Competing decibels

Old April 1st 04, 01:24 PM
Fer

Default Competing decibels

Can I b*tch?? it's 4am here on my side of the world.....
Since I am in the last trimester I fully expect a restless sleep. The
little bud has taken to night wakings which I can sleep through until the
constant barrage of bladder pokes (or sore hips)cause a full waking. Once
up every hour until 3 or 4am is becoming the norm. I can live with it, part
of carry and little one right? But what is starting to send me off the
deepend is DH....
That man sores like a passed out drunk every night. Yet another thing I've
learned is part of life. Either I taught myself to follow the peaks and
valleys and try to slide into sleep during a quiet moment or pack myself of
to the looney bin from lack of sleep. The odd time I have to resort to a
not so gentle poke but otherwise I can deal. Well now it seems that I have
taken to snoring myself lately. Not surprised being preg and lack of normal
rest but you'd think I disturbed the 'kings' sleep! Whether it be
complaints come morn or a night like tonight that his idea to stop me is to
freeze me out so I am FULLY awake and then hear the complaining. Only to
have him roll right over and START SNORING HIMSELF, AGAIN!
Arrrrrrrggghhhhhhhhh!!!!! And it has to be snore, turn, snore different,
turn, pick a new tone snore some more move more....any of this sound
familiar?!!!

And of course I've decided to re-decorate the living room so with an
implosion of all the furniture to the middle of the room the couch can't be
my friend tonight :-( I love him dearly but is wanting to strange him out
of the question? LOL

Just my vent...
--?

Jenn
-WAHM
-DS Feb'92
-DD Feb'97
-Jellyfish due June 25/04

Old April 1st 04, 03:36 PM
Vicky Bilaniuk

Fer wrote:

[...]

Heh heh heh heh I completely understand. ;-) DH and I have had this
problem, too. We've reached understandings about it. He snores more
often than I do, but neither of us snores regularly. For me, 99% of the
time snoring is related to being stuffed up. For him, it's often
related to position. So if I'm snoring, I can take a decongestant. If
he's snoring, I poke him just enough to wake him slightly, and I ask him
to roll over. He often rolls back and starts snoring again, but usually
by then I'm asleep.

It is far worse if I can't sleep for other reasons, though (as you're
experiencing). DH has no qualms about sleeping on the floor, though, so
if we run into your problem, I will be able to send him to another room
and just have him sleep on the floor. ;-) Can your DH crash on the floor?

Old April 1st 04, 03:58 PM
Shena Delian O'Brien

Fer wrote:

That man sores like a passed out drunk every night. Yet another thing I've
learned is part of life.

It might not have to be. Snoring is usually a BIG sign of sleep apnea,
or some other problem with breathing while asleep. You should have him
go to the doctor about it. (I know, it's hard to get men to go to the
doctor...)

Old April 1st 04, 05:32 PM
Auntie Bubbles

"Fer" wrote in message
Can I b*tch?? it's 4am here on my side of the world.....

Jenn,
I have lived with a snoring, kicking, blanket thieving, bed hogging, talk in
his sleep man for 11 years, and I've made a lot of adjustments in order for
us to stay in the same bed together. One of them is to invest in earplugs.
I wear them every night. My favorite brand is "Hearos". They are soft and
comfy, and block out all but the worst of his snoring. I don't know how it
will work when the baby comes, but we will be co-sleeping, and they do let
SOME sound in, so I'm not too worried about waking up when I need to for the
beanie. Good luck. My DH complains about MY snoring now that I've been
pregnant, but mostly he's been pretty nice about it.
Cheers,
Alexis
EDD 4/21/04
Beanie #1

Old April 1st 04, 11:33 PM

I haven't tried them, but I have heard good things about those Breathe
Right strips you put on your nose to help snoring problems - might be
worth it to try for both you and your DH - maybe you can make a pact,
you will wear yours if he wears his...

and it might be easier to do than get him to the doctor...

PS I'm not sure if they have them where you live, but in the US they
are these strips you put on your nose and it helps breathing and
eliminates snoring... you can buy them over the counter, they aren't
prescription.

Old April 2nd 04, 12:12 AM
Jill

"Fer" wrote
But what is starting to send me off the
deepend is DH....
That man sores like a passed out drunk every night. Yet another thing

I've
learned is part of life.

Been there, dealt with that!!! I had to ask my husband to start sleeping in
the guest bedroom. I knew it was a good idea when I'd be awake at 4 am
wanting to club him on the head with whatever heavy object was within arms
reach.

I used a bit of psychology though, to make it seem like HIS idea. I started
being really loud when I got up every hour to pee, and turning the light on
"Sorry honey-- I was afraid I would fall in the dark and hit my stomach on
the corner of the dresser"...I started stretching out a lot with my 8
pillows and crowding him on his side of the bed. Then I started the "Gee
honey, I am so afraid I am interfering with your sleep and you have such
long days at work! I wouldn't be offended if you feel you have to sleep in
the other room, I sure will miss you but I understand."

After a few nights of me making his sleep unrestful he EAGERLY starting
sleeping in the other room!

If you have another place where he can sleep...talk to him about it! Oh and
the reason my husband went to the other bed instead of me, is because our
bathroom and the only tv in a bedroom is our bedroom-- I'd still wake him up
going to the bathroom in the middle of the night and he is generous enough
to agree that I should be able to watch tv at 3 am when I am miserable, and
can't sleep. Otherwise, I would have gone to the other bed!

Old April 2nd 04, 09:42 AM
Vicky Bilaniuk

Jill wrote:
to agree that I should be able to watch tv at 3 am when I am miserable, and
can't sleep. Otherwise, I would have gone to the other bed!

You watch TV when you're miserable at 3am? I get on the computer! ;-)
Tomorrow (i.e. later today - it just feels weird saying that) is going
to be a rotten day, but oh well. I'll nap.

Old April 2nd 04, 12:48 PM
Mary Gordon

Jenn, get him to a doctor.

There are things an ENT doc can do to stop this annoying problem so
you don't have to suffer with it (they have some simple mouth
appliances or in-office lasar surgery that can get rid of it).

And more importantly that kind of snoring is frequently an indicator
of brewing big health problems for the snorer. Its often associated
with apnea. It can put a huge strain on the heart - never mind the
person isn't getting the kind of restful sleep they need for health.

He needs to be seen by a doc to find out if anything more sinister is
going on, and to find out what you can do to fix the NOISE.

Mary G.