Kids drinking out of a garden hose

Old August 5th 03, 10:58 PM
Daye

Default Kids drinking out of a garden hose

On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 17:45:57 EDT, "just me"
wrote:

I have read reports that is because several brands of bottled water are not
out of the tap and, therefore, do not have added fluoride. Talk about mixed
blessings!

In the town where I grew up, pregnant women and young children were to
drink bottled water because the local water supply wasn't safe for
them. It had gyp in the water. As an ex-boyfriend once said, "You
can eat our water with a fork."

There are instances when bottled water is great, but I am beginning to
see that perhaps drinking it all the time can lead to problems too.

--
Daye
Momma to Jayan

Old August 6th 03, 12:22 PM
illecebra

On Tue, 05 Aug 2003 16:56:47 -0400, Daye wrote:

On Mon, 4 Aug 2003 21:39:47 EDT, "Jeff Utz"
wrote:

Bottled water is not all it is cracked up to be.

Just saw a news report of an increase in cavities in young children
because they were drinking bottled water.

Flouride toothpaste does just fine to prevent the problem. My family has
been drinking nothing but well water for hundreds of years. (Literally, I
grew up on the old family farmstead). The real cavity problems were back
before flouride toothpaste was widely used. Two bottled water companies
have purchased land near where my parents live to draw from their water
table.

I'd much rather have to get my flouride elsewhere than to have to drink
the chlorine and other gross stuff that's in city water.

Susan

Old August 6th 03, 05:24 PM
Beeswing

Default Bottled water (was Kids drinking out of a garden hose)

illecebra wrote:

I'd much rather have to get my flouride elsewhere than to have to drink
the chlorine and other gross stuff that's in city water.

The thread hasn't had anything to do with my original topic for a while. How
'bout we change the thread title?

Thanks.

beeswing

Old August 7th 03, 01:42 AM
MarjiG

In article , "illecebra"
writes:

Flouride toothpaste does just fine to prevent the problem. My family has
been drinking nothing but well water for hundreds of years. (Literally, I
grew up on the old family farmstead). The real cavity problems were back
before flouride toothpaste was widely used. Two bottled water companies
have purchased land near where my parents live to draw from their water
table.

Some well water has naturally occuring fluoride. Fluoride in drinking water
can make a difference even if fluoride toothpaste is used. (Of course things
like genetics, diet etc. also make a difference.)

-Marjorie

Old August 8th 03, 06:01 PM
Labra Thoren

Even with the fluoride in the tap water, Lillian still has fluoride tablets
at night (as well as normal toothpaste). We drink bottled water often, but
it is more for the "taste", we just like it better. )

--
As Always,
Anji

news

Fighting Over Kids Stepdad1963 General 8 May 5th 04 07:15 PM
WSJ: How to Give Your Child A Longer Life Jean B. General 0 December 9th 03 07:10 PM
Bright 2nd grader & school truancy / part-time home-school? Vicki General 215 November 1st 03 10:07 PM
FWD bad judgement or abuse Trunk kids begged to ride Kane General 2 August 5th 03 05:54 PM