5 month roll call

Old November 8th 03, 12:45 PM
teapot

Default 5 month roll call

How is everyone?

Hoola Moo Boy is just over 7 kilos and still exclusivly breast fed.
Apart from MKB friends (can I call you friends? I think of you as
such) I am the only person I know not putting their baby on solids at
4 months. Moo is great, really resiliant. Me and my bloke have just
had a stomach bug - 36 hours of being really ill and Moo was fine
after 6 hours.

I think the night time waking was more due to scabies itching than wet
nappies but now we have coated ourselves in chemicals we are all much
better. I have also got some heavier duty cloth nappies for nights
that seem to help
(totsbots and popolini).

Moo rolled from his from to back yesterday, I had my back to him,
washing potatos in the sink and looked over to see him lying on his
back looking surprised - I was so proud, but he doesnt seem keen to
repeat the performance. He will sit if extremely propped up, if anyone
has seen Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy he looks like Hotblack
Desialto at the Retaurant at The End of the Universe.

Routines - ha, well we have been so ill lately that all schedules are
buggered anyway but normally he goes to bed at around 7, I nurse him
to sleep 'cos it's easiest. We have no routine for daytime naps.

I am really enjoying breastfeeding now, he obviously loves it, gives
contented little grunts when nursing and is thriving on my milk.

teapot and hoola moo 5 months old today
Old November 8th 03, 01:40 PM
Rob and Laura

Well glad to hear things are goin great. I did not put izabella on cereal
until shortly after her 5 month mark, and only did it because she was
wanting foods.

Breastfeeding is great eh! I never thought I would make it to the 9 month
mark but things are going great. I am going to sure miss it when she self
weans herself!!

--
Laura, TTC #2 and
Mommy to Izabella **Feb 10th, 2003**

om...

Old November 8th 03, 06:46 PM
Irrational Number

Pillbug will be 5 months in 3 days... He was 19 pounds
and 27 inches at his 4-month WBV. He cannot roll over
yet, will sit up if propped. He really _wants_ to sit up.
I have not put him on solids (fighting everyone in the previous
generation over this) and don't intend to until 6 months.
We've basically stopped giving him vitamin/fluoride/iron
supplements because the American Assoc. of Pediatrics
says babies don't need it 'til 6 months.

Sleeping is still not happening. Pillbug's long sleep is
now 3 hours, so I'm extremely sleep-deprived. However, he
is gurgling, cooing, making high-pitched noises, blows
bubbles. His eyes follow me around the room and he is happy
to see me when I come home from work. We co-sleep a lot,
especially as the weather gets colder. I got a wisdom tooth
pulled yesterday, so I kept him in his crib so that I could
get better sleep (he thrashes around a lot). He also loves
when I sing to him.

Breastfeeding is going very well, however, his intake is
going up so much that I'm desperately "chasing" him with
my pumping at work. Last Wednesday was the first day ever
that I was "negative", taking out a bag from the freezer
without replacing (I replace a lot to keep the stash under
two months old).

All in all, life is beautiful and wonderful, sleep deprivation
and all!

-- Anita --
--
SUCCESS FOUR FLIGHTS THURSDAY MORNING ALL AGAINST
TWENTY ONE MILE WIND STARTED FROM LEVEL WITH ENGINE

Old November 8th 03, 07:08 PM
Phoebe & Allyson

teapot wrote:

How is everyone?

I'm sleepy. Caterpillar is bright-eyed and bushy-tailed.

Hoola Moo Boy is just over 7 kilos and still exclusivly breast fed.
Apart from MKB friends (can I call you friends? I think of you as
such) I am the only person I know not putting their baby on solids at
4 months.

Sure we're friends. Caterpillar was 16 pounds (7.25 kg)
yesterday, and we aren't on solids yet, either. I live in
fear that she's going to snatch something out of our hands
and cram it in her mouth any day now, though. Not so much
because she wants food, but because she snatches things and
crams them in her mouth.

Moo rolled from his from to back yesterday, I had my back to him,
washing potatos in the sink and looked over to see him lying on his
back looking surprised - I was so proud, but he doesnt seem keen to
repeat the performance.

Caterpillar took a week or two from rolling the first time
to rolling reliably, and slept poorly in the interim. She's
just now figured out that she can roll multiple times to get
where she wants to be, but thank goodness only does it in
one direction.

He will sit if extremely propped up, if anyone
has seen Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy he looks like Hotblack
Desialto at the Retaurant at The End of the Universe.

He was the guy who was spending a year dead for tax
purposes, right?

teapot and hoola moo 5 months old today

Happy birthday, Moo Boy!

Phoebe
--
yahoo address is unread - substitute mailbolt

Old November 8th 03, 10:39 PM
Anne Rogers

we hit 5 months last week, still a little bit skinny, 5.8kg, just under 13
pounds yesterday, you mkb people are also the only ones I know who I
haven't started solids, I nearly caused marital strife when a friend
mentioned solids to me and I explained we hadn't started and that the
recommedation was to wait for 6 months, his wife was there too and his
asked her if she knew this, she had to admit that she did, they also have
a 5 month old, who has been on solids for a month.

Old November 9th 03, 05:18 AM
teapot

Phoebe & Allyson wrote in message ...
snip
I live in
fear that she's going to snatch something out of our hands
and cram it in her mouth any day now, though. Not so much
because she wants food, but because she snatches things and
crams them in her mouth.

I forgot to say that Moo grabbed a cabbage leaf at the market last
week and sucked the life out of it, that was fine, but he did get
through half a sheet of A4 paper yesterday which is a bit more
worrying, he's not hungry, just likes stuffing things in his mouth.
Hope they are not destined to be smokers!

He will sit if extremely propped up, if anyone
has seen Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy he looks like Hotblack
Desialto at the Retaurant at The End of the Universe.

He was the guy who was spending a year dead for tax
purposes, right?

thats the one, big tummy, and big quiff!

teapot
Old November 9th 03, 05:54 AM
Phoebe & Allyson

teapot wrote:

he did get
through half a sheet of A4 paper yesterday which is a bit more
worrying,

Ah, just call me Bad Mommy. I give Caterpillar the sections
of the newspaper I'm not reading, so she won't chew mine. I
do know that the local paper uses soy-based ink, and she
isn't ink-smeared after, at least.

Phoebe
--
yahoo address is unread - substitute mailbolt

Old November 9th 03, 10:13 AM
KC

Jessi is at 5 and 3/4 months now. She did start solids at 4 months,
and we have no regrets. In fact, I am now giving her bits of finger
food instead of just the totally mashed up stuff.

She was 90th percentile for height and head and 75th percentile for
weight at the last checkup. I think she's leaner now. She has ben so
active the last several months.

Right now she is on the verge of both butt-scooting and crawling. She
has actually done both just a tiny bit, but hasn't got it down to a
science yet. She just started pulling herself up to standing in the
last few weeks (under ideal circumstances) and she just cruised for
the first time today. She can only do all this on my older dd's kid
furniture which is shorter than adult furniture. Jessi cannot cruise
on adult furniture because it is too tall for her. She also walks if
you are holding her hands. She first started that in her desire to
chase the cat :-)

She is early in her stranger anxiety. My first born was too. It's
such a bummer. I was hoping she wouldn't get it so early as my first
did.

She seems to be saying "Hi Daddy" and "Hi Caitlin" to the appropriate
people, but Mama is left out. Probably is just parroting what Mama
says; has been quite the parrot for some time.

She irritatingly gets very distracted during bf, so my 3 year old has
learned that she must go away and be quiet during bf. We have to lay
down on my bed in quiet to feed. We are homebodies, so that mostly
works for us, but when we did go out for several long days she
eventually did feed in the cradle hold again in the quiet of the car.

She has just started to be able to fall asleep without my nipple in
her mouth. She sometimes now unlatches and then goes to sleep rather
than falling asleep while latched. Such a big girl. I don't really
know how much or if at all she feeds when I am asleep. It is very
automatic for us at this point, but my right breast is definitely the
favored breast now because she can reach it while I'm asleep without
my help.

I had so much fun from 6 months to 3.5 years with my oldest dd, so it
is pretty great to be here!

KC -
buy or rent Whittlestone Breast Expressers at:
http://www.alittlestore.com

Old November 9th 03, 10:26 AM
teapot

teapot wrote:

he did get
through half a sheet of A4 paper yesterday which is a bit more
worrying,

Ah, just call me Bad Mommy. I give Caterpillar the sections
of the newspaper I'm not reading, so she won't chew mine. I
do know that the local paper uses soy-based ink, and she
isn't ink-smeared after, at least.

Ahh, they are so advanced, reading at that age :-)

teapot
Old November 9th 03, 08:23 PM
Andrea

"teapot" wrote in message ...

[...]

Aw sounds like you and moo are doing great!

Kami is 20 lbs, and is now just b'fed. He has chicken pox right now, and has
been crying for 2 days and nights. He is completely covered with the spots,
and has spent the entire time at my breast. I am so glad to be breastfeeding
him while he is ill.
He can pull himself up to sit, and he can roll over & has 2 teeth so far.

I am not so great, I had 9 positive HPT's, and since Saturday new tests are
all negative. I haven't had any bleeding, but am still cramping. I have the
docs 2morrow.

--
Andrea mom of 5 - latest addition Kamron David 5 months 20lbs