When did you first feel the baby move?

Old August 5th 03, 04:39 PM
Mom2B

Default When did you first feel the baby move?

I'm 18 weeks pg with #1 and still have not felt the baby move. I'm looking
forward to feeling the baby kick and move around. When did you guys first
feel the baby move?

Anika
EDD 12th Jan 2004.

Old August 5th 03, 05:40 PM
Dagny

Don't worry. I felt the baby move really early, but a lot of people have
posted in the past about how that doesn't happen necessarily especially if
the baby's placenta is growing at the front of your uterus.

Old August 5th 03, 08:15 PM
Welches

Mom2B wrote in message
I'm 18 weeks pg with #1 and still have not felt the baby move. I'm looking
forward to feeling the baby kick and move around. When did you guys first
feel the baby move?

Anika
EDD 12th Jan 2004.

With #1 I don't think I felt her move until about week 26 to be certain. I
know I hadn't felt her move at the scan which was at week 23.
#2 I felt move at 15 weeks. I was really amazed as I wasn't expecting it.
I think #1 had her back to my front, so the kicks were less noticable. #2 is
more sideways but also seems to be practicing dancing!!
Debbie

Old August 5th 03, 09:56 PM
Daye

On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 16:39:07 +0100, "Mom2B" wrote:

I'm 18 weeks pg with #1 and still have not felt the baby move. I'm looking
forward to feeling the baby kick and move around. When did you guys first
feel the baby move?

Pregnant with #2 -- I felt movements at 11 weeks, but it wasn't
consistent. At 17 weeks, I am feeling the baby more consistently.
But I know what I should be feeling, which helps a lot.

With #1, it was more like 20 weeks or so, I think.

--
Daye
Momma to Jayan
Old August 6th 03, 09:33 AM
Tiina News

Mom2B wrote:

I'm 18 weeks pg with #1 and still have not felt the baby move. I'm looking
forward to feeling the baby kick and move around. When did you guys first
feel the baby move?

Anika
EDD 12th Jan 2004.

With #1, at 18 weeks.
With #2, some vague movement from 13 weeks and definite kicks at 16 weeks.

Tiina
SAHM to Emilia,4
EDD Sept.15

Old August 6th 03, 10:42 PM
Ellen B.

Not until close to 20 weeks... At one of the ultrasounds they said the
placenta is in the front of the uterus and this can make it harder to
feel the movements.
Old August 10th 03, 07:23 AM
Elly

"WD" ha scritto nel messaggio
Today was the first time the movement has
been able to be felt from the outside.

Congratulations, Wendy - isn't that feeling wonderful? Enjoy :-))

Responding to Anika - I have felt the baby (this is our first) move really
early, around week 13 - like butterflies moving inside the bump. The feeling
was so different from anything else, so I was 99% sure it was the baby - but
I was 100% sure the baby's moving around week 16, when I could feel it from
the outside. At the end of that week, DH and my Mom both said they felt it
from the outside too.
And at week 21+, I actually saw the first movement.

I would not worry in your case - my friend Alex was over 23 weeks when she
first felt the baby move - the ob/gyn said it's because her placenta is
anterior.
Some say it has to do with how thin you are (I'm not particularly thin - was
151.8 lbs pre-pregnancy).

Just relax, it will happen soon enough - and then the kicks will be
stronger, and sort of deeper :-))

Sending *baby kicking* vibes your way,
Elly
31 weeks + 6 days
EDD October 6th

Unconsolable infant dkc General 18 May 25th 04 11:02 PM
Very serious question about child "abuse" jojo General 63 April 20th 04 06:49 PM
Baby walkers banned in Canada Katie General 2 April 13th 04 04:19 PM
Coping w/o a highchair, w/hyper baby Nevermind General 18 December 16th 03 03:26 AM
Introducing your dog to your newborn. Hany Hosny General (moderated) 2 August 10th 03 11:02 PM