The Ty Pennington Story

Old September 25th 06, 09:18 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health
Raving Beauty

Default The Ty Pennington Story

Vernon wrote:
"Jan Drew" wrote in message
m...

"Vernon" athere@athere wrote in message
m...

"Linda Gore" wrote in message
ink.net...

Rumsfield?

No, Mark Probert.

Pharmaceutical Marketeers stock reply to anyone who dares to point out
there's no scientific basis for their assertion the so-called symptoms
of ADHD are a genetically transmitted mental disorder----is "the absense
of evidence isn't evidence of absence"

Fuzzy Logic is used to defend the US War on Children---same as Fuzzy
Logic was employed by Rumsfield to defend the US unilateral war against
Iraq.

You wouldn't know what the term "fuzzy logic" means.

You associate fuzzy with that wet feeling between your legs.

Tell us again how many Christian colleges you went to, Vernon.

Perhaps it is time to go back.
Of course it is exacerbated by hate and more hate. Don't worry, there
are a lot of people who get excited through masochistic and sadistic
fantasies.

When you get an education try not to read any of your past writings. You
will be embarrassed.

And you?

I answered a direct accusation wherein the accusation was based on ignorance
and HATE.

You are confused.

Bush/Rumsfeld fabricated non-existing Iraqi Weapons of Mass Destruction
as an excuse to send the sons and daughters of Nevada to their death in
Iraq.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2006/0...t_n_23164.html

Drug Pushers like Probert fabricate a non-existing genetically
transmitted neurobiological disease to excuse the drugging of millions
of US children.

Whenever anyone points out to drug pushers like Probert that scientists
have NEVER produced a shred of evidence supporting the drug pushers
assertion that the symptomology of ADHD is a genetically inherited
brain based disease ---the drug pushers ALWAYS reply--"-the absense of
evidence isn't evidence of absence" , IOW, the same reply Rumsfeld
made when no weapons of mass destruction were found in Iraq.

Old September 25th 06, 01:41 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health
PeterB

Mark Probert wrote:
PeterB wrote:
Vernon wrote:
Vernon wrote:
"Mark Probert" wrote in message
http://www.adderallxr.com/ty/ty_story/
The entire site is just about the most ignorant presentation I have
ever seen.
From you, Vernon, that means that it has something valid to say.
No, it means I have seen a lot of trash and a lot of cons. I recognize
them right away.

As someone who has actually had some training in psychology or
behavioral science,
Was that before or after youbecame a rocket scientist/high ranking
government official, bgtween your eighth and ninth careers?
Before AND during.

I can say that it is an excellent illustration of sick science and
a money making scam.
Sure it is...

UNBELIEVABLE that people get sucked into that trash.
Imagine that a person is sucked in because they want to adequately
function in society.
Oh, boy.

Drugs are the answer to everything.
Where did I say that? There is no question that proper medication can
help.
Some Meds CHANGE behavior. Those meds are classed as drugs. Alcohol is in
the same class.

It makes as much sense as a parent joining a certain Islam sect and
strapping dynamite to their kids and telling them they are expected to
take some dogs with them. THEY absolutely believe the nonsense. There
is no logic to change their mind.
That is an absurd analogy.
See above answer.

When in doubt use drugs or alcohol. You will have a lot of believers and
get a lot of sympathy.
Where did I say anything about alcohol? Medications are to be used when
appropriate.
To the people who decide they can't cope or are TAUGHT that they can't cope,
alcohol is one of the answers. Alcohol dependancy IS drug dependancy and
V.V.

The analagy is precisely right on.
There is no logic to change their mind.
Nope. The analogy sucks.
Like I said; There is no logic to change their mind.

Absolutely pitiful.

How can ANY intelligent person, even without training fall for that,
except to use as a failure excuse.
Of course it is / was on T.V. and there is little or no intellect
there.
I didn't mention the completely misleading and thus nefarious presentation
in their little "test".
The two giveaway traits in the "test" we
1. The completely ambiguous choices, never or seldom, sometimes, often, very
often. The same activity to different people would result in totally
different answers. Once a year to some would be never and others often.

2. Take this to your Doctor. ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
I showed the test to four different doctors in four different fields and
they couldn't believe the stupidity of the test and especially couldn't
believe that any respectable doctor would even bother to take it seriously.

ADHD: Poor little me, I can't cope.
I'm fed up with my kid and I'm going to drug it. Alcohol is frowned upon,
so I'll find a sympathetic (nefarious) Doctor and get a drug.

I don't know why they don't call Ritalin "Amphetakids," it would sell
even better.

When it is commonly prescribed as a generic...absurd.

"AmphetaKids" can be trademarked, you should mention it to your
sponsors.

Moron.

Dolt.

Old September 25th 06, 03:42 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health
PeterB

David Wright wrote:
In article .com,
PeterB wrote:

JohnDoe wrote:

That's 2 PhD's at most. Where are the other ones you told us about
Vernon? You know, the ones that made you 'dominant scientist' somewhere,
helped you invent magnetic tape, got you in top position at NASA, helped
you overhaul the complete production procedures at Intel etc. And where
did you find the time to learn to speak German? Oh yeah, that's right,
you don't speak German.

I guess you have little choice but to attack those infinitely more
intelligent than you. I mean, what choice do you have?

Non-mathematicians like PeterB would be well advised to avoid
mentioning infinity. It just makes them sound dumb.

You're hardly the one to be making a comment about mathematics. Do you
still think that a murder in the hospital compromises data collected
for an iatrongenic study? hehe

PeterB

Old September 25th 06, 03:43 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health
vernon

"Raving Beauty" wrote in message
ups.com...

"Linda Gore" wrote in message
[...]

Your report is the fabrication.

FYI There has NEVER been a higher voluntary reinlistment that by those IN
IRAQ.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2006/0...t_n_23164.html

huffington? ha ha ha ha ha ha another way of spelling hate oportunist.

Drug Pushers like Probert fabricate a non-existing genetically
transmitted neurobiological disease to excuse the drugging of millions
of US children.

Whenever anyone points out to drug pushers like Probert that scientists
have NEVER produced a shred of evidence supporting the drug pushers
assertion that the symptomology of ADHD is a genetically inherited
brain based disease ---the drug pushers ALWAYS reply--"-the absense of
evidence isn't evidence of absence" , IOW, the same reply Rumsfeld
made when no weapons of mass destruction were found in Iraq.

Having what to do with what.
No fabrications were made.
YOU, in your ignorance, think they are so stupid as to start a war if they
knew ahead of time that no WMDs would be found.
Just because you are stupid and apparently all your friends are stupid does
not mean the people in Washington are stupid. I may not agree with the
rhetoric or decisions there, but they are NOT as stupid as you are. That is
why you are a nothing.

The ONLY thing you and your friends know is HATE, and more HATE and more
HATE.
If you want to find out how we got where we are, check the workings of Jimmy
Carter. Three presidents couldn't repair the damage. I don't say that
because he was in the Democratic Party. Clinton recognized it and tried to
repair the damage.

What is your next ranting? Carl Rove is the reason for e-coli on
spinach???? He did visit California.

Old September 25th 06, 03:47 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health
vernon

"Sumbuny" wrote in message

O.K., you have some mental problems and have found a new religion.

It is interfering with your ability to see when someone is in general
agreement.

If you think your religion needs defending, re-think your decisions.

Old September 25th 06, 03:48 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health
vernon

"Jan Drew" wrote in message
m...

"Sumbuny" wrote in message

"Mark Probert" wrote in message
http://www.adderallxr.com/ty/ty_story/

No surprise there...I suspected he was ADHD since he was on "Trading
Spaces"...the fact that he "came out" about it was brave, since so
many who have it do not want other to know about it, fearing that it
will harm their careers...a shame, really.

--
Buny

" Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to
be normal."
~ Albert Camus

Most who have the imaginary "it" don't know they have "it" and just
get on with their lives knowing that no two people are alike and
REFUSE to take drugs to become an automon or programmed personality
that fits some imaginary standard.

Yep, there are people who ACTUALLY like who they are. Then there are
the druggies and alcoholics.

Perfect example...if I said I had ADHD, would you say the same thing
about me as well?

--
Buny

If you said it, you would be wrong, absolutely convinced and possibly
under some treatment, but wrong.

...and if I told you that my treatment involved such non-medicinal things
as seen here? http://www.ldonline.org/article/8797?theme=print

Teachers have NO business to instruct children about ADHD.

How else will the deception be forwarded?

Old September 25th 06, 06:32 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health
Mark Probert

"Sumbuny" wrote in message

[...]

Excellent advise for any teacher, special or regular.

Interesting that people automatically jump to the wrong conclusions on
limited information....a diagnosis given to clarify a problem, so that
interventions can be found...preferable the *Least Restrictive Environment*
(special ed keywords--but they can also apply medically--consider this
*Least Invasive*)....

You assUmed medication ......

If I told you I had ADHD, and that these non-medicinal environmental- and
behavioral-modification techniques were effective...what would you then say?

Old September 25th 06, 06:46 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health
PeterB

Rich wrote:
"Jan Drew" wrote in message
m...

"Sumbuny" wrote in message

[...]

What an incredibly stupid comment! First of all, the article is about
instructing children who HAVE ADHD, not instructing children ABOUT ADHD.
(More evidence of your poor reading comprehension skills.) Second, teachers
are very much in the business of instructing children about anything and
everything, and certainly ADHD is a subject that children should know more
about, since they are interacting daily with ADHD fellow students. Third,
YOU have no business telling teachers what they should teach.

Pu-leeze. The only medical issues that teachers should be talking to
children about are those relating to the approved curriculum, not an
"amphetakids" commercial from the drug makers designed to turn every
kid into an addict.

PeterB

Old September 25th 06, 06:47 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health
PeterB

Mark Probert wrote:
PeterB wrote:
Mark Probert wrote:
Vernon wrote:
"Mark Probert" wrote in message
http://www.adderallxr.com/ty/ty_story/
The entire site is just about the most ignorant presentation I have
ever seen.
From you, Vernon, that means that it has something valid to say.
[...]

From you, thanks for the compliment.

My pleasure.

Review: Dreamer: Inspired by a True Story (**) Steve Rhodes General 0 October 18th 05 11:21 PM
eScrew [email protected] Pregnancy 0 December 20th 04 11:07 AM
MMR - SCIENCE AND FICTION": the Richard Horton story john Kids Health 1 October 11th 04 09:47 PM
Review: Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story (***) Steve Rhodes General 0 June 16th 04 01:02 AM
Birth story: very late and *extremely* long Sidheag McCormack Pregnancy 14 December 13th 03 08:37 PM