Kidney reflux

Old August 17th 05, 12:01 PM

Default Kidney reflux

My 9 year old daughter was diagnosed with having kidney reflux in her
left kidney about 2 years ago. She has been on constant antibiotics for

sometime now. The affected kidney is functioning at 15%. She has also
recently had corrective surgery to hopefully prevent further reflux.

According to my ex- partner the doctors will remove the kidney if this
treatment is unsuccessful.

There is scar tissue in the kidney but there is still function there. I

have read in medical journals that a kidney can fail completely and
recover. It seems very extreme to remove a kidney from a young child
when there is still function there.

If anyone can give advice or even just write about there own experience

with this condition i would be very grateful. I am very concerned for
my daughter and want to see she gets the very best care.

Thanks,
Concerned Dad.

Old August 17th 05, 03:04 PM
CWatters

wrote in message
oups.com...
According to my ex- partner the doctors will remove the kidney if this
treatment is unsuccessful.

I don't think they normally remove a kidney to cure this but I think there
is another operation they can do. Perhaps she was stressed by the news and
didn't really register what the op was all about?

Try these web sites..
http://babiestoday.com/resources/art...dneyreflux.htm

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/urology/archive/5203.html

and google for more..

Old August 17th 05, 03:19 PM

Yes i think that is what has probably happened. Thanks for your help.