advice requested - a 3.5 year old and 6 year old coming to visit

Old May 24th 04, 12:37 AM
Diane

Default advice requested - a 3.5 year old and 6 year old coming to visit

I'm having a couple of young folks come visit me. I know they play on the
computer at home and I was looking on the internet for suitable downloads
and at stores for kids programs. I can't decide. The 3 and a half year
old is pretty advanced and the 6 year old is a little slow.

Any suggestions for me? Other than, 'it's summer and they should play
outside!".

Thanks
Diane

Old May 24th 04, 01:11 AM
Nan

On Sun, 23 May 2004 23:37:39 GMT, "Diane" wrote:

I'm having a couple of young folks come visit me. I know they play on the
computer at home and I was looking on the internet for suitable downloads
and at stores for kids programs. I can't decide. The 3 and a half year
old is pretty advanced and the 6 year old is a little slow.

Any suggestions for me? Other than, 'it's summer and they should play
outside!".

Thanks
Diane

My 4 year old enjoys the Reader Rabbit games. There are levels for
just about any age. The 3.5 year old may like the Preschool version
and the 6 year old might like the Kindergarten or even higher version.

Nan

Old May 24th 04, 11:55 PM
Ruthie

:
: Any suggestions for me? Other than, 'it's summer and they should
play
: outside!".
:
: Thanks
: Diane

My 6 year old and almost 3 year old both love the Dora the Explorer
games.

--r.

Old May 25th 04, 03:01 AM
Nevermind

"Diane" wrote in message . ..
I'm having a couple of young folks come visit me. I know they play on the
computer at home and I was looking on the internet for suitable downloads
and at stores for kids programs. I can't decide. The 3 and a half year
old is pretty advanced and the 6 year old is a little slow.

Any suggestions for me? Other than, 'it's summer and they should play
outside!".

Thanks
Diane

Depends for how long they'll be visiting and under what circumstances.
But I was thinking that the best way to keep both kids happy together
in the summer would be a cheap inflatable kiddie pool and/or a
sprinkler. Take 'em to a movie? Go to a zoo? Sure, some games would be
good to have around, as would a couple of videos (you could go
together to rent one).

Old May 27th 04, 08:20 PM
Mary E. Hill

www.nickjr.com is my son's fav - he's 4