How would I obtain sole custody of my child when I cannot find the father?

Old March 30th 07, 05:21 AM posted to alt.child-support
[email protected]

Default How would I obtain sole custody of my child when I cannot find the father?

My childs father is violent and dangerous. For numerous reasons I NEED
full or sole support of my child. I cannot find him and don;t really
want to. How would I obtain custody?

Old March 30th 07, 06:28 AM posted to alt.child-support
Chris

wrote in message
oups.com...
My childs father is violent and dangerous. For numerous reasons I NEED
full or sole support of my child. I cannot find him and don;t really
want to. How would I obtain custody?

You obtained custody at the moment of conception.

Old March 30th 07, 07:10 AM posted to alt.child-support
whatamess

On Mar 30, 1:28 am, "Chris" wrote:
wrote in message

oups.com...

My childs father is violent and dangerous. For numerous reasons I NEED
full or sole support of my child. I cannot find him and don;t really
want to. How would I obtain custody?

You obtained custody at the moment of conception.

Was he violent and dangerous before the child was conceived? Just
wondering...

Anyway, I'm sure you can call the Texas Attorney General and he'll
give you all the information you need...or whatever state you live in,
they can probably assist you with that. Since you don't want to find
him or him to find you, make sure you don't file for child support
either...

Old March 30th 07, 08:22 AM posted to alt.child-support
[email protected]

On Mar 30, 2:10 am, "whatamess" wrote:
On Mar 30, 1:28 am, "Chris" wrote:

wrote in message

roups.com...

My childs father is violent and dangerous. For numerous reasons I NEED
full or sole support of my child. I cannot find him and don;t really
want to. How would I obtain custody?

You obtained custody at the moment of conception.

I wish that was the case, but in Ontario Canada we both have equal
custody rights unless we go to court to file for full custody and win.

Was he violent and dangerous before the child was conceived? Just
wondering...

Yes, he was...This was not a planned pregnancy.

Anyway, I'm sure you can call the Texas Attorney General and he'll
give you all the information you need...or whatever state you live in,
they can probably assist you with that. Since you don't want to find
him or him to find you, make sure you don't file for child support
either...

I live in ontario Canada, I wanted to know if anyone has had a similar
issue regarding not being able to go to court because of not knowing
the father/mothers whereabouts. I have never filed for support but
there is a support order in place from a court trial pertaining to his
abuse, when we separated he was tried and jailed. When he was jailed
I had to apply for welfare and in Ontario, the welfare office makes
you obtain income from all means available to you and so a support
order was issued to him. I however do not receive it.

Old March 30th 07, 04:00 PM posted to alt.child-support
whatamess

On Mar 30, 3:22 am, wrote:
On Mar 30, 2:10 am, "whatamess" wrote:

On Mar 30, 1:28 am, "Chris" wrote:

wrote in message

roups.com...

[...]

Wish I could help...There are many links on the internet for this...I
just don't know much about Canada...sorry.