how often do you clean your sterilizer?

Old May 20th 07, 09:48 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
[email protected]

Default how often do you clean your sterilizer?

hello! do you ever find the need to clean it?whe do you know it needs
cleaning?

thx

Old May 21st 07, 09:57 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
[email protected]

not all people were created equal and some have to use brest shields.
these are what i sterlize

thanks for the empathy.

Old May 21st 07, 10:41 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
NL

wrote:
not all people were created equal and some have to use brest shields.
these are what i sterlize

Question: Why exactly do you need them?

cu
nicole
Old May 23rd 07, 05:42 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Chris

On May 20, 10:34?pm, "Engram" wrote:
wrote:
hello! do you ever find the need to clean it?whe do you know it needs
cleaning?

I don't clean a steriliser because I breastfeed. This *is* a newsgroup about
breastfeeding in case you had not noticed.

FWIW, when I had to comp feed both my kids after they were born (breastmilk
didn't come in for a few days and they were losing weight) I cleaned the
steriliser every time I used it. I had a microwave steriliser and a tub that
you fill with water and add tablets. I don't know about electronic
sterilisers, but I suppose the same sort of principle would apply. With that
type of steriliser one would think that there was some sort of manual that
came with it - what does yours say?

Engram

I just sterilized bottles with my bottlefed babies using a large stock
pot filled with boiling water. Just boil the water and dip the bottle
supplies in with tongues and set on a clean papertowel to dry. They
dry within minutes. With my last breastfed baby, we still had to use
bottles because I did not get a maternity leave and had to work
immediately after giving birth (self-employed), and I just did the
same. I pumped while working when possible while DH offered the
expressed BM in a bottle. My milk was available from day 1. So yes,
even if this is a breastfeeding board, I don't feel that your question
was unreasonable.

Old May 23rd 07, 05:44 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Chris

wrote:
hello! do you ever find the need to clean it?whe do you know it needs
cleaning?

I don't clean a steriliser because I breastfeed. This *is* a newsgroup about
breastfeeding in case you had not noticed.

FWIW, when I had to comp feed both my kids after they were born (breastmilk
didn't come in for a few days and they were losing weight) I cleaned the
steriliser every time I used it. I had a microwave steriliser and a tub that
you fill with water and add tablets. I don't know about electronic
sterilisers, but I suppose the same sort of principle would apply. With that
type of steriliser one would think that there was some sort of manual that
came with it - what does yours say?

Engram

How much weight did baby lose in that couple of days? It is normal for
babies to lose a bit of weight in the beginning, as baby's suckling at
the breast signals the breast to produce the milk, so as much
stimulation as you can get on the breast, the better for baby. I can't
imagine what it would be like waiting for engorgement to hit and then
attempting to breastfeed. I don't think it would be too comfortable
for baby either because then you could face other issues like forceful
letdown due to the engorgement, etc.

Old May 23rd 07, 05:47 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Chris

wrote:
[...]

letdown due to the engorgement, etc.- Hide quoted text -

Oops, I mixed up posts. I never tried sterilizing my nipple shields.
Does it say on the box that you can put them in boiling water? I did
have a doctor share with me once that washing them in a very mild
soapy and hot-as-you-can-handle water is sufficient.

ugh -- more puke, can you clean a futon?? [email protected] General 7 January 26th 07 08:01 PM
KENNEDY: Time for CDC to Come Clean Ilena Rose Kids Health 0 March 1st 06 03:50 PM
Six years clean! AlanS Single Parents 0 January 3rd 04 04:05 AM
How do you clean SNS pipettes? Al Bell Breastfeeding 0 September 14th 03 08:51 AM
How do I get kids to clean-up? Andrea Twins & Triplets 0 July 11th 03 09:34 PM