I'm officially "retiring"

Old November 19th 03, 08:40 PM
Em

Default I'm officially "retiring"

Well, Lann is going to be 2 months old on Friday (I can't believe it!) and
I've decided it is time for me to "retire" into lurkerdom. I still really
enjoy reading this group, but I can't quite manage to keep up with it
lately. Lann keeps me quite busy and what energy remains I'm focusing on my
business efforts (I published a short book two weeks before he was born and
have various other business projects going on as well). I'm also planning to
pick up one shift at my volunteer job again soon. I've done one shift this
month and have another tomorrow evening. That will be Lann's first night
home alone with Daddy!

Anyway, so I plan to keep lurking around in the shadows :-) I'm also going
to do a final "sweep" of the group sometime today to make some final
before and during my pregnancy and continue to value it post-pregnancy as
well, but cannot participate in it like I'd like to--in fact, trying to keep
up with all the posts has been making me oddly feel a bit stressed, hence,
why I decide to "release" myself into being a lurker :-)

Thanks for being such a great group of women (and a few men too)!

--
Em
mama to Lann, almost two months old!

Old November 19th 03, 09:12 PM
Daye

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 20:40:12 GMT, "Em"
wrote:

Well, Lann is going to be 2 months old on Friday (I can't believe it!) and
I've decided it is time for me to "retire" into lurkerdom.

Good luck, Em!!

--
Daye
Momma to Jayan
Old November 19th 03, 10:34 PM
Kat

Good luck with everything! and Good luck with your outing without Lann!
Kat
Mama to Maggie 11/03/01
and #2 EDD 02/01/04

Old November 20th 03, 11:21 AM
Elly

Good luck, Em - I do hope I'll still see you post at MKB?

Elly
Mom to Erin - 5w1d old today!

Old November 20th 03, 03:46 PM
Ilse Witch

Em wrote:

Thanks for being such a great group of women (and a few men too)!

Bye Em! It was great having you here. I wish you all the best with
Lann and your family. And do pop in once you decide you're ready
for a second try

--
-- I
mommy to DS (16m)

Old November 20th 03, 05:23 PM
Fer

Em wrote:
|| Well, Lann is going to be 2 months old on Friday (I can't believe
|| it!) and I've decided it is time for me to "retire" into lurkerdom.
snip

*hands Em a basket overflowing with spa treatments, chocolate, sleep in late
coupons, nice bottle of wine and lots a hugs*

Oh Em! We'll miss you! But that is totally understandable :-) Take care of
yourself and little Lann and good luck in your business endevores!! I am
sure they will all be A+++++++ g

If I am not to late, what was your book about?

Will be thinking of you!

Jenn
-WAHM
-DS Feb'02
-DD Feb'97
-Jellybean due June 25/04

Old November 20th 03, 08:44 PM
Em

"Fer" wrote in message
Em wrote:
|| Well, Lann is going to be 2 months old on Friday (I can't believe
|| it!) and I've decided it is time for me to "retire" into lurkerdom.
snip

*hands Em a basket overflowing with spa treatments, chocolate, sleep in

late
coupons, nice bottle of wine and lots a hugs*

Thanks so much! (((hugs back)))

Oh Em! We'll miss you! But that is totally understandable :-) Take care

of
yourself and little Lann and good luck in your business endevores!! I am
sure they will all be A+++++++ g

:-D I hope so!

If I am not to late, what was your book about?

The one that is published already is about volunteerism. I have two more
that will be published this winter--one about working with families of
terminally ill children and one about working with battered women.

Will be thinking of you!

Thanks! I'll still be in and out, but "regular" no more....

--
Em
mama to Lann, two months old

Old November 20th 03, 08:46 PM
Em

"Elly" wrote in message
Good luck, Em - I do hope I'll still see you post at MKB?

I don't think I will manage to be more than a lurker there either :-(

I've certainly enjoyed your company over the past year, Elly!

--
Em
mama to Lann, two months old

Old November 21st 03, 07:18 AM
Elly

"Em" ha scritto nel messaggio
"Elly" wrote in message
Good luck, Em - I do hope I'll still see you post at MKB?

I don't think I will manage to be more than a lurker there either :-(

I've certainly enjoyed your company over the past year, Elly!

Well then, at least keep in touch every once in a while (rltomic at hotmail
dot com) :-)

You'll be missed,

Elly
Mom to Erin - 5w2d old today!

Old November 21st 03, 08:41 AM
Tiina Kartovaara

Default I'm officially "retiring" (+ Tiina's update)

Em wrote:
[...]

Em, I've only been lurking myself lately, but I just wanted to wish you
good luck and tell you how much I enjoyed sharing my pregnancy with you
(so to speak) and trading both neuroses and other, nicer stuff!

It's great that you're feeling up to both being a mom and doing other
things, like writing and volunteering. I myself am amazed about how much
more energetic I feel than after Emilia's birth. (Thank you, Zoloft!)
I'm volunteering at the local family cafe on Thursdays, have agreed to
be on the board of the child advocacy organization that sponsors the
cafe, am back to doing 75-minute runs..

Oh, and we had a "naming" party (not a christening, since we're not
religious) last Sunday, with over 30 guests. It was very informal and
fun, and we had a ceremony adapted from a Hopi Indian custom. They make
a path of cornmeal leading to the door, carry the child to the door with
its head covered, then uncover the head and show the child to the rising
sun to introduce it to the world. In our Finnish version, we used rye
flour, and big sis carried the baby instead of the customary
grandmother, and announced Joel's name after uncovering him and showing
him to everybody. Two of my three sisters were there, as well as my
oldest friend, whom I've known since we were two and three years old. It
was wonderful to celebrate this with friends and family.

Like Cheryl, I really enjoy havng two kids.Sometimes I can't believe we
finally did it, and I don't have that nagging discontent any longer! I'm
sorry the waiting was so hard on us, but now.. of course it had to be
*this* baby, and this is the perfect interval! :-)

At almost 11 weeks, Joel is a 16-pound monster. The cutest little
monster you can imagine.. I read somewhere that the average full-term
baby doubles its birth weight around 6 months. He did it at 10 weeks. Gulp!

It sounds like you're doing great, and I wish you the best of luck both
with Lann and your other ventures. I'm sure you'll have reason to
de-lurk at some point, and while we *certainly* won't actively be trying
to have more kids, we've decided to leave the matter to fate and
biology. So, who knows.. ;-)

Thanks, Em, for everything!

Tiina
SAHM to Emilia,4