Whatever happened to....

Old September 7th 03, 09:42 PM
Taniwha grrrl

Default Whatever happened to....

Jessica wrote:
Jess is now a single mother

It's great to hear from you again Jess, I'm sorry life has
thrown you a curve ball but it sounds like your handling
things with great maturity and grace, well done.

and wonder whatever possessed her
to marry at 18, despite the fact that like all 18 year

olds She Was
Different And She Knew Better.

hmmm I dunno, I married at 18 and have just celebrated my
16th wedding anniversary...it does work for some 18 year
olds )

She's on leave of absence from her
WIC job and is strongly considering not going back and

instead going
back to emergency medicine.

I think you'll be great at that, good luck.

Julianne is 2 1/2 now and entering the Truly Terrible

Twos, the kind
that make you wonder about making a necklace of Xanax and

licking it
regularly.

lol..I'd like one of those too

Jess owes a lot to Kandee Wright

That's someone else I haven't heard from in ages, how is
Kandee?

In summary, Jess is doing better than she ever has before

and
anticipates a brighter future than she ever thought she

had before.

That's wonderful to hear, I wish you lot's of happiness, and
drop an update in more often it's nice to hear from you.

--
Andrea

If I can't be a good example, then I'll just have to be a
horrible warning.

Old September 8th 03, 01:47 AM
AGreen1209

I have no idea why I thought you were thinking of more E names. Tell me you
were so I won't think I'm going nuts - lol.

We thought about the name Ethan for a boy, so yes, we were thinking about E
names for a while. :-)

Wow, #3, good luck deciding.

Two factors are involved - finances and health. I want to be a SAHM, or at the
most work part-time, and we aren't totally sure how well that would be with 3
kids. As far as health, I want to lose 30-40 pounds before I even consider
ttc.

But those two things aside, I am really feeling broody now that Leah is 15
months and just not really a baby anymore :-(

We've even picked out some names, so I think that it is just a matter of time
until we do decide to ttc.

Good luck on your ttc #4 - I'm one of four, so is DH.

Amanda

Old September 8th 03, 03:16 AM
Amy M.

From: "Taniwha grrrl"

and wonder whatever possessed her
to marry at 18, despite the fact that like all 18 year

olds She Was
Different And She Knew Better.

hmmm I dunno, I married at 18 and have just celebrated my
16th wedding anniversary...it does work for some 18 year
olds )

Totally agree, Andrea. I wed at 18 as well, and we just celebrated our 12th
anniversary. I think we are a rare breed, however.

--
Amy~
Tre' (6/92)

Old September 8th 03, 05:05 AM
Daye

On Sat, 06 Sep 2003 18:58:22 -0400, "Jessica"
wrote:

In summary, Jess is doing better than she ever has before and anticipates
a brighter future than she ever thought she had before.

Jess,

It is so good to hear from you. I think about you from time to time.
With my first pregnancy, you helped me a lot.

I am glad that you are doing well (even if you are having some
problems).

--
Daye
Momma to Jayan
Old September 8th 03, 07:50 AM
Cheryl

On Mon, 8 Sep 2003 08:45:45 +1200, "Taniwha grrrl"
wrote:

I know!!
My dh leaves Monday morning and returns Friday night and in
between I run a tight ship, the house is clean when I go to
bed, I get through my tasks during the day etc. But come the
weekend when he's home everything turns to custard, it's
beyond weird, it must be a mind set thing.

IMO it is a mind set thing. I do things differently when he's not here
and he doesn't necessarily want to do them the same way when he's
back. It causes problems when you expect help but it's not provided
in the manner you expect. Even little things like dinner not being
started at the right time has a huge flow-on effect that he doesn't
seem to understand.

--
Cheryl
Mum to DS#1 (11 Mar 99), DS#2 (4 Oct 00)
Old September 8th 03, 01:18 PM
Linz

"Taniwha grrrl" wrote in message
Jessica wrote:

and wonder whatever possessed her
to marry at 18, despite the fact that like all 18 year

olds She Was
Different And She Knew Better.

hmmm I dunno, I married at 18 and have just celebrated my
16th wedding anniversary...it does work for some 18 year
olds )

For some it works, for some it doesn't. Jess, I'm sorry it didn't work for
you - but then, my first marriage was made when I was 30 and that didn't
work, so I'm not convinced it's an age thing!

Andrea, I'm glad it has worked for you - and I've done the maths and there's
something askew here! I'm 4 years older than you and am still baking my
first bun!

Old September 9th 03, 07:31 AM
Mary

Taniwha grrrl wrote:

Having my hubby gone 5 days a week is MORE than enough, 5
'months' or more in the year would be mental breakdown
material for me. I take my hat of to you (and other military
wives) you do a brilliant job.

Hear, hear! My DH is gone for a week and I'm miserable. Hat is
definitely off to anyone who survives "normal" deployments, not even
speaking of what had to have been the most stressful half-year of your
life, Sophie, considering where he was.

Mary S.
mom to the Sproutkin

Old September 9th 03, 02:34 PM
Em

"Jessica" wrote in message
Jess is 21 now and will be 22 in two weeks.

Jess is now a single mother after some things she really doesn't really
like to discuss and is taking a year off from university to finish her
divorce and sit around and wonder whatever possessed her to marry at 18,
despite the fact that like all 18 year olds She Was Different And She Knew
Better. She's on leave of absence from her WIC job and is strongly
considering not going back and instead going back to emergency medicine.

Good to read an update from you Jess! (I know that you don't "know" me, but
I feel acquainted with you from my lurking years). Sounds like you've been
having some rough times, but are pulling through fabulously and the light on
the other end of the tunnel is certainly brighter than where you came from!

Jess will give you all (yes, *all*) LiveJournal codes if you want so you
can read her rantings and ravings on a regular basis, but she does not
like posting about them on a regular basis anymore.

I'd like it, if you don't mind. The email in the header works if you take
out the obvious.

snip
Jess owes a lot to Kandee Wright for providing her and her kids with a
place of refuge at her own personal risk when it was that or a shelter
that she used to volunteer for.

Kandee is another person I haven't seen much from in a while--I know she had
a lot on her plate as well and I hope things are going great for her.

snip
In summary, Jess is doing better than she ever has before and anticipates
a brighter future than she ever thought she had before.

Again, good to hear that things are looking so bright for you Jess.

--
Em
edd 9/23/03

Old September 9th 03, 05:39 PM
Sophie

"AGreen1209" wrote in message
I have no idea why I thought you were thinking of more E names. Tell me

you
were so I won't think I'm going nuts - lol.

We thought about the name Ethan for a boy, so yes, we were thinking about

names for a while. :-)

I thought so

Two factors are involved - finances and health. I want to be a SAHM, or

at the
most work part-time, and we aren't totally sure how well that would be

with 3
kids. As far as health, I want to lose 30-40 pounds before I even

consider
ttc.

I don't blame you. I'm not thrilled I only have 10 extra lbs on me.

But those two things aside, I am really feeling broody now that Leah is 15
months and just not really a baby anymore :-(

We've even picked out some names, so I think that it is just a matter of

time
until we do decide to ttc.

If you're picking names, you've decided - lol.

Good luck on your ttc #4 - I'm one of four, so is DH.

Amanda

Did you both like being one of "so many"?

--
Sophie -
TTC #4

Old September 9th 03, 05:39 PM
Sophie

"Taniwha grrrl" wrote in message
Sophie wrote:

And you all wondered why I liked deployments - lol.

lol.
Having my hubby gone 5 days a week is MORE than enough, 5
'months' or more in the year would be mental breakdown
material for me. I take my hat of to you (and other military
wives) you do a brilliant job.

--
Andrea

Nah, it's just part of the job

--
Sophie -
TTC #4

Big Brothers Big Sisters Problem (Follow Up To September Posting) Rob General 17 April 24th 04 06:25 AM
Religion question Laurie General 107 October 24th 03 06:08 PM
Nursemaid's elbow - revisited Cathy Weeks General 10 August 20th 03 06:01 PM