Pick your own farms - for strawberries, blueberries, apples, pumpkins, etc.

Old April 23rd 04, 12:44 PM
Blake

Default Pick your own farms - for strawberries, blueberries, apples, pumpkins, etc.

I just saw an old note here asking about where to find a pick your own
farm (U-pick, PYO) for strawberries, and I thought I'd add that you
can find a pick your own farm or orchard for fruit (strawberries,
blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, apples, etc.) and vegetables,
pumpkins, Christmas trees, etc. at http://www.pickyourown.org We
have listings for almost everywhere in the United States, plus Canada,
England, Wales, Scotland, Australia and New Zealand. There is other
information, like picking tips, harvest dates, local weather
forecasts; they even have easy, illustrated directions to make jam,
applesauce, apple butter, etc. And the information is all free!

Have fun!

Blake
Old April 23rd 04, 01:10 PM
Hillary Israeli

In ,
Blake wrote:

*I just saw an old note here asking about where to find a pick your own
*farm (U-pick, PYO) for strawberries, and I thought I'd add that you

Interesting. I googled this group for the phrase "pick your own" from 1981
to the present, and I found 26 instances of the phrase, about four of
which were in regard to farms, and NONE of which were about where to find
that kind of farm. Could you just at least be honest and say "i'm
advertising my website here because I couldn't think of a better way to
get the word out?" Because this sort of shilling doesn't sit well with
this crowed.

Old April 23rd 04, 02:56 PM
Welches

Hillary Israeli wrote in message

--

I was wondering when that had been asked too. :-)
I'd prefer the honest approach too-but, Blake, please don't take that as an

Old April 23rd 04, 03:47 PM
Plissken

Blake wrote:

*I just saw an old note here asking about where to find a pick your own
*farm (U-pick, PYO) for strawberries, and I thought I'd add that you

Interesting. I googled this group for the phrase "pick your own" from 1981
to the present, and I found 26 instances of the phrase, about four of
which were in regard to farms, and NONE of which were about where to find
that kind of farm. Could you just at least be honest and say "i'm
advertising my website here because I couldn't think of a better way to
get the word out?" Because this sort of shilling doesn't sit well with
this crowed.

Spam or not I for one was glad this site was posted, got some info on the
farms in my area! I'll be buying most of my produce from them this summer.

Old April 23rd 04, 03:57 PM
Elana Kehoe

Hillary Israeli wrote:

In ,
Blake wrote:

*I just saw an old note here asking about where to find a pick your own
*farm (U-pick, PYO) for strawberries, and I thought I'd add that you

Interesting. I googled this group for the phrase "pick your own" from 1981
to the present, and I found 26 instances of the phrase, about four of
which were in regard to farms, and NONE of which were about where to find
that kind of farm. Could you just at least be honest and say "i'm
advertising my website here because I couldn't think of a better way to
get the word out?" Because this sort of shilling doesn't sit well with
this crowed.

Seconding that one...he's posted in misc.consumers.frugal-living, the
same text. Does he think that we don't read more than one newsgroup or
something?!
--
It's Tis Herself!
Old April 23rd 04, 04:19 PM
Byron Canfield

Blake wrote:

*I just saw an old note here asking about where to find a pick your own
*farm (U-pick, PYO) for strawberries, and I thought I'd add that you

Interesting. I googled this group for the phrase "pick your own" from 1981
to the present, and I found 26 instances of the phrase, about four of
which were in regard to farms, and NONE of which were about where to find
that kind of farm. Could you just at least be honest and say "i'm
advertising my website here because I couldn't think of a better way to
get the word out?" Because this sort of shilling doesn't sit well with
this crowed.

Not quite sure why you find it so offensive. It's not like the site is
plastered with advertising. As a matter of fact, it's signal to noise ratio
is VERY high -- 99.99% useful information, and is of no cost to the viewer.

Also, you have made an assumption that because YOU couldn't find the "old
note," that it doesn't exist. That's faulty logic. Even if you were able to
arrive at every possible permutation of words pertaining to finding
pick-your-own producde, Google, itself, is not infallible.

On the other hand -- and this is directed at Blake -- the appropriate method
is to reply to the original question, citing the original question in the
post, rather than making an oblique reference to some maybe-real,
maybe-mythic previous post. When you are directly replying to a question
with a relevant answer, no matter how commercial the response might be, it
cannot be construed as SPAMming (unless, of course, you add in a whole bunch
of newsgroup destinations that were not in the original post).

--
Byron "Barn" Canfield