period

Old July 10th 03, 09:49 PM
K.B.

Default period

When can I expect a period? My son will be 3 months next week.
Kris

Old July 10th 03, 11:37 PM
Larry McMahan

K.B. writes:
: When can I expect a period? My son will be 3 months next week.
: Kris

Well, you can't. What I mean is that is is highly variable. My
wife and a good friend of hers had babies at about the same time.
My wife's period returned after 4 1/2 months. Her friend's period
returned after 20 months, and then only after using light therapy.

There is no reliable way to predict.

Larry
Old July 11th 03, 12:53 AM
Naomi Pardue

When can I expect a period? My son will be 3 months next week.

The 'average' (the mean) for the return of menstruation in women who are fully
breastfeeding (no bottles, feeding on demand, starting solids in the usual
amounts at the usual time of around 6 months) is about 9 months. But women are
highly variable. An occassional woman gets a period 2 months post partum and
is regular as clockwork from then on. Other women never menstruate as long as
they are nursing, even if they don't wean for several years, and their toddler
is only nursing once or twice a day by the end of it. So you really can't know.

Naomi
CAPPA Certified Lactation Educator

reply.)
Old July 11th 03, 01:52 AM
Sara

Larry McMahan wrote:

Her friend's period
returned after 20 months, and then only after using light therapy.

Light therapy? Really? Like, therapy involving lights?

--
Sara, curious

I check this e-mail account infrequently
Old July 11th 03, 02:50 AM
Marie

K.B. wrote in message ...
When can I expect a period? My son will be 3 months next week.

With my older daughter, it was 13 months post-partum (She was still nursing
at the time). This daughter is 9 months and no period yet (yay).
It is still possible to get pregnant, so be careful (not my business but
some say you can't if you haven't gotten your period yet and that's just not
true).
Marie

Old July 11th 03, 02:54 AM
Dawn Lawson

Sara wrote:

Larry McMahan wrote:

Her friend's period
returned after 20 months, and then only after using light therapy.

Light therapy? Really? Like, therapy involving lights?

If it's the same one I'm familiar with, the theory goes that since women
are on a moon cycle, and the light pollution and indoor living make it
hard to get natural phasing, if you simulate the phases of the moon by
having a few days of brightness (full moon) out of the month, and keep
the sleeping place in darkness the rest of the month, you will ovulate
on the light nights.

Is that the one you're refering to, Larry?

Old July 11th 03, 04:51 AM
Brandy Kurtz

"K.B." wrote in message arthlink.net...
When can I expect a period? My son will be 3 months next week.
Kris

Everybody is different when it comes to this. Abby just turned one,
and I still haven't had a period. Ahhhh...Heaven!

Brandy
Old July 11th 03, 03:50 PM
Sara

Dawn Lawson wrote:

Sara wrote:

Larry McMahan wrote:

Her friend's period
returned after 20 months, and then only after using light therapy.

Light therapy? Really? Like, therapy involving lights?

If it's the same one I'm familiar with, the theory goes that since women
are on a moon cycle...

I'm not. Never was. Are (were) you?

--
Sara, still curious

I check this e-mail account infrequently