HO! HO! HO!

Old December 21st 04, 10:13 PM
Karen

whoopsie, sorry! I think you're hypersensitive to everything I say. No
offense.

Karen

Old December 22nd 04, 11:30 AM
Betsy

"Karen" wrote in message
oups.com...
That's a generous idea but I am wondering if he'll miss out on the
satisfaction of earning it himself?...

Karen

From what I read...he DID earn it himself. Now he just has the extra money
in his pocket to buy games to go with it. I think that's a great idea
Joelle!

Betsy

Old December 22nd 04, 05:12 PM
Karen

I guess that's very true.

I am just thinking about when I was a kid and saved for a long time
every penny that I earned to buy something that I wanted very much, it
ended up being very prized and cherished possession. I almost think
that special feeling of pride of accomplishing that goal may be
derailed if it's bought by Mom at the last minute. I think I would let
him buy the item himself and buy something else for a gift.

But, I'm probably wrong and he'll think it's way cool and that his Mom
is way generous!

Just tossing out another idea on the subject.

Karen

Old December 22nd 04, 07:12 PM
CME

"Karen" wrote in message
oups.com...
I guess that's very true.

I am just thinking about when I was a kid and saved for a long time
every penny that I earned to buy something that I wanted very much, it
ended up being very prized and cherished possession. I almost think
that special feeling of pride of accomplishing that goal may be
derailed if it's bought by Mom at the last minute. I think I would let
him buy the item himself and buy something else for a gift.

But, I'm probably wrong and he'll think it's way cool and that his Mom
is way generous!

Just tossing out another idea on the subject.

Karen

When I read it, I thought it was a wonderful idea, something he'll remember
forever because although he saved up and worked hard for it, she's
acknowledging that and rewarding him on top of it.

Christine

Old December 22nd 04, 09:12 PM
Karen

Happy Holidays to you, also. I'm glad with the google reader that I can
read your posts now!

Karen

Old December 23rd 04, 02:56 PM
denanson

"Joelle" wrote in message

so to get my own back (or
ensure that it stays here this year, I have bought him a drum kit! Ho Ho
Ho!

And this is a gift you *want* to stay at your house ( :- 0

Yeah! Rock an roll around the Christmas tree this year!

My son has cleaned out the kitty litter boxes for months and saved up to
my a
Ninento DS. I couldn't convince him to wait till after xmas to buy it so
he'll have it this week.

But for Christmas he's getting a piece of paper saying he still has the
money
he saved for it cuz the DS is from me ;-)

HO HO HO

A nict touch.
I often go for the 50/50 approach. When they have saved up half for
something expensive that they really want, I will help out with the rest.

Dennis