Cloth Diapers

Old August 4th 03, 12:16 AM
Phoebe & Allyson

Default Cloth Diapers

For those who cloth diapered, did you go up to a bigger size
of prefolds, and if so, how did you know when to move up?
I've got the 4x8x4 DSQ 12"x16", and it seems like they
barely fit into the "up to 14 pounds" covers. Next size up
is 4x8x4 14.5"x22" and recommended for babies 15-20 pounds
up to 35 pounds.

I'm about to get a batch of the next size of covers (13-25
pound size), and if it's likely we'll need bigger diapers
soon, I'll probably order them at the same time. My best
guess is that Caterpillar is somewhere in the 13 pound range
at 9 weeks, but she's been in size 2 disposables for 3 weeks
now. She also needs a new cover with almost every poopy
diaper, because enough overflows either the sides or the
back that the elastic gets dirty.

Anyone have a favorite vendor for diapers and covers? I got
the last batch from Earthbaby, and am not unhappy with them,
but I'm not sure their prices are very good. I'll get most
of the covers as Proraps seconds, because of the price, but
I wouldn't mind blowing the savings on some more interesting
covers.

Phoebe

Old August 4th 03, 04:39 AM
Pamela Perkins

We went to the next diaper size when my little one started regularly soaking
the diaper --the diaper was not able to soak up all the pee as well... Note
that we have always changed diaper sizes before the recommended size,
usually by 2-3 weeks!

We use Tiny Tots diaper service (www.tinytots.com) and prowraps...

Pam

Old August 4th 03, 07:39 AM
Herself

Bruce and Jeanne wrote:

I ordered through greenmountaindiapers.com. I like them - no problems
ordering. I don't know they're cheap but I wanted to try some different
covers. I like the litewrap which thank goodness runs big (DS at
16.5-17 lbs can still fit into the 10-15 lb cover easily). The
bummiwrap seems to run smaller. We also like wool biobottoms that we
"inherited" from SIL and a friend.

I don't remember what sizes we used when, but I'm seconding Green
Mountain Diapers...I love them.

We use Bummi Super Whisper Wraps (they bit him best, and he has a minor
problem with wool), and wouldn't use anything else.
--
Meself
mom to P, 23/12/01