baby will only sleep on chest

Old July 15th 03, 02:20 AM
David desJardins

Default baby will only sleep on chest

APS writes:
Our six month old daughter won't go to sleep anywhere but on one of
us.

We're not doing AP--Laura Nathanson's advice suits us best--but we're
not going to consider CIO until at least 4 months, if at all.

I don't understand what this means. If your daughter is 6 months old,
isn't that already older than 4 months?

David desJardins

Old July 15th 03, 03:28 AM
Ann Porter

"aps" wrote in message

You said:

Our six month old daughter won't go to sleep anywhere but on one of us.

snip

Then

We're not doing AP--Laura Nathanson's advice suits us best--but we're
not going to consider CIO until at least 4 months, if at all.

Is she six months or six weeks?

Best,
Ann

Old July 15th 03, 07:41 PM
aps

In article , David desJardins
wrote:

APS writes:
Our six month old daughter won't go to sleep anywhere but on one of
us.

I don't understand what this means. If your daughter is 6 months old,
isn't that already older than 4 months?

Whoops--I meant six weeks. Sorry!

APS

Old July 16th 03, 06:35 PM
Elizabeth Gardner

wrote:

APS writes:
Our six month old daughter won't go to sleep anywhere but on one of
us.

I don't understand what this means. If your daughter is 6 months old,
isn't that already older than 4 months?

Whoops--I meant six weeks. Sorry!

APS

Our daughter wouldn't sleep anywhere except on me at that age, though we
had some luck moving her carefully to a bassinet after she was out cold
(no twitchy facial muscles, completely limp arms and legs). I think the
best advice I got during that time was how to recognize that "out cold"
state, because if we tried to put her down before that, she would rouse
and cry.

She started sleeping six hours a night at about two months, but began
waking every couple of hours when she was about six months and then had
to be nursed to sleep each time. At 10 months (when I was about at my
wit's end from sleep deprivation) we used the Ferber method to teach her
to go to sleep (and more important, back to sleep) on her own, and it
worked pretty well though the first night was rugged for an hour or so.
After that, our bedtime rituals were still pretty extended, including
stories and rocking in the rocking chair, but the night waking thing did
not return.

I think six weeks is too young to do much with behavior modification.
You will sleep again someday.

9 month old sleep issues Lora R General 13 July 21st 04 03:53 PM
baby sleep problems Sarah General 10 June 28th 04 01:56 AM
normal baby sleep Stephanie Stowe General 9 June 6th 04 02:57 AM
Unconsolable infant dkc General 18 May 25th 04 11:02 PM
Rant: the attachment parenting explosion [email protected] General 9 January 10th 04 04:11 AM