I'm BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACKKKKKKKKKKK!!!

Old October 17th 03, 02:57 AM
turtledove

Default I'm BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACKKKKKKKKKKK!!!

Did you all miss me??

And THANK you 'Kate for taking care of the FAQ for me during this move!

Hugs all around!

Now...time to find out just what you all have been doing while I've been
gone! Behaving yourselves??

SMOOCH!
*brianne (aka westcoastbri!)

Old October 17th 03, 11:27 PM
CME

"turtledove" wrote in message
Did you all miss me??

And THANK you 'Kate for taking care of the FAQ for me during this move!

Hugs all around!

Now...time to find out just what you all have been doing while I've been
gone! Behaving yourselves??

SMOOCH!
*brianne (aka westcoastbri!)

WELCOME BACK!!! Soooooooo how are things???

Christine

Old October 18th 03, 08:49 PM
Joelle

Hi Bri

You'll have to keep us up to date on how your son is handling the move.

I'm contemplating a move myself. I had planned on staying here until the kids
graduated from high school (they are in 8th and 10th) but that's not going to
be possible, nor do I think in the big picture would it be the best for them.

Of course in the small picture my daughter is going to blow a gasket - she's
very popular (a little too popular with some elements for my taste) and she's
reacted emotionally at even small hints of moving.

Anyway nothing for certain now, but I'm dreading the whole scene, even while
being farily sure that it will be fine down the road. Ah I hate those short
term sacrifices and struggles for long term good!

Joelle
Old October 18th 03, 09:44 PM
CME

"Joelle" wrote in message
[...]

Moving to a different part of town, or somewhere new altogether?

Christine

Old October 18th 03, 11:39 PM
Joelle

Moving to a different part of town, or somewhere new altogether?

Different part of town...hahaha...small town that would be funny. No this
would be a change of church, change of job, change of town for sure, I'd really
like to go back to WIsconsin, closer to the in laws, closer to friends. The
way my job works, it isn't that easy to just say "Okay we are going to go here"
so there's a lot of uncertainity involved which is hard enough on adults, never
mind kids.

I may have an interview near Madison and I've not decided to take the kids
along, tell them about the possiblity, then risk them getting all upset about
the idea of a move, then maybe decided they would like to go to that church,
then not getting the call...or flying down for one day (I have no one here to
stay with kids overnight) for the interview and not getting the kids involved
until it's more of a sure thing.

There's pros and cons for both ways - taking them along is more of an emotional
upheaval for the kids but it makes them more of the process and gives them time
to get used to the idea, so that if this doesn't work out, they are a little
closer to accepting the reality that we are not going to be here another 4
years.

If I do move, this year before Sarah goes to high school is probably the
optimal time to do it.

Joelle
Old October 19th 03, 07:36 AM
turtledove

My son has actually adapted to the moved quite well. We've been really
blessed. They key things to him we

1. they have year round school here that runs off five different tracks.
His particular track started the latest, so essentially he had summer break
from end of May through end of August. He really liked that.

2. There are mountains all around us. My kidlet is quite the outdoor,
mountain boy and being able to camp and hike in mountains is something he
has really grown to enjoy.

3. No humidity and no mosquitos. Who wouldn't like that! !!!

All is going well. I just started my first full time job since the
accident. Been a tiring but very satisfying week.

I'm glad to be back online, I'll be on a little more sporadic than in
Florida, due to working full time again, but I'll be checking in tons more
than I have the past few weeks.

missed 'seeing' everyone,

love to all,
*b

Old October 19th 03, 01:36 PM
Tiffany

turtledove wrote in message
Did you all miss me??

And THANK you 'Kate for taking care of the FAQ for me during this move!

Hugs all around!

Now...time to find out just what you all have been doing while I've been
gone! Behaving yourselves??

SMOOCH!
*brianne (aka westcoastbri!)

Welcome back... miss Mickey yet? lol

Old October 19th 03, 01:36 PM
Joelle

My son has actually adapted to the moved quite well. We've been really
blessed. They key things to him we

they have year round school here that runs off five different tracks.

There are mountains all around us.

That's great. It's also a good lesson for kids to learn that the unknown
(which they usually fear - but don't we all) might actually be better than what
they have now!

Joelle
Old October 19th 03, 10:12 PM
turtledove

"Tiffany" wrote in message

Welcome back... miss Mickey yet? lol

bwahahahahaha!

NONONONONONONONONO!!

hehe,
*b (who certainly doesn't miss the fireworks near my house EVERY night!)

Old October 20th 03, 12:23 AM
CME

"Joelle" wrote in message
[...]

Yes, I agree. I say involve them and just go with the flow, there's no need
in making it more than it really is at this point.

Christine