FOLLOWUP: SPOTSYLVANIA COUNTY SHERIFF/PIZZA BOXES

Old May 22nd 07, 12:51 PM posted to alt.child-support
[email protected]

Default FOLLOWUP: SPOTSYLVANIA COUNTY SHERIFF/PIZZA BOXES

Here's a article that gives the names of SOME of the businesses
involved (the Sheriff has failed to respond to my FOIA request within
five days as Virginia law provides):

http://www.wtkr.com/global/story.asp...Type=Printable
Virginia Deadbeat Dads On Pizza Boxes

May 21, 2007 10:25 PM

If you owe back child support in Spotsylvania County, Virginia, and
you haven't arranged to pay up, a lot of folks are going to soon learn
both your name and what you look like.

County officials are using a new method of outing deadbeat parents,
putting their names and pictures on pizza delivery boxes. The new
program includes parents who have criminal warrants in effect.
Officials are also hoping it will be a warning for parents who might
think about skipping child support payments.

According to Child Support Link, a nonprofit group in Virginia,
deadbeat parents owe 2-point-3 billion dollars in child support across
the state.

So far, Domino's Pizza, Sam's Pizza and Subs, and Vinny's Grill and
Pizzeria have signed up for the program. Deadbeat parents will find
their names on fliers, and on grocery bags and takeout packages as
well.

Old May 22nd 07, 03:29 PM posted to alt.child-support
DB

"John Meyer" wrote in

Do you happen to live in Virginia? I don't know the geography, but if
you are interested in getting all the names of the businesses involved
with this smear campaign,

Yes i want the names of these businesses so I know which ones to not buy
from.

If Dominoes is involved, we can have an all out boycott on their pizzas
everywhere!
Mothers, fathers, brothers and our friends can all help against the war on
discrimination and government oppression.

It's not going to be worth it for these businesses to try promote this
insane system!

Old May 22nd 07, 04:23 PM posted to alt.child-support
John Meyer[_2_]

DB wrote:
"John Meyer" wrote in

Do you happen to live in Virginia? I don't know the geography, but if
you are interested in getting all the names of the businesses involved
with this smear campaign,

Yes i want the names of these businesses so I know which ones to not buy
from.

If Dominoes is involved, we can have an all out boycott on their pizzas
everywhere!

Again?
Didn't Dominos learn the lesson the first time? Didn't their experience
in Michigan teach them anything?
Old May 22nd 07, 04:50 PM posted to alt.child-support
John Meyer[_2_]

DB wrote:
"John Meyer" wrote in

Do you happen to live in Virginia? I don't know the geography, but if
you are interested in getting all the names of the businesses involved
with this smear campaign,

Yes i want the names of these businesses so I know which ones to not buy
from.

If Dominoes is involved, we can have an all out boycott on their pizzas
everywhere!
Mothers, fathers, brothers and our friends can all help against the war on
discrimination and government oppression.

I'd also like to know the exact content of these posters. While I don't
like the idea of putting a scarlet a on a person through posting those
things on-line, if we can establish a trend. For instance, if the
relationship of blacks to whites, male to female (that's obvious), or
class differences, you now have a few points that you can use to shred
Domino's Pizza.

Oh yeah, one other thing for you all:
Domino's Pizza
(540) 582-7766 6376 Jefferson Davis Hwy
Spotsylvania, VA Map

Remember, while you should complain, I would keep my comments free of
any sort of criminal threat that would land you in jail (we're too few
already to afford one in the big house).

Also, here's a link to the Dominos web site and contact form:

http://info.dominos.com/dominos_pizz...ntact?openform

My comments are posted he
http://www.wtkr.com/global/story.asp...Type=Printable

Some time ago, when attorney general Mike Cox used your pizzas in a
policy to humiliate and degrade dads, you stood up and told us that
Domino's pizza did not support such activity. By doing that you gained
the respect of non custodial parents who have been alienated from their
families.
Now you have another franchise owner, with your logo and trademark
displayed, engaging in the same sort of smear and humiliation campaign.
While willfull non payment of child support is a serious issue, these
posters paint a blanket picture and label people "deadbeat dads" without
giving them a chance to air their side of the grievance. Numbers
without any context (size of the child support award, retroactivity,
etc) paint a false picture of these people, with a greater number
presuming a worse father.
Moreover, the policies of family court in determining custody of the
child end up making these posters sexist and unrealistic. Study any of
these posters, and you will be lucky if you find two or three pictures
of token "deadbeat mothers". That gives the impression that father's
are bigger deadbeats, even when the numbers indicate that there is no
serious difference between fathers and mothers who do not pay their
child support when you analyze by months rather than amount of money.
Finally, these posters often are racist and classist in nature,
depicting a far greater number of the poor and minorities than does
exist in the community at large. I would hardly think that a
corporation like yours would like to be associated with such an image.
For the reasons above, and for the fact that I have yet to see Dominos
actively and regularly print wanted posters for other criminals, even
violent criminals, I would request that you use whatever influence you
have to stop this unjust practice. Labeling a father as a deadbeat does
not lead to that person being more of a parent; in fact, it subjects a
child to humiliation and scorn.
Though my budget does not afford me the luxury of eating out every
night, I can afford a pizza or two a month, and there are others with
the same feelings as well. As good as your pizzas are, I don't think I
could stomach them given these posters.
Old May 22nd 07, 05:35 PM posted to alt.child-support
DB

"John Meyer" wrote in

Though my budget does not afford me the luxury of eating out every
night, I can afford a pizza or two a month, and there are others with
the same feelings as well. As good as your pizzas are, I don't think I
could stomach them given these posters.

How would the investors feel about a nationwide boycott on their product.

Let them know there has been many people hurt by the CS system.

Old May 22nd 07, 06:08 PM posted to alt.child-support
DB

"John Meyer" wrote in message
How would the investors feel about a nationwide boycott on their product.

Let them know there has been many people hurt by the CS system.

What I would love to see, and the thought came out is this: depending
upon how Domino's is set up, and the willingness of other businesses,
how do you think they would respond if they woke up the other day and
saw across the street a Father's rights group sponsored "Free Pizza
Bake", using pizzas either home made or generic (removing the boxes so
we make it clear we are not getting support from those businesses if
they choose not to).

The only thing a business understands is money!

I already sent this to them:

Some time ago in 2001, when Michigan attorney general Mike Cox used your
pizzas in a
policy to humiliate and degrade dads, you stood up and told us that
Domino's pizza did not support such activity. By doing that you gained
the respect of non custodial parents who have been alienated from their
families.
Now you have another franchise owner, with your logo and trademark
displayed, engaging in the same sort of smear and humiliation campaign.

Domino's Pizza
(540) 582-7766 6376 Jefferson Davis Hwy
Spotsylvania, VA Map

While willful non payment of child support is a serious issue, these
pizza box posters paint a blanket picture and label people "deadbeat dads"
without
giving them a chance to air their side of the grievance. Numbers
without any context (size of the child support award, retroactivity,
etc) paint a false picture of these people, with a greater number
presuming a worse father.

These Pizza box posters of Fathers in trouble often are racist and classist
in nature,
depicting a far greater number of the poor and minorities than does
exist in the community at large. I would hardly think that a
corporation like yours would like to be associated with the practice of
degrading people in public.

For the reasons above, and for the fact that I have yet to see Dominos
actively and regularly print wanted posters for other criminals, even
violent criminals, I would request that you use whatever influence you
have to stop this unjust and discriminating practice.

Labeling a father as a deadbeat does not lead to that person being more of a
parent;
in fact, it subjects a child to humiliation and scorn.
Imagine a child at school being taunted by the other kids for having their
father's picture on their pizza box from the night before?

As good as your pizzas are, I don't think the 50 million families that are
effected by the child support system could stomach them given these
discriminating posters. You cannot justify such a humiliating practice!

Fathers groups and their friends & families will organize a nationwide
Boycott if this is allowed to continue.

Sincerely

xxxxx xxxxxxx

Old May 22nd 07, 09:48 PM posted to alt.child-support
[email protected]

On May 22, 8:55 am, John Meyer wrote:

While I wish you luck on this one, from the way that the current
administration has treated the concept of open government and the nature
of the states to follow suit it's a long haul.
Do you happen to live in Virginia? I don't know the geography, but if
you are interested in getting all the names of the businesses involved
with this smear campaign, why not plan a roadie down there?

Thanks, John, I live about 90 minutes from this jurisdiction. I've
emailed the Sheriff, again, and if I don't hear from him tomorrow,
I'll bring a FOIA suit against him here and let him hire an attorney
to appear over here in my local court.

Old May 22nd 07, 09:52 PM posted to alt.child-support
[email protected]

On May 22, 11:50 am, John Meyer wrote:
DB wrote:

Oh yeah, one other thing for you all:
Domino's Pizza
(540) 582-7766 6376 Jefferson Davis Hwy
Spotsylvania, VA Map

It's not this Domino's...a manager game me the possible
location...I'll call them and if it's them, I'll post their info here.

deadbeat MOMs on Pizza Boxes? whatamess Child Support 3 April 5th 07 07:43 PM
pizza?? Chris[_3_] Child Support 5 March 28th 07 03:36 AM
Best pizza in Portland Oregon Todd Gastaldo Pregnancy 15 January 26th 05 01:31 PM
fisherman's slice of pizza for kids Rob General 0 November 15th 03 04:15 PM
Urgent! Can I eat Pizza at my pregnancy of 17th week William Lu Pregnancy 9 August 17th 03 09:39 PM