Newborn advice please?

Old June 4th 07, 10:38 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Anne Rogers[_2_]

Default Newborn advice please?

The DW enjoys feeding him on demand because at night they sleep
together, he sleeps right up against her. I am jealous!

I saw a newsreport about some research regarding safety of sleeping with mum
or dad, it turned out that regardless of breastfeeding, mums in general had
better awareness of where baby was and were less likely to roll into them,
that kind of thing. It was a bit frightening how much rolling onto baby was
done, though none in the study were harmed.

I had the fright of my life when I woke up about 12 hrs after my 2nd was
born (in hospital, but we'd gone home) and DH wasn't in bed and the baby
wasn't in the room, either in the bed, or in her moses basket. I went to the
study and found DH curled up on a folding bed in a sleeping bag, didn't
realise DD was in there with him and paniced, started yelling, woke my
parents, didn't wake DH, then eventually checked next to him and there she
was, quite happy, fast asleep, reasonably safe in a nest he'd created with
his arm, that was the only time he got to sleep with her until last week -
she's almost 2!

Anne