Naughty mom (or dad) behavior

Old October 17th 07, 01:34 PM posted to misc.kids.moderated,misc.kids
Claire[_2_]

Default Naughty mom (or dad) behavior

Time for true confessions here - name a time when you did something
that is not on the list of Best Practices as a parent.

Here's one of mine - drinking a Bud out of a paper bag in the parking
lot during my daughter's trombone lesson. It was just one of those
days, and it did taste so very good.

Warm Regards,

Claire

Old October 17th 07, 01:45 PM posted to misc.kids
Illiana via FamilyKB.com

Claire wrote:
Time for true confessions here - name a time when you did something
that is not on the list of Best Practices as a parent.

Here's one of mine - drinking a Bud out of a paper bag in the parking
lot during my daughter's trombone lesson. It was just one of those
days, and it did taste so very good.

Warm Regards,

Claire

I once yelled "No!" at my child in the store because he kept asking for a toy
that I told him he could not have. It was so loud that I scared myself.
Another time a bully was picking on my child, and I told him to haul off an
knock the **** out of the bully next time he pushed him. It got my kid
suspended, but he no longer has a bully problem.

Old October 17th 07, 02:01 PM posted to misc.kids
Ignoramus27577

On 2007-10-17, Illiana via FamilyKB.com u38194@uwe wrote:
that I told him he could not have. It was so loud that I scared myself.
Another time a bully was picking on my child, and I told him to haul off an
knock the **** out of the bully next time he pushed him. It got my kid
suspended, but he no longer has a bully problem.

Just curious, how long was he suspended?

Old October 17th 07, 05:32 PM posted to misc.kids
Illiana via FamilyKB.com

Ignoramus27577 wrote:
that I told him he could not have. It was so loud that I scared myself.
Another time a bully was picking on my child, and I told him to haul off an
knock the **** out of the bully next time he pushed him. It got my kid
suspended, but he no longer has a bully problem.

Just curious, how long was he suspended?

The Vice Principal suspended him for 3 days, so I took him to a baseball game
at the staduim. I didn't feel the need to punish him, because if the school
had stepped in the first 12 times I complained, I wouldn't have had to tell
my son to take up for himself.

The bully's mom came to my house to tell me how my son was violent. I told
her if she didn't want to
find out where he get's it from she better leave my door step. I also
informed her that if she was any type of mother, she would have been here way
before my boy had to defend himself. She was only here now because my son got
the best of hers.

Old October 17th 07, 06:16 PM posted to misc.kids
Banty

In article 79d5574a04726@uwe, Illiana via FamilyKB.com says...

Ignoramus27577 wrote:
that I told him he could not have. It was so loud that I scared myself.
Another time a bully was picking on my child, and I told him to haul off an
knock the **** out of the bully next time he pushed him. It got my kid
suspended, but he no longer has a bully problem.

Just curious, how long was he suspended?

The Vice Principal suspended him for 3 days, so I took him to a baseball game
at the staduim. I didn't feel the need to punish him, because if the school
had stepped in the first 12 times I complained, I wouldn't have had to tell
my son to take up for himself.

The bully's mom came to my house to tell me how my son was violent. I told
her if she didn't want to
find out where he get's it from she better leave my door step.

Y'Hellloooo!? I was inclined to be 'on your side' (as my son went through this,
to a lesser extent, including a day's suspension) until I saw this. That's
called - a threat. What bullies do. What well grounded adults - don't do.

I don't care if it's an insult. "Consider the source", as they say. You don't
respond with a threat. Sticks and stones.

I also
informed her that if she was any type of mother, she would have been here way
before my boy had to defend himself. She was only here now because my son got
the best of hers.

My experience is also that most usually the apple hasn't fallen far from the
tree, and the only feasible approach is to teach kids how to deal with bullying,
including, as necessary, and only as necessary, physical action, taking the
school actions as a cost of the business, so to speak.

But, as an adult, you should have the maturity to deal with it without that sort
of thing, partly because you have the *options* at hand not to have to do that
sort of thing (you could have simply excused said mom from your property, for
example), and access to the force of the law if needed as a last resort.

But to threaten and become a bully yourself? That dog don't hunt. Makes me
wonder what your son *has* learned from you, and what the real story really is.

Banty

Old October 17th 07, 11:52 PM posted to misc.kids.moderated,misc.kids
enigma

Claire wrote in
ups.com:

Time for true confessions here - name a time when you did
something that is not on the list of Best Practices as a
parent.

Here's one of mine - drinking a Bud out of a paper bag in
the parking lot during my daughter's trombone lesson. It
was just one of those days, and it did taste so very good.

Bud? tasted good? it must have been a very hot day & a very
cold Bud, because Bud is pretty tasteless "beer".
anyway, other than hiding the beer in a bag (i'd hide Bud fer
sure!), why is this a 'bad parenting moment"? aren't parents
allowed a drink of beer?
puzzled
lee

Old October 18th 07, 12:30 PM posted to misc.kids
Illiana via FamilyKB.com

Banty wrote:
that I told him he could not have. It was so loud that I scared myself.
Another time a bully was picking on my child, and I told him to haul off an

[quoted text clipped - 13 lines]
[...]

She should have been an adult and not come to my house AFTER her kid got what
he was dishing out. If you are the type of person to stand by while some
crazy hag, who can't or won't controll her son who is twice your sons size
stand there and tell you you are wrong for letting your kid defend himself,
that's on you.

Old October 18th 07, 02:20 PM posted to misc.kids
Banty

In article 79df47bbeb333@uwe, Illiana via FamilyKB.com says...

Banty wrote:
[...]

'On me' exactly how? Not to be a tough guy (or tough chickie)?? Where would
being a tough chick get me?? Other than to be a really bad example to my boy as
to how to handle things, and a fact of my having threatened a person with
physical harm should things ever get to the point of someone going to the law?

So WHAT if some crazy hag comes yelling at me stupidly?? If necessary, I can
call the law to help evict her from my property. I needn't lift a finger - her
standing there being a crazy person for all to see is plenty enough
entertainment. Sticks and stones. All I need to do is firmly tell her we won't
put up with it.

In case you missed my message, what's 'on you' is that clearly you're inclined
to threaten and bully yourself, which tells me something about how most likely
*your* apples haven't fallen far from the tree.

Banty

Old October 18th 07, 04:28 PM posted to misc.kids
Illiana via FamilyKB.com

Banty wrote:
that I told him he could not have. It was so loud that I scared myself.
Another time a bully was picking on my child, and I told him to haul off an

[quoted text clipped - 33 lines]
[...]

What ever you say, but you weren't there. That whore came to my house, and
thought she was going to intimidate me like she does the other parents. I
don't think so.
You don't know, so I will excuse your ignorance on this matter.
This is what it is right he
This woman has no control of her fat-assed bully of a son. I am not the only
parent that has complained about this kid. I had made several attempts to
call this woman and resolve the situation in a civil manner. When I was able
to get her on the phone, she was just nasty, and called me names, threatened
me, and also said "It's not my problem you didn't teach your kid how to
defend hisself! Don't call me again!"
And I didn't, but I did tell my son to knock the hell out of him, and he did.
Only then did that bitch come to my house, in an attempt to intimidate me.
She just wasn't expecting me to be ready to stand off with her.
So, unless you know this woman, you have no idea.
My son =8years 4ft 65lbs
Bully= 12 close to 5ft 130lbs

So, say what you want to say, I don't care. I do know that Brendon is going
to keep his hands to himself, and his mom is not going to come to my house
again unless she comes correct. Deal with it!

Old October 18th 07, 04:29 PM posted to misc.kids
Nan

On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 11:30:24 GMT, "Illiana via FamilyKB.com"
u38194@uwe wrote:

She should have been an adult and not come to my house AFTER her kid got what
he was dishing out. If you are the type of person to stand by while some
crazy hag, who can't or won't controll her son who is twice your sons size
stand there and tell you you are wrong for letting your kid defend himself,
that's on you.

Why is her opinion of you so important that you'd make threats?

Nan

No such thing as naughty anymore? Roman Bystrianyk Kids Health 0 March 15th 07 06:00 PM
NAUGHTY KIDS NEED DISCIPLINE NOT DRUGS Jan Drew Kids Health 0 November 20th 06 01:50 AM
Behavior Concerned General 3 March 10th 06 04:45 AM
being naughty April & Bump Pregnancy 19 January 5th 06 04:36 PM
when one kid is naughty and the other is nice Nan General 17 December 11th 04 05:10 PM