Problem bottle feeding one of the twins

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 29th 07, 07:26 PM posted to alt.parenting.twins-triplets,misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids
NL

Default Problem bottle feeding one of the twins

betsy schrieb:
On Sep 29, 8:29 am, NL wrote:
when she's laying on her back her head's not turned to the side all the
time anymore. She's still no good at nursing on the right breast though
:-/ I think let down is too fast for her there, she latches on fine but
pulls away frequently.

When mine were newborns, they preferred my less productive side. As
they got bigger and more able to handle the more forceful letdown,
they switched to liking the more productive side better.

Sara is 4 weeks today, but she's wearing 2-4month size clothing! She
spits up a fair bit (Sam never spit up except if he had a crappy day)
and I put her into one of Sams outfits, which fit him well when he was
about 6-8 weeks old. I swear, if she'd stretch out all the way she'd
make the buttons fly off.
So to me she's not exactly a newborn ;-) She's _huge_! *lol* It's so
strange, she's asleep in my bed with Sam right now and I look at her and
think "There's no way you could have ever fit into my belly. You're so
big already!" the pair of pants I had with me for taking her home from
hospital were practically capri-pants on her! I knit her a really warm
sweater, which is nearly too small already, she's worn it once so far...

But yes, she's definitely still a newborn nursing wise, though I noticed
when I nursed her "to sleep" (overtired, screaming, fussing, no-fun
baby, we need to take our walk earlier tomorrow..) she nursed fine on my
right side, apparently let down isn't such a big problem when we're
laying down so I'm on my right side. I have no clue why though..
Whatever, as long as it works ;-)

To the OP:
So yeah, try different nursing positions! My midwife told us about a
mother of twins who nursed both, she had them in bed with her, one on
the foot end one on the head end and she'd "flip over" whenever one was
crying. It worked fine for her.
I know it doesn't "cut down on time" because you'd be nursing one at a
time, but if you can do it without really waking up it doesn't really
matter, right? And for the day time, relax, it's not a race. Yes, we've
all got chores and things to do and we don't like to sit there nursing
24/7 either, but this time will pass, and it will do so quickly even
though it doesn't seem like it today.
I thought I'd be sitting there nursing my now 7 year old until I'm old
and gray and I'd have sipderwebs all over me because when he was really
little he'd nurse 30 min on the left, 30 min on the right, 30 on the
left again and then sleep for 30 minutes, but _only in my arms and I was
not allowed to move_ or he'd wake up and scream... It passed. I'm not
nursing him 24/7 anymore and I don't have gray hair (just don't look too
closely, those few in the back don't count! No, I don't want you to
count them for me either!) well, at least there's no cobwebs!

Is there any way you can help your wife out in a different way, like
having someone come in once a week and clean the house? Can you take
care of the laundry in the evenings? What about your/her parents, can
they maybe cook and freeze some food for you so she doesn't have to cook
every night and you're not living on take out either?

cu
nicole

Problem bottle feeding one of the twins [email protected] General 24 September 30th 07 02:46 AM
Problem bottle feeding one of the twins [email protected] Breastfeeding 24 September 30th 07 02:46 AM
Breast or bottle feeding vee Breastfeeding 0 June 12th 07 03:05 AM
Bottle feeding Di Gamaroff Pregnancy 5 August 13th 04 05:23 AM
bottle feeding nightmare!! Jinge Pregnancy 8 May 10th 04 08:18 PM