Ugly verbal abuse from a parent at McDonalds today

Old November 25th 06, 07:03 PM posted to misc.kids
stonej

Default Ugly verbal abuse from a parent at McDonalds today

I'm eating at a McDonalds today and a kid in the booth next to mine was
misbehaving in some
way and his mother says "stop doing that or I'll bash your head through
the wall!!!".

I though well now there is a candidate for mother of the year. I'm
sure she didn't mean it but
it was rather unpleasant to hear.

Old November 25th 06, 10:20 PM posted to misc.kids
Jeff

"stonej" wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm eating at a McDonalds today and a kid in the booth next to mine was
misbehaving in some
way and his mother says "stop doing that or I'll bash your head through
the wall!!!".

I though well now there is a candidate for mother of the year. I'm
sure she didn't mean it but
it was rather unpleasant to hear.

In tomorrow's New York Times Magazine, there is an article about the
achievement of kids from different socioeconomic backgrounds. Those who tend
to be poorer also tend to have parents who don't provide nearly as much
positive feedback. Unfortunately, these students tend also tend to more
poorly in schools. This time of negative feedback reminds me of the article.

Anyway, it is unpleasant to hear that. Not a positive thing for kids to
hear, even at other tables. However, out of context (which, perhaps, you
didn't hear), it might not have been as bad as it seems.

I remember when I was in pediatrics, one mother said that if her kid doesn't
behave properly, she will have me give her a needle. I politely explained to
the mother that this was inappropriate because I give needle to help prevent
or treat disease, not to punish kids. The mother understood. It's sad,
really, that parents behave this way. It's like they don't love their kids.
It just that they don't the proper interactions to have with them.

Jeff

Old November 27th 06, 08:06 AM posted to misc.kids
[email protected]

I don't know why some people even have kids when they don't seem like
them.
Angel
www.creativememories.com
www.mtacc.net
www.candletech.com

Old November 27th 06, 02:50 PM posted to misc.kids
Jeff

wrote in message
oups.com...
I don't know why some people even have kids when they don't seem like
them.
Angel

In this particular case, this is a disagreeable event out of context.

However, I think in a lot of cases, the parents really love their kids.
However, they didn't have good role models growing up. And they don't know
how to truly show their love in a proper manner.

Jeff

We don need no steenkin' CPS. 0:-> Spanking 223 July 19th 06 07:32 AM
wDnnSCPS mountain bill Spanking 247 July 27th 05 08:53 PM