frenums, GOOD pics in presentation

Old October 22nd 03, 05:47 AM
Dawn Lawson

Default frenums, GOOD pics in presentation

http://www.brianpalmerdds.com/frenum.htm

Went a-googling after I noticed DS's upper lip frenum (under top lip at
centre front) looks thick and long, just like in the pics in the
presentation, (In fact I wondered at first if he'd sucked the inside of
his upper lip between his front teeth) and I'm wondering if I should do
something, and if so, who I should ask for an assessement. My sister has
SEVERE front tooth protrusion with a very large diastema and I now
wonder if this was her problem, after reading this site and looking at
the pics. (my mom says DS has a "small face" just like my sister did,
and she didn't nurse my sister for very long at all)

VERY interesting stuff, big bfding advocate for correct bite/tooth
alignement

Dawn, with one more thing to fret about ;-) :-/

Old October 22nd 03, 05:58 AM
Dawn Lawson

Dawn Lawson wrote:
http://www.brianpalmerdds.com/frenum.htm

sorry to follow on myself, but he
http://www.brianpalmerdds.com/bfing_import.htm

is his discussion of bfding importance, which is VERY interesting as well.

Dawn

Old October 22nd 03, 03:34 PM
iphigenia

Dawn Lawson wrote:
Went a-googling after I noticed DS's upper lip frenum (under top lip
at centre front) looks thick and long, just like in the pics in the
presentation, (In fact I wondered at first if he'd sucked the inside
of his upper lip between his front teeth) and I'm wondering if I
should do something, and if so, who I should ask for an assessement.

I had a severe diastema from an upper frenum that extended down between my
front teeth. Had it removed under general anesthesia when I was about 8. No
idea how the preop work was done (e.g., who my parents had me see) but I can
ask my mom about it.

--
iphigenia
www.tristyn.net

Old October 22nd 03, 04:15 PM
Dawn Lawson

iphigenia wrote:
Dawn Lawson wrote:

Went a-googling after I noticed DS's upper lip frenum (under top lip
at centre front) looks thick and long, just like in the pics in the
presentation, (In fact I wondered at first if he'd sucked the inside
of his upper lip between his front teeth) and I'm wondering if I
should do something, and if so, who I should ask for an assessement.

I had a severe diastema from an upper frenum that extended down between my
front teeth. Had it removed under general anesthesia when I was about 8. No
idea how the preop work was done (e.g., who my parents had me see) but I can
ask my mom about it.

yes please, tho you're a long way off ;-)
the pics on teh site were of an 8yo....would the surgery not be done
sooner? (ie when should I worry?) Did you need orthodontics afterwards?

Dawn