Not feeling "full"

Old February 27th 04, 05:08 PM
Kathy

Default Not feeling "full"

Hi all--

DD is just about 5.5 months now and exclusively breastfed. She seems to
be doing fine...is growing and seems satisfied after nursing.

BUT, lately I notice that I rarely if ever feel that "full" feeling in
my breasts anymore...not even if I am away from DD for 3-4 hours or
first thing in the morning (she sleeps through the night) like I always
used to. I never leak anymore either.

I'm guessing (and hoping!) that this is normal...that my body just has
this down and there's no need for my breasts to get engorged as they
used to...but in a way I really miss that feeling of full, heavy breasts
because then I felt reassured that there was plenty of milk for DD. I'm
guessing there still is, but I can't help but feel a little worried.

Can anyone offer me some reassurance that all is well? Anyone else
feeling the same thing with a 5.5 month-ish baby?

Thanks!
Kathy

Old February 27th 04, 05:21 PM
nina

"Kathy" wrote in message

[...]

Yes,same here. All is well.

Old February 27th 04, 05:28 PM
Nikki

Kathy wrote:

I'm guessing (and hoping!) that this is normal...that my body just has
this down and there's no need for my breasts to get engorged as they
used to...

Yes exactly. This is completely normal :-)

--
Nikki
Mama to Hunter (4) and Luke (2)

Old February 27th 04, 09:58 PM
Beth

"Kathy" wrote in message
Can anyone offer me some reassurance that all is well? Anyone else
feeling the same thing with a 5.5 month-ish baby?

Yup, it's normal. Happened to me when DS was about 6 months old. And a
good thing, too, because he was off-the-charts fat. He continued to nurse
*exclusively* for another 5 months.

Beth

Old March 3rd 04, 07:47 PM
Kathy

Thank you everyone for your responses. I feel much better now that I
know that I don't need to feel engorged and full to have a good milk
supply.

This is a great group-
Kathy

Review: Maria Full of Grace (*** 1/2) Steve Rhodes General 0 June 27th 04 09:38 PM
Feeling Crazy!! (intimate question too) Kat Pregnancy 2 June 20th 04 12:53 PM
Not taking shower for a full month? woodyboyd2002 Pregnancy 13 January 12th 04 07:24 PM
full moon? Liz S. Reynolds Pregnancy 18 December 6th 03 05:42 AM
Not feeling letdowns Cheryl S. Breastfeeding 4 November 12th 03 08:56 PM