Tell me this is not true - re - twins

Old November 19th 03, 07:26 PM
Mary

Default Tell me this is not true - re - twins

Yep, another girl

Yay!! I'd be thrilled either way completely (unlike with Sproutkin,
when I really *really* wanted a girl), but yay!

Mary S.
mom to the Sproutkin, 20 months
(and hoping for another)

Old November 19th 03, 07:31 PM
Jill

"Sophie" wrote in message
It's not true that pigging out at the beginning of a pregnancy, instead of
having morning sickness, is a sign of twins gulp is it??

Hmm..I don't know. Some people say that all wives tales are false (not that
they are not possible, but that they aren't a sign either). I know someone
right now who is having twins. I don't know how her appetite is, but she had
never had a minute of morning sickness. My doctor tells me the sicker you
are, the more of a healthy pregnancy it tends to be- but none of thw women I
know who have never had morning sickness had unhealthy babies, so I don't
know.

I would think someone with twins would be more prone to being sick
myself...but I would also think that they'd be hungry.

Old November 19th 03, 07:32 PM
Daye

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 21:57:39 -0500, "Sophie"
wrote:

It's not true that pigging out at the beginning of a pregnancy, instead of
having morning sickness, is a sign of twins gulp is it??

My MS kicks in about week 6-8, and before that, I am always starving.

I heard that if you are really hungry, it is because you are having a
boy. I have never heard the twins thing.

--
Daye
Momma to Jayan
Old November 19th 03, 07:34 PM
Jill

By the way Sophie is it wrong of me to HOPE you are having twins? Because I
do....any time I hear someone is having twins I get all mushy....having
twins would be great (so long as the pregnancy isn't more difficult).

Old November 19th 03, 07:40 PM
Sophie

wrote:

It's not true that pigging out at the beginning of a pregnancy, instead

of
having morning sickness, is a sign of twins gulp is it??

My MS kicks in about week 6-8, and before that, I am always starving.

It's week 7-8 for me but I can't remember how I felt before that.

I heard that if you are really hungry, it is because you are having a
boy.

No no no :P

Old November 19th 03, 07:41 PM
Sophie

"Jill" wrote in message
. ..

By the way Sophie is it wrong of me to HOPE you are having twins? Because

do....any time I hear someone is having twins I get all mushy....having
twins would be great (so long as the pregnancy isn't more difficult).

I'll kill you if you think twins for me - lol.

4 is enough for me, it's do-able. 5 - and twins - would put me over the
edge.

Seriously, physically I might need bedrest as it is, so twins would probably
not be a good thing for me.

Old November 19th 03, 07:45 PM
Kari

I heard that if you are really hungry, it is because you are having a
boy.

I've heard/read the same thing. It was most definately true for me!

Kari
mom to Kaylie (7) Noah (4) and Xander (7 weeks)

Old November 19th 03, 07:49 PM
Kari

I thought I felt boy with Patrick cos that was what I wanted. I have no
idea why I was so sure Lewis was a girl. I think I feel girl this time cos
it's what I want (and www.chinagold.com says it is - lol). I know I won't
be able to help but make a guess after I'm told the heart rate at my first
appointment - lol.

I thought Kaylie was a boy and wanted a boy first, vice versa for Noah (I
wanted 2 girls or 2 boys first, dunno why really) and maybe that's why I was
wrong for both. This time i didnt care one way or the other but next time I
do hope for a girl so I'll probably think girl again (and be wrong, lol)

Chinagold said I'd have 3 girls. Wrong the last 2 times obviously.

And the heartbeat thing, Xander's was always high (in the 150-160's) up
until the last appt. In labor it was 120-130 and the nurses kept saying he
was a boy.

FWIW, I think you're having a girl

Kari

Old November 19th 03, 09:50 PM
Kari

Awww quit it! :P

Oh it's alright, you're having a girl anyway!!!!