OT "Let me hold the baby"

Old December 13th 03, 02:31 AM
Chookie

Default OT "Let me hold the baby"

In article , Mary Ann Tuli wrote:

I believe the original post was not so much about whether people should
or should not be allowed to hold a young baby, but more a complaint
about why, when people are told "no" for whatever reason, they persist
and persist or simply grab the baby. It's an issue of respect IMO.

Of course, but that's where managing people comes in. Anyway, you don't
*have* to let go!

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"Jeez; if only those Ancient Greek storytellers had known about the astonishing
creature that is the *Usenet hydra*: you cut off one head, and *a stupider one*
grows back..." -- MJ, cam.misc
Old December 13th 03, 02:46 PM
Sue

Sue wrote:
but at the same time, the relatives were
probably thinking that they could settle the baby down for Cheryl and
possiby give her a break.

Cheryl S. wrote in message

Ah, hadn't thought of that. Could be, but I am quite sure he would not
have settled down.

I tend to think that is what is going through the minds of the older people.
Giving mom a break seems important to them and I think they want to feel
wanted or that "they still have it" (lol) by being able to calm a baby.

--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Old December 15th 03, 03:14 PM
Leslie

Giving mom a break seems important to them and I think they want to feel
wanted or that "they still have it" (lol) by being able to calm a baby.

I think there's a LOT of truth to that. I have seen people who are absolutely
convinced they could calm any crying baby. But when it was my baby, or my
sister's baby, all they really wanted was to nurse! :-)

Leslie