One Milestone Down (long)

Old July 12th 03, 05:40 PM
Jodie

Default One Milestone Down (long)

Congratulations, Phoebe and Caterpillar!! Way to go! (Are you sure
about that rice cereal thing? :-P)

Jodie

Old July 12th 03, 05:59 PM
She's A Goddess

"Phoebe & Allyson" wrote in message
Well, the Caterpillar and I have made it to 6 weeks. We're
pleased to report the following accomplishments:

Yay!

- I've had to toss 4 ounces of refrigerated EBM due to age,
because giving her a bottle is more troublesome than
nursing. It's going to be an effort to make sure she
doesn't forget how bottles work.

Ack, Phoebe, freeze that stuff will ya?!

Rhiannon

Old July 12th 03, 06:03 PM
Elana Kehoe

Phoebe & Allyson wrote:

Well, the Caterpillar and I have made it to 6 weeks. We're
pleased to report the following accomplishments:

And you should be pleased! Nice job, and I'm glad that you've come to
terms with bf (I say it this way, cause I don't particularly *enjoy* bf,
it's just become part of our life. Comfortable, I guess...)

I raise my glass of nice fruity fizzy stuff to you :-).

Old July 12th 03, 07:34 PM
JoelnCaryn

Well, the Caterpillar and I have made it to 6 weeks.

Yay!

- Caterpillar has not expressed an insatiable desire for
rice cereal. She has expressed an insatiable desire for
mamma milk, though.

Hee hee. FWIW, Oscar has only just started to be interested in about a
tablespoon of rice cereal twice a day...

--
Caryn
mama to Oscar, 10/20/02
Old July 12th 03, 07:39 PM
Plissken

"Phoebe & Allyson" wrote in message
snip

Way to go Phoebe! It sure is a struggle at first isn't it? I'm still
struggling somewhat and my DD is 9 weeks old. She was bottle fed for the
first two weeks and I didn't get her latched on to my right breast until she
was 5 weeks old so I still have issues with that breast and not the other.

- I've weaned myself off of Lansinoh, although the little
greasy stains will probably be with me forever.

I HATE this stuff! I bought brand new shirts and a pair of jeans for summer
and after wearing them a couple of times I have grease stains all over them.
Waaaahhhhhh!

Nadene

Old July 12th 03, 08:38 PM
Phoebe & Allyson

She's A Goddess wrote:

Ack, Phoebe, freeze that stuff will ya?!

Everything now goes straight into the freezer. But by the
time I realized there was going to be an age issue, the
cream had separated (so I'd have to warm it to get it out of
the bottle), and it was several days old. So I wasn't
really happy about warming, then freezing.

Phoebe

Old July 12th 03, 08:39 PM
Phoebe & Allyson

Jodie wrote:

(Are you sure
about that rice cereal thing? :-P)

At this point, unless she sat up and said "I'd like some
rice cereal, please," I wouldn't interpret it as an

Old July 13th 03, 07:11 AM
Dawn Lawson

Phoebe & Allyson wrote:

She's A Goddess wrote:

Ack, Phoebe, freeze that stuff will ya?!

Everything now goes straight into the freezer. But by the
time I realized there was going to be an age issue, the
cream had separated (so I'd have to warm it to get it out of
the bottle), and it was several days old. So I wasn't
really happy about warming, then freezing.

ook.
You should be able to swirl the bottles to remix the cream in, and
then freeze it.
Breast milk is fine for 8 days in teh fridge, so if you didn't warm
it, surely you could put it into freezer??
My milk separates in a few hours at room temp, slightly longer in the
fridge. Quick swirl or two and it's remixed.

Dawn

Old July 13th 03, 05:00 PM
Phoebe & Allyson

Dawn Lawson wrote:

You should be able to swirl the bottles to remix the cream in, and
then freeze it.

I suspect it wouldn't have worked, as it took a second
hot-water rinse to get the last bits clinging to the sides
of the bottle to melt off. If the milk had been fresher, it
probably would have worked, but the cream in the bottles I
had had climbed halfway up the side of the bottle, and
wasn't even touching the milk below at that point.

Breast milk is fine for 8 days in teh fridge, so if you didn't warm
it, surely you could put it into freezer??

Well, the bottle at home was already 8 days old by the time
I realized we weren't going to use it. Due to growth spurt,
we didn't go into work for a few days, and that bottle was
10 days old by the time I tossed it. If the bottles had
been fresher, I probably would have just put them into the
freezer in bottles.

If it's any consolation, one of the bottles had 2 ounces and
one had only one ounce, so it's not quite as bad as it could
have been.

Phoebe

Old July 13th 03, 07:39 PM
Dawn Lawson

If it's any consolation, one of the bottles had 2 ounces and
one had only one ounce, so it's not quite as bad as it could
have been.

Phoebe

Just know that some women find it very frustrating to dump milk, but
sounds like you did right.

Dawn, typing fast, sprog meltdown imminent