Study Casts Doubt on Vaccine-Autism Link: Research adds to growingbody of evidence thats finds no connection between the two

Old January 9th 08, 01:14 PM posted to misc.kids.health
Jeff

Default Study Casts Doubt on Vaccine-Autism Link: Research adds to growingbody of evidence thats finds no connection between the two

http://www.businessweek.com/lifestyle/content/healthday/611489.html?chan=top+news_top+news+index_lifestyle

or

http://tinyurl.com/39l4ak
Old January 9th 08, 02:39 PM posted to misc.kids.health
bigvince

On Jan 9, 7:14*am, Jeff wrote:
http://www.businessweek.com/lifestyle/content/healthday/611489.html?c...

or

http://tinyurl.com/39l4ak

All thet really needs to be said about this study From
http://www.businessweek.com/lifestyl...ndex_lifestyle

"The study makes clear that "thimerosal cannot be the major cause of
autism in California," said its lead author, Dr. Robert Schechter,
medical officer with the Immunization Branch of the California
Department of Public Health. "

Would you really expect Dr. Bob to find that his branch of medicine
caused at least some of the autism cases. Sort of like Gonzales
investigating the Justice department .

Thanks Vince
Old January 9th 08, 02:58 PM posted to misc.kids.health
Jeff

bigvince wrote:
On Jan 9, 7:14 am, Jeff wrote:
http://www.businessweek.com/lifestyle/content/healthday/611489.html?c...

or

http://tinyurl.com/39l4ak

All thet really needs to be said about this study From
http://www.businessweek.com/lifestyl...ndex_lifestyle

"The study makes clear that "thimerosal cannot be the major cause of
autism in California," said its lead author, Dr. Robert Schechter,
medical officer with the Immunization Branch of the California
Department of Public Health. "

Would you really expect Dr. Bob to find that his branch of medicine
caused at least some of the autism cases. Sort of like Gonzales
investigating the Justice department.

It's happened before. It's called the scientific method. You have a
hypothesis, like thimerosal causes autism, then do an experiment or
study to test the hypothesis.

Using the scientific method, the death rate from childhood cancer has
gone down from about 100% of the victims of childhood cancer to about 20
to 25%. And the number of kids who die from cancer has also gone down.

Regardless of whether we disagree on this, the data speak for
themselves. The rates of autism go up while thimerosal usage has gone
way down.

People can try to spin this however they want, but the second part of
the title: Research adds to growing body of evidence that finds no
connection between the two [autism and vaccines] says it all. There is
virtually no evidence that vaccines cause autism and tons of evidence
that they do.

Thanks Vince

You're quite welcome.

Jeff
Old January 9th 08, 04:18 PM posted to misc.kids.health
bigvince

http://www.businessweek.com/lifestyl.../611489.html?c...

"The study makes clear that "thimerosal cannot be the major cause of
autism in California," said its lead author, Dr. Robert Schechter,
medical officer with the Immunization Branch of the California
Department of Public Health. "

*Would you really expect Dr. Bob to find that his branch of medicine
caused at least some of the autism cases. Sort of like Gonzales
investigating the Justice department.

People can try to spin this however they want, but the second part of
the title: Research adds to growing body of evidence that finds no
connection between the two [autism and vaccines] says it all. There is
virtually no evidence that vaccines cause autism and tons of evidence
that they do.

This study proves nothing For neutral parties here is a good review
of why this study is flawed

Statement by Rick Rollens, parent of a 17 year old son with autism,
co-founder U. C. Davis M.I.N.D. Institute and member California
Legislative Blue Ribbon Commission on Autism.

Statement by Rick Rollens, parent of a 17 year old son with autism, co-
founder U. C. Davis M.I.N.D.
Although this study by California's vaccine establishment clearly
sustains the fact that California is in the midst of a growing autism
epidemic and that California's system of reporting professionally
diagnosed cases of full syndrome autism is the gold standard in the
country, the conclusions in the study are flawed and premature, and
does nothing to exonerate vaccines, particularly mercury containing
vaccines, as a cause of California's autism epidemic.

Although the mercury burden in vaccines has been reduced over the
years, we know that even very small amounts of mercury can cause
serious, life altering neurological damage. California's ban on
mercury containing vaccines for pregnant women and children under
three did not take effect until December 2006.

Today, those children born after the ban took effect are between 4
months old and one year of age. California's developmental services
reporting system DOES NOT include children under the age of three
years old.

It will not be clear what impact California's law banning mercury in
vaccines has had on the rate of new cases of autism until at least
2009-2010 and later. Historically, the majority of children with
autism enter California's developmental services system between the
ages of 3+ and 9 years old.

If by 2009-2010 there has not been ANY change in the rate of increase
of new cases of autism entering California's developmental services
system, then we can scratch mercury in vaccines off our list of agents
contained in vaccines as a cause, and; then begin concentrating on the
numerous other poisons and toxic agents in vaccines such as aluminum,
formaldehyde, MSG, live viruses, etc., and most importantly, the
interaction of these and other toxic agents contained in the 34 doses
of vaccines children receive from birth to two years ol'

Thanks Vince
Old January 9th 08, 04:25 PM posted to misc.kids.health
Jeff

bigvince wrote:
On Jan 9, 8:58 am, Jeff wrote:
bigvince wrote:
On Jan 9, 7:14 am, Jeff wrote:
[...]

This is far from a neutral party.

California's ban on
mercury containing vaccines for pregnant women and children under
three did not take effect until December 2006.

Yet, most vaccines were thimerasol-free before the ban went into effect.

When you are able to say something intelligent, I will respond to you in
this thread. What have said so far is a waste of time and bandwidth.

Have a great day.

Jeff
Old January 9th 08, 11:09 PM posted to misc.kids.health
JOHN

cover up continues http://www.whale.to/vaccine/mmr54.html

Old January 10th 08, 02:24 PM posted to misc.kids.health
Mark Probert

bigvince wrote:
On Jan 9, 7:14 am, Jeff wrote:
http://www.businessweek.com/lifestyle/content/healthday/611489.html?c...

or

http://tinyurl.com/39l4ak

All thet really needs to be said about this study From
http://www.businessweek.com/lifestyl...ndex_lifestyle

"The study makes clear that "thimerosal cannot be the major cause of
autism in California," said its lead author, Dr. Robert Schechter,
medical officer with the Immunization Branch of the California
Department of Public Health. "

Would you really expect Dr. Bob to find that his branch of medicine
caused at least some of the autism cases. Sort of like Gonzales
investigating the Justice department .

When every well done study by real scientists shows the same thing, yes,
the burden of proof shifts to the anti-vac liar sociopaths. Substituting
conspiracy thery crap, as you did, does not constitute proof.

Old January 10th 08, 02:25 PM posted to misc.kids.health
Mark Probert

Jeff wrote:
bigvince wrote:
On Jan 9, 8:58 am, Jeff wrote:
bigvince wrote:
On Jan 9, 7:14 am, Jeff wrote:
[...]

Correct. Rick Rollens has a vested interest in continuing the anti-vac
liar sociopath debate.

Old January 16th 08, 04:12 PM posted to misc.kids.health
Robin Nemeth

The contention that autism cannot be caused by thimerosal in vaccines,
because it has been removed from them and the rates of autism in
California have not decreased with that removal, would be comforting
except for one very uncomfortable fact. Thimerosal has not, actually,
been removed from the vaccines that children are receiving. I recently
did a bit of research into the question of thimerosal content in flu
vaccines. While the information I was able to obtain was limited, the
convoluted answers that I received were enlightening in and of
themselves.

http://www.wideopenwest.com/~r_nemet...c_timeline.htm

CNN claims to have obtained an answer to this question

http://www.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/10/31...hot/index.html

and they say that only six percent of individual doses of flu shots
for this season are 'mercury free'. If one is to presume that the rest
have levels of thimerosal that could be of concern, then, eight long
years after the Department of Health and Human Services said that
thimerosal should and would be removed from vaccines, the vast
majority of flu vaccines in the US still contain the mercury
preservative.

Most of the articles I read have a great deal to say about the
influence of genes on the development of autism. I am not surprised
that genes would affect the development of this devastating condition--
they have some affect on how each and every one of us reacts to each
and every thing we are exposed to in our environment.

The incidence of autism in all of it's forms has skyrocketed in recent
decades--even the CDC no longer denies this. What most articles fail to
address is that it is impossible to explain such a ballooning in
incidence simply by looking at genetic factors, and not environment as
well. If I remember my high school biology correctly, genes are
combined, male and female, and passed on from one generation to the
next, which means that the process of change in populations is a slow
one that can occur only with the passage of many generations. This
spike in autism that has parents so concerned right now, however, has
occurred in the space of a decade and a half. Such swift change is not
possible only via the natural recombination of genes that occurs when
two parents have sex. It is obvious that some kind of damage is being
done to the genetic makeup, or simply damage to the organism. In this
case, that organism being all too often a human child, such as the one
that Karen McCarron, the former pathologist in Illinois, suffocated
with a plastic bag before attempting suicide because she felt
responsible for having had the child vaccinated.

Robin Nemeth
North Royalton, Ohio

Old January 16th 08, 04:26 PM posted to misc.kids.health
Jeff

Robin Nemeth wrote:
The contention that autism cannot be caused by thimerosal in vaccines,
because it has been removed from them and the rates of autism in
California have not decreased with that removal, would be comforting
except for one very uncomfortable fact. Thimerosal has not, actually,
been removed from the vaccines that children are receiving. I recently
did a bit of research into the question of thimerosal content in flu
vaccines. While the information I was able to obtain was limited, the
convoluted answers that I received were enlightening in and of
themselves.

Is Thimerosal in the flu vaccines given in CA?

In addition, would removal of thimerosal from all the vaccines except
flu vaccine still reduce the incidence of thimerosal if thimerosal
caused autism?

Get a clue.

Jef