Hey to all the new folks here

Old November 22nd 03, 06:57 PM
Andrew

Default Hey to all the new folks here

'Kate wrote in message ...
Glad to see that we haven't scared ya off... yet. We're an odd mix but
the common thread - raising our children as single parents, keeps us
together. Welcome.

'Kate

Oh Kate, I'm so glad to see a friendly face. (insert whatever the smiley for
tears is here)
They were all really mean and horrible to me here.
First someone told me to FOAD and called me a 'top poster' and then another
boy and another girl all laughed at me
and then there was another boy called Steve who came here and wanted to play
and when
he said hello they all told him go away as well and then, and then...
..
..
..
..
..
..

;-)

Andrew
(yeah, not scared off yet, bring on your worst... LOL)

PS, had a very quick look at the yachting posts and I'm still not 100% on
why steve got such an extreme reaction but I guess I'll wait and watch for a
while, there is probably some history I don't know about or I did not read
all the relevant bits.

Old November 22nd 03, 09:16 PM
Joelle

and then there was another boy called Steve who came here and wanted to play

Steve only wants to play if he can make up the rules.

Joelle
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page - St
Augustine
Joelle
Old November 23rd 03, 02:34 AM
kat

"Andrew" wrote in message

'Kate wrote in message

Glad to see that we haven't scared ya off... yet. We're an odd mix but
the common thread - raising our children as single parents, keeps us
together. Welcome.

'Kate

Oh Kate, I'm so glad to see a friendly face. (insert whatever the smiley

for
tears is here)

:') or =') are both smiley tears of joy, I guess.

They were all really mean and horrible to me here.
First someone told me to FOAD and called me a 'top poster'

First, I thought that was me. Top posting = bad, and I remember making a
comment about it more to point out the obvious than to actually be rude, but
I never told anyone to **** off and die, as far as I can remember. So,
under these grounds, I don't believe this was me. Maybe it was, uh... That
*other* crazy lady... What's her name again??

and then another
boy and another girl all laughed at me

Aww... Do you need a hug?

and then there was another boy called Steve who came here and wanted to

play
and when
he said hello they all told him go away as well and then, and then...

Hm... Which Steve is this????? I can only remember one Steve, I think...

.
.
.
.
.
.

;-)

Andrew
(yeah, not scared off yet, bring on your worst... LOL)

Oh, no no no no! Don't ever say such things...
If you want to be scared off, say something like you want to move to Iowa
because you don't like the heat in Texas or something... ****, I can't
remember exactly...

PS, had a very quick look at the yachting posts and I'm still not 100% on
why steve got such an extreme reaction but I guess I'll wait and watch for

while, there is probably some history I don't know about or I did not read
all the relevant bits.

You and I both... You have just pushed me one step closer to insanity on
this... WHICH STEVE??????????? (Directed at anyone who does know...)

Old November 23rd 03, 04:14 AM
CME

"kat" wrote in message

"Andrew" wrote in message

'Kate wrote in message

[...]

Steveb. There is definitely some history there, and I'm not going to dredge
up the past, but basically, he thinks it's his mission in life to make this
group a peachy keen lil welcoming party and tsk tsk to reality. I have
issues with him because I don't like being told what to do, nor do I think
support entails a pat on the back. Up to speed? lol

Christine

Old November 23rd 03, 04:27 AM
kat

"Andrew" wrote in message

'Kate wrote in message

[...]

Oh... Hm... I thought that was the Steve... Only one I could think of...
But anyways, I won't even ask... lol

Old November 23rd 03, 04:37 AM
CME

"Andrew" wrote in message

'Kate wrote in message
[...]

It IS Steve... *sigh* NM. There is only one Steve and he seems to only post
to berate us to quit berating others.

Christine

Old November 23rd 03, 10:46 AM
kat

"Andrew" wrote in message

'Kate wrote in message
[...]

Hm... Is Steve the one with the two boys? Lives in a far away land that I
can't remember off hand?
He hasn't been around much, or maybe I haven't been...

Old December 6th 03, 11:17 PM
Paul Griffiths

'Kate wrote in message ...

Glad to see that we haven't scared ya off... yet.

As if.

We're an odd mix but the common thread - raising our children
as single parents, keeps us together.

Some odder than others, present company included. :-)

Welcome.

Indeed and a very warm one from me too.

--
Paul Griffiths

Old December 6th 03, 11:20 PM
Paul Griffiths

"Andrew" wrote in message

Andrew
(yeah, not scared off yet, bring on your worst... LOL)

Hiya. ;-)

PS, had a very quick look at the yachting posts and I'm still not 100% on
why steve got such an extreme reaction but I guess I'll wait and watch for

while, there is probably some history I don't know about or I did not read
all the relevant bits.

With Steve there's *lots* of history.

I think he's basically a nice guy but he does have a knack of getting
people's backs up. Even mine, on occasion, and that takes quite a bit of
doing.

--
Paul Griffiths