The Worst Restaurant Foods for Kids

Old April 30th 09, 05:04 PM posted to soc.support.fat-acceptance,misc.kids,alt.support.diet,alt.support.diet.low-carb,alt.support.diet.weightwatchers
The Master

Default The Worst Restaurant Foods for Kids

On Wed, 29 Apr 2009, Willow Herself wrote:

If you think that healthy food is boring, then you'll never teach your kids
to eat right. I guess you have to grow up before you can raise kids?

You are assuming there is a problem with being fat. Typical arrogance,
believing that anything not like you is bad. Yes, healthy food IS
boring... If it wasn't, I'd be skinny. Rather, I like flavor, taste, and
all that other stuff that you run away from screaming. I have a fantastic
quality of life, enjoying what I eat rather then dreading it.

Old April 30th 09, 05:06 PM posted to soc.support.fat-acceptance,misc.kids,alt.support.diet,alt.support.diet.low-carb,alt.support.diet.weightwatchers
The Master

On Wed, 29 Apr 2009, Stephanie wrote:

Boring them to death only hurts your point.

Okaaaaaay then. Next converation.

So, did I win, or are you doing that just to make me shut up? Sort of
proves my point, doesn't it? You are welcomed.

Old April 30th 09, 05:07 PM posted to soc.support.fat-acceptance,misc.kids,alt.support.diet,alt.support.diet.low-carb,alt.support.diet.weightwatchers
Stephanie[_4_]

The Master wrote:
On Wed, 29 Apr 2009, Willow Herself wrote:

If you think that healthy food is boring, then you'll never teach
your kids to eat right. I guess you have to grow up before you can
raise kids?

You are assuming there is a problem with being fat. Typical
arrogance, believing that anything not like you is bad. Yes, healthy
food IS boring... If it wasn't, I'd be skinny. Rather, I like
flavor, taste, and all that other stuff that you run away from
screaming. I have a fantastic quality of life, enjoying what I eat
rather then dreading it.

You assume wron when you assume that people who eat healthy food deem it
boring OR dreadful.

The notion that one is going to dodge the bullet presented by teh many, many
inreased risk factors from being fat is happy horse****. And people don't
really have the right to do that to their kids. Feel free to do it to
yourself.

Old April 30th 09, 05:09 PM posted to soc.support.fat-acceptance,misc.kids,alt.support.diet,alt.support.diet.low-carb,alt.support.diet.weightwatchers
Stephanie[_4_]

The Master wrote:
On Wed, 29 Apr 2009, Stephanie wrote:

In it's own right, nothing. But forcing a child to eat it when they
don't want to, will make them associate chicken with punishment.

Nobody said anything about forcing. I hardly see "forcing" as the
oppositie of not offering crap.

And that goes back to this list is the most help BEFORE the kid gets
into the bad habbits. As a way to change behavior, it's grossly
lacking.

Yeah it would be nice if we were all perfect out of the gate. But that is
not in the cards. So what.... you decide to throw up your hands and abdicate
your responsibility to your child because you ****ed up in the first place?
Great **** up once then follow up with a willful **** up because

I Cannnnnnnn't. They woooooooon't. I can't talk tot hem. Blahdeeblah

Old April 30th 09, 05:12 PM posted to soc.support.fat-acceptance,misc.kids,alt.support.diet,alt.support.diet.low-carb,alt.support.diet.weightwatchers
Anthony Allende

"The Master" wrote in message
.org...
On Wed, 29 Apr 2009, Willow Herself wrote:

If you think that healthy food is boring, then you'll never teach your
kids
to eat right. I guess you have to grow up before you can raise kids?

You are assuming there is a problem with being fat.

You just lost the argument. Even the most strident fat acceptance wackoids
admit that there are problems with their chosen fatass lifestyles.

Old April 30th 09, 05:13 PM posted to soc.support.fat-acceptance,misc.kids,alt.support.diet,alt.support.diet.low-carb,alt.support.diet.weightwatchers
Stephanie[_4_]

The Master wrote:
On Wed, 29 Apr 2009, Stephanie wrote:

Boring them to death only hurts your point.

Okaaaaaay then. Next converation.

So, did I win, or are you doing that just to make me shut up? Sort of
proves my point, doesn't it? You are welcomed.

You cannot even speak to your owwn child for fear that he or she would be
bored by you. The whole dang thing is pointless so you might as well throw
upyour hands and have another donut.

You and I have nothing to say to each other if you think that you cannot
even speak to your own child.

Old April 30th 09, 05:26 PM posted to soc.support.fat-acceptance,misc.kids,alt.support.diet,alt.support.diet.low-carb,alt.support.diet.weightwatchers
The Master

On Thu, 30 Apr 2009, Stephanie wrote:

You assume wron when you assume that people who eat healthy food deem it
boring OR dreadful.

If you like food I think is boring, fine... I'm not calling you an
ignorant slob for liking food I won't touch. But in the case of those
that show rabid hate for the obese, the other way around cannot be said.
Old April 30th 09, 05:33 PM posted to soc.support.fat-acceptance,misc.kids,alt.support.diet,alt.support.diet.low-carb,alt.support.diet.weightwatchers
The Master

On Thu, 30 Apr 2009, Stephanie wrote:

You cannot even speak to your owwn child for fear that he or she would be
bored by you.

Did your kid try a salad right away instead of chicken nuggets?
Then why bitch at me for objecting to such an idea when presented by a
health magazine?

I am saying that you are at the sit down restaurant, pull out the magazine
with the article in question, and try to reason Junior into seeing things
your way, isn't going to work.

That's not how you got your kid to change, is it?
That's not how you yourself changed, is it?
Then why bitch at me for objecting to such an idea when presented by a
health magazine?

Again, you are welcomed.
Old April 30th 09, 05:35 PM posted to soc.support.fat-acceptance,misc.kids,alt.support.diet,alt.support.diet.low-carb,alt.support.diet.weightwatchers
Stephanie[_4_]

The Master wrote:
On Thu, 30 Apr 2009, Stephanie wrote:

You assume wron when you assume that people who eat healthy food
deem it boring OR dreadful.

If you like food I think is boring, fine... I'm not calling you an
ignorant slob for liking food I won't touch. But in the case of those
that show rabid hate for the obese, the other way around cannot be
said.

You know what strikes me... The group that keeps getting xposted to ww is
called something something fat.ACCEPTANCE. But what that really seems to
mean that facts and realities surrounding the *risks* of being fat need to
be squelched at all costs. Things like not every fat person gets type 2
diabetes becomes an argument that a fat person's risk does not, in fact go
UP for type 2 diabetes. Which is darn right weird. Will YOU get type 2
diabetes? Or joint issuses? Or heart disease? Stroke? Cancer? Liver disease?
Gall bladder disease? Youo may not. But what a freaking long list! Not
everyone gets these diseases and non-obese people do too are not really very
cogent arguments about the risk that any individual will goes up
dramatically depending on the level of obesity, the disease and other
factors. Pretending that fact does not exist does not exists does not
further your fat accepance cause, if you ask me.

Fat people have every right to be fat. That is thei choice. And as such, I
guess you could say that I, for one, accept fat. But be truthful fer pete's
sake.

Old April 30th 09, 05:37 PM posted to soc.support.fat-acceptance,misc.kids,alt.support.diet,alt.support.diet.low-carb,alt.support.diet.weightwatchers
Stephanie[_4_]

The Master wrote:
On Thu, 30 Apr 2009, Stephanie wrote:

You cannot even speak to your owwn child for fear that he or she
would be bored by you.

Did your kid try a salad right away instead of chicken nuggets?

Can you explain to me why you are hyper focused on this right away business?
It sesems to me more than a reasobable exercise to the reader to determine
the path from crap to alternatives. Maybe that is too much of a stretch for
you.

Then why bitch at me for objecting to such an idea when presented by a
health magazine?

I am saying that you are at the sit down restaurant, pull out the
magazine with the article in question, and try to reason Junior into
seeing things your way, isn't going to work.

Well now damn, that;'s just dumb enough to even cross my mind that anyone
would think that is a good idea.