being naughty

Old January 1st 06, 04:37 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Default being naughty

In article ,
"Anne Rogers" wrote:

so far, everyone has been politically correct and not even asked you why you
aren't going to breastfeed, so I'm going to pose the question, why aren't
you going to breastfeed?

I haven't been being "politically correct" -- I've been being polite
(and biting my tongue).
--
Sara
accompanied by TK, number two, due in April of 2006

Quoting, for users of Google Groups:
http://groups.google.com/support/bin...4213&topic=250
Old January 1st 06, 05:38 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

JennP wrote:
"oregonchick" wrote in message
Don't assume you'll go from a 14 to a 10... I didn't fit anything
smaller when I left the hospital, than when I came in. ANd frumpy
comfortable maternity clothes would be my going home choice,
especially with all the bleeding!

Agreed! Leave the jeans at home. You'll probably still be sore,
wearing a big pad because of heavy bleeding and the last thing you'll
want is a pair of jeans. I'd stick with maternity pants for a few
days or a nice, cozy pair of stretchy drawstring style pants for a
few days.

I'll third that. With all the stitches it was a while before I wanted to
wear jeans. I was also not anywhere close to my original size.

--
Nikki
Hunter 4/99

Old January 1st 06, 06:45 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

April & Bump wrote:

Thanks and yes it makes me feel a tad better, I think I will be following
suit at this rate... I have got the babys car seat though but just thought
of something I havent got and thats a nice warm newborn dressing gown which
I really wanted to have as they are just soooo cute.... LOL

I found out real fast that gowns don't fit in carseats. :-(

--
C, mama to three year old nursling

Old January 1st 06, 07:28 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

wrote in message
oups.com...

April & Bump wrote:

Thanks and yes it makes me feel a tad better, I think I will be following
suit at this rate... I have got the babys car seat though but just
thought
of something I havent got and thats a nice warm newborn dressing gown
which
I really wanted to have as they are just soooo cute.... LOL

I found out real fast that gowns don't fit in carseats. :-(

I was just given a "blanket" type of thing that fits in the car seat and
zips around the baby so you can dress the baby in whatever you want
(obviously gowns get hiked up to expose the legs so the harness can go
between) and the blanket then keeps baby warm. Probably well known to
everyone else here, but I'd never seen it before and it's SO much better
than trying to put her in a snowsuit.
It's called "Bundle Me" http://tinyurl.com/bcuvf

Old January 1st 06, 08:31 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

V. wrote:

I was just given a "blanket" type of thing that fits in the car seat and
zips around the baby so you can dress the baby in whatever you want
(obviously gowns get hiked up to expose the legs so the harness can go
between) and the blanket then keeps baby warm. Probably well known to
everyone else here, but I'd never seen it before and it's SO much better
than trying to put her in a snowsuit.
It's called "Bundle Me" http://tinyurl.com/bcuvf

I would be cautious with this. Carseats are not
guaranteed safe with *ANYTHING* behind the baby other
than what was included in the box. The compressibility
of the material behind the baby can affect how well the
straps will hold in case of an accident. This affects
head supports that go behind the head, additional padding
under the baby, blankets, or anything else. Technically
speaking, you're not even supposed to have a child in
a heavy coat under carseat straps. (Friends who work
in crash safety research won't even wear heavy coats
under their seatbelts as adults.) Some might feel
comfortable with this, but if you're conservative on
this issue you might want to skip it. I *think* there
are some similar products that don't have anything that
goes behind the baby, like this one:
http://tinyurl.com/ambcc

I know the marketing literature says that
the Bundle Me has been safety tested and found
to have little impact on the car seat performance.
Said friends in safety research don't believe
it. They could be completely wrong, but I'm
rather conservative about that stuff and prefer
to err on the side of caution and stick with
accessories that have been tested with the carseat
by the manufacturer or that don't go under the
baby or under the straps.

Best wishes,
Ericka
Old January 1st 06, 08:55 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

It's called "Bundle Me" http://tinyurl.com/bcuvf

which looks just like the "cosy toes" which we bought from the manufacturer
of our car seat, I thought it was over priced, but only fractionally more
than the bundle me, fits the car seat perfectly (obviously), matches the car
seat and given that it was made to be sold with the car seat, although not
sold in the box, but as an extra, like a raincover, still avoids this
problem?

I would be cautious with this. Carseats are not
guaranteed safe with *ANYTHING* behind the baby other
than what was included in the box.

Any ideas if I am correct Ericka? I really really hope so, it really is thin
at the back and certainly no thicker than the head support and extra back
padding that was supplied for use with a newborn.

Anne

Old January 2nd 06, 02:09 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Anne Rogers wrote:
It's called "Bundle Me" http://tinyurl.com/bcuvf

which looks just like the "cosy toes" which we bought from the manufacturer
of our car seat, I thought it was over priced, but only fractionally more
than the bundle me, fits the car seat perfectly (obviously), matches the car
seat and given that it was made to be sold with the car seat, although not
sold in the box, but as an extra, like a raincover, still avoids this
problem?

I would be cautious with this. Carseats are not
guaranteed safe with *ANYTHING* behind the baby other
than what was included in the box.

Any ideas if I am correct Ericka? I really really hope so, it really is thin
at the back and certainly no thicker than the head support and extra back
padding that was supplied for use with a newborn.

My hunch would be that if it was made for the
specific model of carseat, and is similar in construction
to an accessory that was sold with the carseat, then
odds are that it is fine--especially if what goes behind
the baby is very thin. Obviously, babies wear clothes
and those are going to add some bulk, so something that
is thin like that would be much less worrisome than
something that is thicker.

Best wishes,
Ericka
Old January 5th 06, 04:10 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

"Ericka Kammerer" wrote in message
. ..

I would be cautious with this. Carseats are not
guaranteed safe with *ANYTHING* behind the baby other
than what was included in the box. The compressibility
of the material behind the baby can affect how well the
straps will hold in case of an accident. This affects
head supports that go behind the head, additional padding
under the baby, blankets, or anything else. Technically
speaking, you're not even supposed to have a child in
a heavy coat under carseat straps. (Friends who work
in crash safety research won't even wear heavy coats
under their seatbelts as adults.)

Agreed. Land's End makes baby seat covers that go *over* the seat and still
keep the baby quite warm. They don't interfere or even touch the straps at
all. I'd definitly recommend this over the Bundle Me even though I know they
are so popular.

JennP.

Old January 5th 06, 03:27 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

JennP wrote:

Agreed. Land's End makes baby seat covers that go *over* the seat and
still keep the baby quite warm. They don't interfere or even touch
the straps at all. I'd definitly recommend this over the Bundle Me
even though I know they are so popular.

I've not seen the specific Land's End ones but this type of thing is hugely
popular here. I didn't have one for my other boys because I didn't use the
infant seats in the winter but I did get them for the twins. They have a
little window over the babies face that can be closed when running in and
out of stores. You can take them off if you will be inside long and worry
about the baby overheating without taking the baby out to strip them down
and/or wake them up.

Old January 5th 06, 03:36 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Even our local discount stores (e.g. Walmart and Target) sell these
that go over the seat, usually for around $10 or $15 U.S., so they're
very affordable. That's what I used for DD through an entire North
Dakota winter (and it gets COLD -- like 30 or 40 degrees below zero,
Fahrenheit). It was incredibly simple for us and she was always
content.

-Carlye
DD 9-29-04
"Butterball" EDD 6-2-06

New Here Sas Single Parents 3 December 30th 05 12:41 AM
New Baby On The Way - Busy Toddler - Need Advice! [email protected] Pregnancy 21 May 4th 05 10:47 PM
I need serious help w/ problem child Nolte009 General 28 January 11th 05 07:43 AM