Now I have to brag a little!

Old November 26th 08, 08:32 PM posted to misc.kids
Kat

Default Now I have to brag a little!

So, for a while now, DS has been quite a handful and a real challenge for
me. That's no secret
He brought home his school report card the other day. He's in grade 2 now.
As I went reading through his report card, I have to say he did excellent,
once again. When I was in school, I remember we got our grades in a %. I
know some schools took those % grades and marked them as a letter average.
DS's school has thrown a curve ball with neither. They have this silly
"Achievement Level" to grade the subjects and areas in each subject.
The "Achievement Levels" are they demonstrate "excellent", "proficient",
"basic" and "insufficient" achievement.
His "Growth as a Learner" area (aka effort) is filled with 7 consistently
scores and 4 sometimes. Those 'sometimes' ones don't surprise me, as
they're all along the lines of being organized, using class time effectively
and similar. Still, all consistent or sometimes are the top 2 possibilities

For his actual classes, he's got 29 excellents and 5 proficients. Still,
very good! All the comments from his teacher are great - he's a pleasure to
have, highly intelligent, great all around. Not a single complaint in any
way, shape or form. Not even a touch of concern or negativity, other than a
comment of how he needs to take homework more seriously (which I already am
aware of and is already somewhat of a battle with him)

He did very, very good and I have to say I am proud of him and what he's
done in school. He has the same teacher this year as last year, and it was
pretty much the same last year for grade 1, but this year he seems to be
doing even better.

He asked me about his "wishlist" for the book fair they have at the school
for the parent/teacher meeting things, so even though it's really, really
tight around here, I did promise him we'd definitely take a look at the
books he's picked out for his wishlist and I will spring for a book or two
for him. Some new books that interest him seem far better than junk he
doesn't need (like candy or toys he'll just lose or something!)

Old November 27th 08, 06:09 PM posted to misc.kids
Nan

On Wed, 26 Nov 2008 12:32:43 -0700, "Kat" wrote:

[...]

Awesome! Books are always a hit here, too.

Nan

Old December 2nd 08, 09:23 PM posted to misc.kids
Nikki

Kat wrote:
He brought home his school report card the other day. He's in grade 2 now.
As I went reading through his report card, I have to say he did excellent,
once again.

Wonderful!!!

--

Nikki

My turn to brag A&G&K&H Pregnancy 6 December 10th 04 05:14 PM
A brag:My daughter the author:) Stephanie J General 12 May 30th 04 01:22 AM
Family brag Twinzmommie Twins & Triplets 8 November 5th 03 04:59 PM
OT- Little Brag Naomi Pardue Breastfeeding 0 August 23rd 03 02:31 PM
Brag (warning: sleeping thru night ment.) Joy Breastfeeding 4 July 12th 03 11:03 PM