Child Support, Dependants and Taxes

Old May 23rd 07, 02:47 PM posted to alt.child-support
whatamess

Default Child Support, Dependants and Taxes

On May 23, 9:26 am, "Roger_N" wrote:
I pay child support for 3 daughters and in the beginning it was never stated
who claims who as dependants on the divorce papers. Last time she took me
to court to raise CS, I mentioned to the judge that I would like to be able
to claim one or two of them as dependants on my taxes. She threw a fit and
said she'd let me claim one of them, and she did for a couple of years.
Last year she changed her mind. The bottom line is that I pay 32% of my
income for child support and I don't get to claime that I pay a single
penny. She claims that she supports a 3 daughters and doesn't have to claim
that she gets a single penny in CS.

Why don't they just have it where the NCP deducts the CS, the CP claims CS
as income, and the CP claims the children as dependants? They should call
it the DUH bill! NCP deducts child support from his income because the CS
is deducted from his income, DUH. CP claims the CS as income because she
recieves it as income, DUH. CP Claims the children because she/he is the
CP, DUH. What is right seems so obvious but for some reason they don't do
it that way.

Well, I believe the "theory" is that the money you are sending as CS
is money you WOULD'VE
spent on raising your kids anyway (we all know that's outrageous, but
that's what they think)...
In addition to supporting your wife (now ex-wife, as she hides behind
the child to ensure that you
support her sorry butt too)...Then technically, if you were still
married, you would've paid the
taxes on that money already...and then spent the money on
them...therefore, why should
it be any different now that you are divorced? Yes, I know, YOU ARE
DIVORCED...this is
NOT the same amount of money you would've spent on them...etc...but
the idiots CPs cry
to society and judges and the morons believe them, therefore, that's
part of the story
why she gets to live off you and you get to struggle to make ends
meet...

All I have to say is be THANKFUL you have 3 daughters who can one day
screw some poor
soul out of his money, instead of a son whom no DOUBT some idiot woman
will screw
him out of his money...