color of mucous plug

Old August 1st 06, 01:14 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
cheyjohn

Default color of mucous plug

My daughter has been trying (er, the baby has been trying) to come for
a couple of weeks now. They have her on Brethane until Wednesday.
Today she lost her mucous plug and it was yellowish. I am wondering if
this is ok? I had a meconium baby, so may be a bit overly concerned.
I just thought the mucous plug was clear of pinkish-clear. Thanks!

Chey

Old August 1st 06, 02:28 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jamie Clark

cheyjohn wrote:
My daughter has been trying (er, the baby has been trying) to come for
a couple of weeks now. They have her on Brethane until Wednesday.
Today she lost her mucous plug and it was yellowish. I am wondering
if this is ok? I had a meconium baby, so may be a bit overly
concerned. I just thought the mucous plug was clear of pinkish-clear.
Thanks!

Chey

Old blood goes brown, and a tiny bit of old blood could make the plug look
yellowish. I wouldn't worry. Unless her water is broken, you wouldn't see
meconium in the plug, I don't think.
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Check out the family! -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
Password: Guest Become a member for free - go to Add Member to set up
your own User ID and Password

Old August 1st 06, 04:09 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
cheyjohn

That's a thought about the old blood since she was bleeding and in
premature labor a couple of weeks ago.

BTW, when my plug came out with my first baby (the meconium one) it was
green. I just didn't know at the time it was a problem. Thanks for
responding.

Old August 1st 06, 11:50 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers

Old blood goes brown, and a tiny bit of old blood could make the plug
look
yellowish. I wouldn't worry. Unless her water is broken, you wouldn't
see
meconium in the plug, I don't think.

I suspect that the plug would have been green for different reasons, I'm not
sure what they would be, but I've definitely heard of people having green
muscous plugs, but then not going on to have babies who have passed
meconium. If you imagine the baby being in a balloon full of water, then
inside another thicker balloon which is not tied up, then the mucous plug is
the bit in the neck of the 2nd balloon, if the baby passes meconium it stays
in the water in the first balloon, does not mix with the plug of the 2nd
balloon.

Anne

Old August 1st 06, 03:04 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
cheyjohn

Wow, I didn't know that. Thanks for sharing. I did have a green plug
and then green water when the bag was broken. So now I am wondering if
you can have a normal plug that shows no signs of meconium but have a
meconium baby. Hmmm... We are getting of the subject here though. I
was just wondering if the yellow in my daughters plug could have
anything to do with meconium. Thanks.

Chey

Old August 1st 06, 03:29 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Ericka Kammerer

cheyjohn wrote:
Wow, I didn't know that. Thanks for sharing. I did have a green plug
and then green water when the bag was broken. So now I am wondering if
you can have a normal plug that shows no signs of meconium but have a
meconium baby.

You can.

Hmmm... We are getting of the subject here though. I
was just wondering if the yellow in my daughters plug could have
anything to do with meconium. Thanks.

Possible, but I think rather unlikely. Far more
women have yellowish plugs than have meconium.

Best wishes,
Ericka
Old August 1st 06, 08:37 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
cheyjohn

Thanks, that's what I was hoping to hear!

Chey

Possible, but I think rather unlikely. Far more
women have yellowish plugs than have meconium.

Best wishes,
Ericka

mucus plug question Yiddishkeit Pregnancy 0 May 4th 06 01:01 PM
just lost mucous plug - what could this mean? oregonchick Pregnancy 9 December 8th 05 09:51 PM
Mucus Plug? Cheryl Pregnancy 7 September 16th 05 03:56 PM
Hmmm:. losing mucus plug at 31.5 weeks Melania Pregnancy 5 March 24th 05 01:28 AM
Kind of graphic mucous question Kari Pregnancy 1 September 30th 03 02:50 PM