Little Dude got born

Old March 25th 08, 04:25 AM posted to misc.kids
Akuvikate

Default Little Dude got born

Short version: Little Dude was born on March 19 at 8:53am. He weighed
9lb 12oz and was three and a half weeks before his due date, making
him a little bit premature. He's doing very well now, but is stuck in
the NICU for a few more days under observation because the first day
or two he did some dumb preemie stuff (like forgetting to breathe when
he was eating). He's had an insanely comprehensive workup and so far
basically everything's normal.

I went into labor at 11pm and he was born the next morning, so the Bug
wasn't there. She was sick with a fever all of last week and woke up
in the night to find my mom in our bed. She was quite excited because
she knew that was the plan if Little Dude got born in the middle of
the night. His birth was a much more quiet, intimate one with just DH
and me (her birth also had my mom and one friend present).

Ridiculously long post with all the gory details available on
misc.kids.pregnancy.

Kate, ignorant foot soldier of the medical cartel
and the Bug, four and a half and three quarters (as she puts it)
and Little Dude, 3/19/08
Old March 25th 08, 04:59 AM posted to misc.kids
Chris

On Mar 25, 12:25�am, Akuvikate wrote:
[...]

Congratulations. So glad baby and you are doing well!
Old March 25th 08, 05:22 AM posted to misc.kids
deja.blues[_3_]

"Akuvikate" wrote in message
Short version: Little Dude was born on March 19 at 8:53am. He weighed
9lb 12oz and was three and a half weeks before his due date, making
him a little bit premature. He's doing very well now, but is stuck in
the NICU for a few more days under observation because the first day
or two he did some dumb preemie stuff (like forgetting to breathe when
he was eating). He's had an insanely comprehensive workup and so far
basically everything's normal.

Congrats to you and your family , and welcome to not-so-little dude!

Old March 25th 08, 05:51 AM posted to misc.kids
Irrational Number

Akuvikate wrote:
Short version: Little Dude was born on March 19 at 8:53am.

Congratulations, Kate! Welcome, Big Little Dude!

-- Anita --
Old March 25th 08, 10:27 AM posted to misc.kids
Chookie

In article
,
Akuvikate wrote:

Short version: Little Dude was born on March 19 at 8:53am. He weighed
9lb 12oz and was three and a half weeks before his due date, making
him a little bit premature. He's doing very well now, but is stuck in
the NICU for a few more days under observation because the first day
or two he did some dumb preemie stuff (like forgetting to breathe when
he was eating). He's had an insanely comprehensive workup and so far
basically everything's normal.

Congratulations, Kate! Hope his progress continues to be excellent!

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

http://chookiesbackyard.blogspot.com/
Old March 25th 08, 11:21 AM posted to misc.kids
Bill Hileman

"Akuvikate" wrote in message
[...]

Congratulations. Your little dude is exactly ten years younger than my twin
boys.

Bill "Frisbee" Hileman

Old March 25th 08, 11:53 AM posted to misc.kids
Banty

In article ,
Akuvikate says...

[...]

Congrats on the Little Dude!

Banty ("Little Dude" was my pre-birth name for my boy too)

Old March 25th 08, 01:28 PM posted to misc.kids
Sue

Congratulations.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Old March 26th 08, 01:06 AM posted to misc.kids
toypup[_2_]

"Chookie" wrote in message
In article
,
Akuvikate wrote:

Short version: Little Dude was born on March 19 at 8:53am. He weighed
9lb 12oz and was three and a half weeks before his due date, making
him a little bit premature. He's doing very well now, but is stuck in
the NICU for a few more days under observation because the first day
or two he did some dumb preemie stuff (like forgetting to breathe when
he was eating). He's had an insanely comprehensive workup and so far
basically everything's normal.

Congratulations, Kate! Hope his progress continues to be excellent!

Congrats from here, too!

Old March 26th 08, 06:38 PM posted to misc.kids
Barbara

On Mar 25, 12:25*am, Akuvikate wrote:
Short version: Little Dude was born on March 19 at 8:53am. *He weighed
9lb 12oz and was three and a half weeks before his due date, making
him a little bit premature. *He's doing very well now, but is stuck in
the NICU for a few more days under observation because the first day
or two he did some dumb preemie stuff (like forgetting to breathe when
he was eating). *He's had an insanely comprehensive workup and so far
basically everything's normal.

I went into labor at 11pm and he was born the next morning, so the Bug

Congrats, Kate; here's hoping this is the most worry that Little Dude
gives you for a long time, and that he's home soon.

I have to say, though, a 9lb 12oz preemie?????

Barbara