1st Newborn Doc Appointment

Old April 11th 04, 06:29 AM
Nikki

Default 1st Newborn Doc Appointment

Carol Ann wrote:
The first time I used baby clippers on DS, I couldn't see very well
and ended up with a chunk of his thumb. :-( Ever since, I've only
used nail scissors and have had better luck. Much easier to
control.

Really!? My aunt told me the same thing. I nearly had a stroke I
was so scared with those scissors, lol. I used a clipper from day
one and never had a problem.

I cut Hunter's ear fairly bad with a pair of scissors when I was
giving him is first hair trim. Last time to. I never cut it again.

Oh my God! This thread is getting funny. Hazards of trimming.

Particlarly pathetic in my case as Hunter was at least 18 months old if not
a little older!

I am
trying to be as careful as I can when I trim Morgan's nails. I doubt
I'll get them very short. Perhaps gloves are in her future?

It gets easier. For one thing those newborn nails are so soft they don't
clip well at all IMO. Once they get a little stiffer they clip off easier
:-)

--
Nikki
Mama to Hunter (4) and Luke (2)

Old April 12th 04, 08:02 PM
H Schinske

Nina wrote:

Experts say that darker skin makes children more susceptible to rickets.
This is because darker tones tend to protect the skin from a certain amount
of ultraviolet rays, causing an almost natural deficiency in vitamin D.

True enough, though the only person I've ever actually met who had had rickets
was of Irish descent and quite fair-skinned. I suspect some kind of dietary
deficiency (I *think* she was raised on canned-milk formula until the rickets
diagnosis -- not sure if canned milk had vitamin D added to it in those days).

--Helen
Old April 12th 04, 08:09 PM
H Schinske

"Carol Ann" wrote
At one point during my hospital stay, however, I did require sleeping

pills
and having the baby sent to the Nursery. I was at my wits end. I was
crying hysterically. It was a very bad time for me and Morgan wouldn't

take
my breast. It was very painful for me to accept. Then, they explained if

am so stressed out, my milk won't come in AND Morgan won't breastfeed.

Oh, honestly. I think they fed you a line there. Sure, you needed to find a way
to relieve your stress, but for YOU, not because anything would affect the
milk. At that point the milk coming in is totally hormone-driven, it would have
happened if you were in a coma or raving mad or whatever.

In point of fact, the day the milk comes in is often one of the *most*
emotional days, so if anything there's often *more* stress going on at that
time! I remember it both times as being a day when I went from laughing to
crying over and over. It wasn't, overall, a *bad* day by any means, but it was
definitely up and down.

--Helen

30 week appointment Mary S. Pregnancy 7 July 28th 04 02:23 AM
35 Week midwife appointment yesterday... Jill Pregnancy 6 April 14th 04 11:36 AM
1st Newborn Doc Appointment Carol Ann Pregnancy 9 April 11th 04 03:41 AM
Don't feel like going to Dr appointment. Ugh. Jill Pregnancy 15 March 23rd 04 10:28 PM
28 Week appointment (in week 29 actually!) Jill Pregnancy 18 March 5th 04 09:18 PM