Does anybody have any useful advice on how to collect a child support debt?

Old November 16th 07, 05:30 PM posted to alt.child-support
Banty

Default Does anybody have any useful advice on how to collect a child support debt?

In article , teachrmama says...

"Banty" wrote in message
In article , teachrmama says...

snip for length.

Like we have been talking about, the operating expenses of the household
are
counted as far as *additional* expenses are necessary to set up a
household to
raise the kids in. Vs. the less expensive and wider options available
single person.

You arestill laboring under the idea that the NCP is a "single person."
The
NCP needs the same # of bedrooms as the CP--for the exact same children.
He
needs supplies for those children when they are with him. He needs
furniture for them when they are with him. He is NOT living as a single
person--that is such an odd idea.

Heh. Sometimes he is.

NCP's around here aren't required to have a bedroom, etc. (it's called
*visitation*), while of course joint custody parents would need to. Maybe
it
depends on the state. But I dont' know anyone without a couch.

And, we're talking two weekends a month vs. the other 30 to 31 days? I'm
all
for prorating for that.

So you are advocating that children of divorce sleep in living rooms on
couches, have no toys at dad's home, haul their toothbrushes and cosmetic
needs with them, bring enough changes of clothes to last for all activities
they might participate in with dad, and in general be made to *feel* like
visitors rather than children? Sleep on the couch during their week long
time with dad during the holidays and 6 weeks during the summer? You think
that is a good idea, this further separation of parents into "real parent"
and "visitor"? You feel that an NCP is really *that unimportant* that his
children should be made to feel like visitors in his home? I have to say, I
am really shocked.

I'm not saying that's good; I'm saying I haven't seen that required. But that
may be the place I'm at.

Possibly, it depends on the extent of the visitation too. If/where it's
required, if the NCP doesn't arrange that, what happens? Does he get denied
visitation?

As I've said many times, I'm all for *real parent* and *real parent*.

Banty

Old November 17th 07, 03:25 AM posted to alt.child-support
teachrmama

"Banty" wrote in message
In article , teachrmama says...

"Banty" wrote in message
[...]

Does it need to be required to be important? It's not required that the CP
have a bedroom--she could sleep on the couch. But it is *important* that
she have a bedroom. It's *important* that children have a place of their
own at the NCP's house. Then they feel like they belong there. Don't you
think so?

Old November 17th 07, 04:28 AM posted to alt.child-support
Banty

In article , teachrmama says...

"Banty" wrote in message
In article , teachrmama says...

"Banty" wrote in message
[...]

But we're talking about the required bedroom, for example, the CP has to
provide, and this came up.

Hey, more is better, fine by me.

Banty

Old November 17th 07, 05:50 AM posted to alt.child-support
teachrmama

"Banty" wrote in message
In article , teachrmama says...

"Banty" wrote in message
In article , teachrmama says...

"Banty" wrote in message
[...]

The CP is NOT required to have a bedroom smile

Old November 17th 07, 07:29 AM posted to alt.child-support
DB[_2_]

"teachrmama" wrote in

But we're talking about the required bedroom, for example, the CP has to
provide, and this came up.

The CP is NOT required to have a bedroom smile

Well all this talk about how many bedrooms is nice, but when the Dollar
finally busts, none of this is going to matter.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4n3g5l...eature=related