vent: sad about retiring obstetrician

Old March 21st 05, 07:26 PM
Irrational Number

Default vent: sad about retiring obstetrician

I just had a huge bawlfest in the car leaving
the ob/gyn's office. Called my husband and
my friend, so I do feel better. But, I'm still
upset.

My obstetrician was The Wizard to us. I
LOVED him and his two office ladies. He
was the one who saw us through my difficult
pregnancy last time and Reyna (the office
lady) faxed and set up appointments and
called for fetal MRI and did EVERYTHING,
was simply fabulous. Corrina (the take-blood-
pressure lady) was friendly and competent
and we found out this time that our
pregnancies were exactly at the same time.
(We're both 29 weeks!)

Anyway, so I found out 2 months ago that
The Wizard was retiring sometime between
March and June. I go in today to find that
the office decor completely changed, The Wizard
had retired March 1, and his two assistants
also left. I thought they'd stay on for the
transition.

So, the new doctor, this is his THIRD office.
I saw his physician's assistant for the second
time today. As she was taking the fundal
measurements, she's saying, ooh, is that scar
from a c-section? How long ago was that? You
know you'll need another one this time? Why
did you get a section?

COULD SHE HAVE READ THROUGH MY
RECORDS FIRST??? I'm not saying she should
memorize all the patients' records, how about
just scan through the ones she's seeing today?
At this time, RIGHT NOW, I DO NOT want to
be explaining about the fibroid and the baby's
misdiagnosis last time. I want someone who
knows me.

I'm looking for a new obstetrician as of now.
Since I have a new one anyway (of course, I
haven't seen him yet!), it's not as big of a deal.
Oh yes, the physician's assistant asked me if
I had questions. I said yes, I want to know about
tubal ligation. She says briskly, yes, he does
that. Um, y'know, I want to DISCUSS it, not
to hear confirmation that he does it. Any other
questions? (Like a drill sergeant...) Yes, The Wizard
had mentioned an amnio to check baby's lung
maturity at 36 weeks, then decide when to do
the section based on those results. She says,
the doctor will see you at 34 weeks, and he'll
decide when to do the section. I said, um, no,
we don't want labor and contractions, I told her
what The Wizard said, she basically repeated
their office procedures...

ACK. It's just pregnancy hormones. I just
burst into tears when I left the office. They did
grudgingly "fit me in" to see the doctor next
Friday. I HATE THEM I HATE THEM I HATE
THEM.

Okay, I feel better. Sorry so long. I hope no
one really read through this...

-- Anita --

Old March 21st 05, 07:41 PM
Emily

Anita what a terrible shock. How awful that
they don't take the time to get to know patients,
especially when taking over a practice. It's also
awful that you didn't get more warning. I wonder
what happened to the office ladies from the earlier
practice? If they didn't retire, maybe you can
figure out where they've gone and try to get into
that practice?

Emily
--
DS 5/02
EDD Labor Day 9/5/05
Old March 21st 05, 07:48 PM
Cuddlefish

"Irrational Number" wrote in message

ACK. It's just pregnancy hormones. I just
burst into tears when I left the office. They did
grudgingly "fit me in" to see the doctor next
Friday. I HATE THEM I HATE THEM I HATE
THEM.

I don't think this is just because of pregnancy hormones - it must be a
shock to go from an ob practice you trusted and enjoyed attending to a
seemingly impersonal practice where they don't even take the time to get to
know your file!

I am sorry you had to have this experience. Complain complain all you want
because quite frankly, this SUCKS!

--
Jacqueline
#1 Due late Jul/early Aug

Old March 21st 05, 08:40 PM
Irrational Number

Cuddlefish wrote:

"Irrational Number" wrote in message

ACK. It's just pregnancy hormones. I just
burst into tears when I left the office. They did
grudgingly "fit me in" to see the doctor next
Friday. I HATE THEM I HATE THEM I HATE
THEM.

I don't think this is just because of pregnancy hormones - it must be a
shock to go from an ob practice you trusted and enjoyed attending to a
seemingly impersonal practice where they don't even take the time to get to
know your file!

Thank you for your kind words! That is the
biggest thing, the shock of going from a
one-man practice into a three-office franchise.
I know that works for a lot of people, but I'm
so spoiled... I'd been going to The Wizard
since before I even got married... I can't
even express how much I loved them. Ah
well... I need to find a new Wizard.

-- Anita --

Old March 21st 05, 08:43 PM
Irrational Number

Emily wrote:

Anita what a terrible shock. How awful that
they don't take the time to get to know patients,
especially when taking over a practice. It's also
awful that you didn't get more warning. I wonder
what happened to the office ladies from the earlier
practice? If they didn't retire, maybe you can
figure out where they've gone and try to get into
that practice?

I'm definitely going to look for the two ladies. If
anything, I at least want to get the blood-pressure
lady a baby gift. (sob) She'd tell me before that
she told her church about Pillbug's (mis)diagnosis
and that her whole church was praying for us. Then
later on, she always would ask about the "miracle
baby". I knew about her getting married and wanting
to get pregnant and finally that we were pregnant
together... (sob sob)

Thanks for letting me vent.

-- Anita --

Old March 21st 05, 10:24 PM
Jamie Clark

Hugs Anita.
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Guest
Password

Chiro for babies - and a Hungarian obstetrician of note... Todd Gastaldo Pregnancy 0 May 14th 04 04:24 AM
VENT: crappy lunchtime toypup General 5 April 28th 04 05:53 AM
upset at nanny -- vent Irrational Number Breastfeeding 244 March 13th 04 08:04 PM
Finding a good obstetrician in Toronto Harriet Pregnancy 0 September 4th 03 04:07 PM
I have to vent Denise Breastfeeding 17 July 22nd 03 03:05 AM