News

Old December 4th 04, 09:31 PM
Cele

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 07:44:03 -0500, "Tiffany"
wrote:

"Cele" wrote in message

New York in Christmas...... I wish you good weather. Some snow though as it
will cover the grim of NY. Actually the man I am getting to know
suggested a day trip to NYC between Christmas and New Year as that might be
the next time we can spend any substantial amount of time together. I will
let you know, maybe we can all meet up for a tea.

Sounds great!I'll be able to check my email, as I'm taking the laptop
with me. If you do come, email me at cltemple at shaw dot ca and give
me a number to call so we can organise ourselves. I don't know what
hotel we're in yet, so I can't give you a number for us, I'm afraid.

Take care.

Cele
Old December 6th 04, 06:48 PM
P.Fritz

"Tiffany" wrote in message

"Cele" wrote in message
On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 10:49:32 -0500, "Tiffany"
wrote:

Most the regulars now about the situation with my daughter, her father,
the
baby and the babies momma.

I recently found out that the baby was born addicted to narcotics and had
be put on med's to ease the withdrawal. I am not sure of what narcotics
the
mother was taking, but the Grandmother said she thinks the baby was put
on
methadone. The next few years will tell if any damage was done to this
innocent child and even though I am not real fond of the whole situation,
we
pray for the health of the baby.

For sure. I have seen a lot of kids who were prenatally exposed to
various drugs, in my line of work, and it's certainly a hard go for
them and for their families. Often the child has the double whammy, of
neurological deficits due to the physical damage done, and a parent
who is battling both guilt and the various other aspects of fallout
from both the addiction and the problems that tend to have existed
prior to the addiction. There can even be the *third* blow, of
unfortunate genetic predisposition to substance abuse.

But on the other hand, I only see the kids who need me. The kids who
do well and show no permanent deficits, are not kids I hear about
much. Nobody tends to notice their histories. So she might do just
fine.

The mother is still in rehab. She originally went in for a 28 day program
but that is long over. Good thing she is getting help. I have found it
hard
to be compassionate towards her at this point. I don't share this with my
daughter, she doesn't even know the extent of the drug use. Sometimes
kids
just don't need to know details.

True, and as I recall, your daughter's pretty young yet. Later, if the
baby has disabilities, you may need to help her to understand, but
luckily that probably won't surface for a few years yet. A lot of them
don't become obvious 'til they're in school.

I sure hope that the baby is fine. I know that S got a lot of smarts from
her father (he was a math wiz and so is she.... didn't get that from me!)
so I only hope some of that gets passed to the little boy too.

There is a lesson in this, I am sure. It has yet to come to light for me.
It
might simply be to show compassion. But I still feel anger towards her
father. That he was able to live his life anyway he choose with no regard
his child while I worked my ass off, while I stopped partying and running
around. Then I see that even this women he shared his life with, the
women
who made such a point to talk with S and tell her she knows what she is
feeling, that she was full of **** too.

I can't say I blame you. But consider this: you did the right thing,
he didn't. You're alive. You're raising a lovely child. He's dead.
He'll never see his kids. Sometimes the world *does* give a bit of
justice in our own lifetimes.

As for this woman, she might have been sincere. A person can be
addicted and still sincere. Most people don't get up in the morning
with the life plan to become addicts. **** happens, and some folks get
more than others, and some folks cope better than others. Be careful
not to fall into black and white thinking, for your daughter's sake.
Likely this woman, who has without question made huge mistakes, is
still not all bad. It won't foster your daughter's relationship with
her half sib to paint the mother that way, even though I sure can
understand why you'd be feeling about it the way you are.

I keep most my comments about the mother to myself. I am able to vent with
her Grandmother, she knows how I feel and feels the same to a degree. I
know that the consensise remains that drug addiction is a disease but I
honestly have BIG issues with that. I worry that it makes it much to easy
to use then become addicted and put the blame on genetics. "Oh well, I am
addicted to drugs but its a disease my father gave me." I still think that
is bull ****. It is one of many ways to deal with life's hardships. But
again, that is my thinking.

Sometimes we use this NG as a place to vent. Thanks NG for listening.

Heh. I never mind reading a good vent. Seems like a basic human need
once inawhile, to me.

On a good note, me and the man I have been getting to know still continue
spending moments together. My daughter is getting such a kick out of it,
making jokes at me, blowing kisses when we talk on the phone. Her
friend's
have even joined in on the fun of making fun of me. I had my daughter and
her best friend and we stopped at a local restaurant out of the blue and
HE
was there. Well, they just loved that. It was neat in that his one
daughter
was with him so we got to meet in a non-planned environment. Plus he said
they were just talking about me and she said she like to meet me
sometime.
That meeting was just destined to happen.

Hey, that's great! I'm delighted for you.

Me, I'm counting the days until New York.....

Good day to all!

And to you.

Cele

New York in Christmas...... I wish you good weather. Some snow though as
it will cover the grim of NY. Actually the man I am getting to know
suggested a day trip to NYC between Christmas and New Year as that might
be the next time we can spend any substantial amount of time together. I
will let you know, maybe we can all meet up for a tea.

Tiff

NYC in the winter is much better than a August day when the humidity is 90%
and you cannot even see the Statue of Liberty from Battery Park :-)

Old December 6th 04, 07:11 PM
P.Fritz

"CME" wrote in message

"Tiffany" wrote in message

"P.Fritz" wrote in message

"CME" wrote in message
newsXprd.223079$df2.207347@edtnps89...

"Tiffany" wrote in message
Most the regulars now about the situation with my daughter, her
father, the baby and the babies momma.

I recently found out that the baby was born addicted to narcotics and
had to be put on med's to ease the withdrawal. I am not sure of what
narcotics the mother was taking, but the Grandmother said she thinks
the baby was put on methadone. The next few years will tell if any
damage was done to this innocent child and even though I am not real
fond of the whole situation, we pray for the health of the baby.

The mother is still in rehab. She originally went in for a 28 day
program but that is long over. Good thing she is getting help. I have
found it hard to be compassionate towards her at this point. I don't
share this with my daughter, she doesn't even know the extent of the
drug use. Sometimes kids just don't need to know details.

There is a lesson in this, I am sure. It has yet to come to light for
me. It might simply be to show compassion. But I still feel anger
towards her father. That he was able to live his life anyway he choose
with no regard to his child while I worked my ass off, while I stopped
partying and running around. Then I see that even this women he shared
his life with, the women who made such a point to talk with S and tell
her she knows what she is feeling, that she was full of **** too.

That's so sad that an innocent child has to suffer because of their
parent's poor choices.

Sometimes we use this NG as a place to vent. Thanks NG for listening.

On a good note, me and the man I have been getting to know still
continue spending moments together. My daughter is getting such a kick
out of it, making jokes at me, blowing kisses when we talk on the
phone. Her friend's have even joined in on the fun of making fun of
me. I had my daughter and her best friend and we stopped at a local
restaurant out of the blue and HE was there. Well, they just loved
that. It was neat in that his one daughter was with him so we got to
meet in a non-planned environment. Plus he said they were just talking
about me and she said she like to meet me sometime. That meeting was
just destined to happen.

Good day to all!

Oh that IS neat. I'm glad to hear you've found someone adding to your
life.

Christine

Well....I guess it is just you and me Christine ;-) heehee

Hey Hey..... I am NOT married for goodness sake! lol

Back off, he's mine now!

:-)

lol

Christine

Old December 6th 04, 09:57 PM
Tiffany

"P.Fritz" wrote in message

wrote:

Most the regulars now about the situation with my daughter, her father,
the
baby and the babies momma.

I recently found out that the baby was born addicted to narcotics and
had to
[...]

regard to
[...]

That's true.... something about being able to breath might be handy.

Old December 6th 04, 09:59 PM
Tiffany

wrote:

"Cele" wrote in message

New York in Christmas...... I wish you good weather. Some snow though as
it
will cover the grim of NY. Actually the man I am getting to know
suggested a day trip to NYC between Christmas and New Year as that might
be
the next time we can spend any substantial amount of time together. I will
let you know, maybe we can all meet up for a tea.

Sounds great!I'll be able to check my email, as I'm taking the laptop
with me. If you do come, email me at cltemple at shaw dot ca and give
me a number to call so we can organise ourselves. I don't know what
hotel we're in yet, so I can't give you a number for us, I'm afraid.

Take care.

Cele

Will do..... we are still looking at schedules and figuring something out. I
do know if we go to NYC, a must for me is Chinatown.

Old December 7th 04, 02:26 AM
Moon Shyne

wrote:

"Cele" wrote in message

[...]

And right around the corner will be the lower east side - ask around for a place
called Isadora Gus's - they have the world's best pickles, in these huge barrels
out on the sidewalks - at least they used to ....... fresh-ground horse radish,
too

:-)

Old December 7th 04, 06:26 AM
Cele

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 16:59:27 -0500, "Tiffany"
wrote:

Will do..... we are still looking at schedules and figuring something out. I
do know if we go to NYC, a must for me is Chinatown.

Sounds good to me. I'm up for Chinatown.

Paul?

Cele
Old December 7th 04, 06:26 AM
Cele

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 20:26:48 -0600, "Moon Shyne"
wrote:

wrote:

"Cele" wrote in message

[...]

I *LOVE* horseradish!

OK, noted. Thanks! :-)

Cele
Old December 7th 04, 01:47 PM
Tiffany

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message

wrote:

"Cele" wrote in message

[...]

Yuck! I am not into pickles. Any other suggestions though? lol

Old December 7th 04, 11:20 PM
Moon Shyne

"Tiffany" wrote in message

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message

wrote:

"Cele" wrote in message

[...]

Sure, loads of 'em - I was born and raised in NY. Basically, you have 3 ethnic
neighborhoods all grouped right up against each other - Chinatown, Little Italy
and the lower East Side, which is ethnically Jewish (for those that might not
know). If you want a great Chinese meal in Chinatown, try the side streets,
specially some of the restaurants that you have to walk down stairs to get to
them - they're a little darker, and way better - these are where the Chinese
eat. Don't be afraid to ask what things are, they'll do their best to explain.

Little Italy is great for gelati for dessert, cannoli, stuff like that - though
beware the coffee, expresso will keep you up for weeks!

Lower east side is fabulous for textiles (I used to get my crocheting thread
down there), great kosher food....... however, don't expect much to be open
between sundown Friday and sundown Saturday, that's shabbas...... and they'll
expect you to hondle (bargain)...... at least give it a try :-)

In Chinatown, on the main drag, there's one grocery place that always had huge
tables out on the sidewalk loaded with ice and fresh fish - that was my favorite
place to get oriental groceries to take back home to PA (when I lived
there)...... I can picture this one dessert place in little Italy, it's on a
side street, small tables outside...... can't remember the name......

And have a blast........ loads of jewelers in Chinatown and some nice ones lower
east side...... keep your money in an inside pocket, cause it IS New York,
afterall........... and don't be afraid to gawk - we all do it :-) (so do
they, actually)