child support

Old May 22nd 07, 04:02 PM posted to alt.child-support
lovingmom

Default child support

My license is suspended because of child support,to get my liscense do you
usually have to pay up on all dues? My daughter is choosing to live with me
also does anyone know if its possible for the courts to forgive the
arrearages if her dad doesnt pay child support I guess to say balance it off.

Old May 22nd 07, 04:26 PM posted to alt.child-support
John Meyer[_2_]

lovingmom wrote:
My license is suspended because of child support,to get my liscense do you
usually have to pay up on all dues? My daughter is choosing to live with me
also does anyone know if its possible for the courts to forgive the
arrearages if her dad doesnt pay child support I guess to say balance it off.

Depends on the state.
In my own, they will reinstate the license after three consecutive
months of payment. Other states might not be so choosy.
And in regards to the daughter, if you don't have a court order
acknowledging the modification of custody in the child support it won't
really matter. They'll keep tacking on the same child support. Hell,
they've known that the custodial parent HAS DIED and the non custodial
parent is now custodial and still piled on arrears.

Old May 22nd 07, 05:21 PM posted to alt.child-support
DB

"lovingmom" u34419@uwe wrote in message news:728fc74e11f13@uwe...
My license is suspended because of child support,to get my liscense do you
usually have to pay up on all dues? My daughter is choosing to live with
me
also does anyone know if its possible for the courts to forgive the
arrearages if her dad doesnt pay child support I guess to say balance it
off.

The Bradley amendment forbids the courts to remove any arrearage!

SO you will pay arrearage and he will pay arrearage too.
You can thank the gals for all their hard work in the legislator for
inventing this insane system.

Old May 22nd 07, 05:24 PM posted to alt.child-support
John Meyer[_2_]

Insanity?

Seriously, I'm in Colorado.