the ob a
birth announcement and a couple of photos of him
with the baby, too.

Because the NICU nurses were so fabulous during
Pillbug's 5-day stay, we also wrote a letter to the
nurse administrator thanking the nurses for everything
they did for us.

-- Anita --
--
SUCCESS FOUR FLIGHTS THURSDAY MORNING ALL AGAINST
TWENTY ONE MILE WIND STARTED FROM LEVEL WITH ENGINE

Old November 26th 03, 01:59 PM
Linz

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 07:39:07 GMT, "DD" wrote:

Do you guys send a Thank You card along with a pic of your new baby to the
Doc who delivered your baby or maybe to a nurse at the hospital who assisted
and helped you out a lot?

What do you guys do?

I'm sending a card with pic to the team who looked after me in the
early stages when miscarriage was a possibility. The midwife unit got
lots of biccies from us after I went home but will probably get a
Christmas card and pic of Jack to say "we're doing well, thanks for
getting us started".