Worried

Old January 1st 04, 06:23 PM
Kender

Default Worried

HAPPY NEW YEAR! (Just had to get that out.)

Yesterday I signed the girls up for one of those day camps at the rec
center. They play games, go swimming etc. Well, Megan woke up not feeling
good (turned out to be Scarlet Fever, sigh) and Morgan went alone. It was
snowing here, which pretty much shuts everything down so there were only
about 6 kids at the camp. No one Morgan's age.

Needless to say I worried about her being alone all day. It's strange
because I kept telling myself parents with singletons probably wouldn't give
it a second thought because this is something their kids face a lot. With
twins there is always built in partner and it rarely happens to us. I rarely
worry about Evan at one of those camps.

Turned out she had a great time even though she spent the day by herself, no
need to worry on my part.
--
Erin
Morgan and Megan 2/15/97

Old January 1st 04, 06:48 PM
Megan

My guys are rarely seperated, but they are young yet. If my Mom happens
to take one or DH just takes one, I don't really worry, but sometimes I
feel bad that the other one is left behind. I do think it's good for
them to have "alone" time with DH and I or g-ma. I bet Morgan had a
great time without her sister!

BTW, what are the symptoms of scarlet fever?

~Megan~
Aidan Matthew & Alexis Valerie
Born September 28, 2002

www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/aidannalexis

Old January 1st 04, 08:47 PM
Kender

I don't worry when they are alone with a family member, this was a new
situation for us. We have date night here where we try to take the girls out
individually once and awhile.

Scarlet fever is only strep throat with a rash. It sounds worse then it is.
The rash doesn't itch or anything but it can peel off in a few days. She's
outside playing in the snow right now and she's barely been on Penicillin 20
hours!
--
Erin
Morgan and Megan 2/15/97

Old January 3rd 04, 01:56 AM
GandSBrock

Happy new years to you too!!

I bet both girls enjoyed a little alone time, but loved being back together.

I didn't know people still got scarlet fever. That's not good. :-( My
grandma had scarlet fever which led to rheumatic fever which damaged her heart.
But, the damage didn't really affect her until really late in life, and she
lived to be 89, just shy of 90. I just looked it up, if left *untreated* the
strep causes the rheumatic fever which damages the heart. I really wasn't
trying to scare you. I was just curious about scarlet fever being around
still. You (*I*) never hear it mentioned these days...

Just ignore me - I'm just trying not to think about the popcorn smells floating
through the house.... I'm doing that Dr. Phil Booty camp.

*drool*

Stephanie
Jake and Ryan 9/3/99

Old January 3rd 04, 12:55 PM
Kender

Default OT: Eating or lack thereof

No worries with the fever. She's feeling great and playing in the snow!

My MIL is joining you with Dr. Phil. I am trying South Beach diet. Today is
day 7, and I've lost 4 pounds. Has it been too long since the girls were
born to still call it 'baby' fat? : )
--
Erin
Morgan and Megan 2/15/97